Looking for other treasure legends... - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Looking for other treasure legends...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2005
    Tucson, Arizona
    White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
    11 times

Re: Looking for other treasure legends...

Cptbil

Sounds like you left something behind for another treasure hunter!

Lots of action NW of Nogi right now, the illegals are pounding thru there as points east are patrolled by the 'militia'. It's a pretty good area to be careful as there are quite a few drug runners there too. Anywhere near Tubac is good for your game, as you well know. The hills in Arivaca are alive with caves and Spanish heritage.

SE of Tucson has a quite a few legend's I used to hunt (game) in the Santa Ritas a lot. There are a couple places I am trying to re-locate as I have TH time and interest. The meteorite story has consumed many, many days.

How can you beat the weather now? Be safe and Good luck!
    Hey! Who invited the hockey player?

Flatlander bitten by the gold bug.

Jan 2005
    6 times

cpt bill,

Do you have any good info on Spanish activity in the plains? It'd be nice to know if there is any validity to the Spanish one.

I found these little blubs on a couple of different websites. We are heading to KC the 1st weekend in May for a Family reunion, I am taking the detector.. Getting the plat map from the county historical society. Also may head to Seneca KS to check out another lead about 50,000 in nugget buried near the found on the Nemaha River. more then likely I am like the hundred millionth person to look at both of these but I figure it'd get me away from the hotel for a day while the kids are swimming.

Spanish Treasure in Cass County

On October 24, 1879 an article in the Cass County Times-Courier described the location of a hidden Spanish treasure near Harrisonville, Missouri. The text read:

"Before being massacred by attacking Indians in 1772, several hundred Spaniards buried 15 loads of gold averaging 130 pounds each and 1,000 bars of silver weighing an average of 20 pounds to the bar... in the area four or five miles west and one or one and one-half miles north of Harrisonville. The silver was buried within one-fourth of a mile of where the present day Rodman School is standing; the gold is three fourths of a mile farther northwest.?

More than fifty years later, a construction crew was building a bridge in 1930. The location was several miles southeast of the old Rodman School. During the excavation, the crew found evidence of a battle between the Spanish and the Indians, locating old weapons, skeletons, and part of old armor.

Harrisonville has dramatically grown in the last several years, so locating the exact location of the old Rodman School will, no doubt, require some sleuthing skills.

Rlg likes this.
    Gold is where you find it..

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by nebraskadad
    cpt bill,

Do you have any good info on Spanish activity in the plains? It'd be nice to know if there is any validity to the Spanish one.

I found these little blubs on a couple of different websites. We are heading to KC the 1st weekend in May for a Family reunion, I am taking the detector.. Getting the plat map from the county historical society. Also may head to Seneca KS to check out another lead about 50,000 in nugget buried near the found on the Nemaha River. more then likely I am like the hundred millionth person to look at both of these but I figure it'd get me away from the hotel for a day while the kids are swimming.

Spanish Treasure in Cass County

Man---you TH'ers out west get the nugs!-we get placer nuggets if you really try to find them from the creeks up north from where am,...........
    also hope ya have a damn good detector to find that 50,000 in nugs!..........what type of unit are you using to find nugs and loot?......if i may ask?....
    On October 24, 1879 an article in the Cass County Times-Courier described the location of a hidden Spanish treasure near Harrisonville, Missouri.? The text read:

"Before being massacred by attacking Indians in 1772, several hundred Spaniards buried 15 loads of gold averaging 130 pounds each and 1,000 bars of silver weighing an average of 20 pounds to the bar... in the area four or five miles west and one or one and one-half miles north of Harrisonville. The silver was buried within one-fourth of a mile of where the present day Rodman School is standing; the gold is three fourths of a mile farther northwest.?

More than fifty years later, a construction crew was building a bridge in 1930.? The location was several miles southeast of the old Rodman School.? During the excavation, the crew found evidence of a battle between the Spanish and the Indians, locating old weapons, skeletons, and part of old armor.

Harrisonville has dramatically grown in the last several years, so locating the exact location of the old Rodman School will, no doubt, require some sleuthing skills.

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    59 times

Nabr...Dad:
    Sorry!
    But! I don't have anything East of the Rio Grande !
    CptBil & Bugs

Flatlander bitten by the gold bug.

Jan 2005
    6 times

Thanks captBil

Just wondering.. I've located the "school grounds" in question on the plat. fairly simple enough to find. Need to get practiced up with the Quick Draw?II... Who knows.. More fun then buying a lottery ticket.

Gold is where you find it..

Apr 2005

when i was just a kid i would always hear legends and stories about sam bass , who was said to have robbed a bank in round rock,tx.and was shot in the process,but was said to have made it out of town with the money(gold coins) anyway when he was founded sometime later the gold coins were no where to be found,it was said that before he got to weak he buried the money and all the old timers i always talked with said it was between 1-5 miles out of town on or near the main creek that runs thru town.
    i would enjoy hearing from any1 who may know more about this.
    my dad told me he knew an old man , and the old man told my dad that he seen when sam bass robbed the bank and when sam bass rode out of town he did have bags he took from the bank hanging from his horse, and later when sam bass was bought back into town none of the law officers had any (bags) with them.

es
    Apr 2005
    Sardinera, Mona Island
    GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
    5 times

cptbill wrote:

HAY! Marc:
    As I mentioned in one of the "Posts", some time back...
    I have over 5000+ leads in my research library !
    Hey Cptbill

If you know 5000+ treasure leads, why you are not rich?

Amona

"Live your Adventure"

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    59 times

? ? Hay! Amona!? ?
    Knowing and Finding ? are two VERY! separate and different situations!
    But!
    If you'd like to come along? ?? and Help Look?? ?
    Drop me a line!
    CptBil & Bugs

es
    Apr 2005
    Sardinera, Mona Island
    GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
    5 times

Hey cptbill

First look this pic and tell me your opinion. I found this "12 or 72" inside a cave three months later after I took a video footage.

Amona
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12b.gif 
Views:	9164 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12b.gif 
Views:	8889 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	66043  
    "Live your Adventure"

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    59 times

Amona:
    Without anything more to go by, that sign/symbol could be/mean anything!? ?
    I have several directions,? ? from some old "Spanish Documents", to some mines , but without the "Key" component, I can't use/find them!
    I, now!, have to go out (into the field/mnts) and see if I can physically, locate the "key signs".
    One "Sign" in particular! (when used with the directions that I already have)
    Will point to the trail for several mines!
    The point is, that without a more complete picture, just one sign can be something or it can be nothing!
    CptBil & Bugs

Feb 2005
    2 times

Hey, cedarratt.
    How big is this cache and what type of items? i.e. coins, bars, nuggets..... size of the lake and nature of state surroundings? I'm asking, trying to formulate if there's a possible extraction after all. That is if you want to give any details you have. I prefer to believe that nothing is impossible if you have a good plan. 8)

us
    Jun 2003
    arizona
    10 times

How about some info on the Incredible 'LUE' treasure I am waiting Buck
    Anxiety in the heart of man causes deppression.But a good word makes it glad.  IN GOD WE TRUST.......

us
    Jun 2005
    Galveston, TX
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by rgb4
    when i was just a kid i would always hear legends and stories about sam bass , who was said to have robbed a bank in round rock,tx.and was shot in the process,but was said to have made it out of town with the money(gold coins) anyway when he was founded sometime later the gold coins were no where to be found,it was said that before he got to weak he buried the money and all the old timers i always talked with said it was between 1-5 miles out of town on or near the main creek that runs thru town.
    i would enjoy hearing from any1 who may know more about this.
    my dad told me he knew an old man , and the old man told my dad that he seen when sam bass robbed the bank and when sam bass rode out of town he did have bags he took from the bank hanging from his horse, and later when sam bass was bought back into town none of the law officers had any (bags) with them.
    I don't know the story for sure but I live in Round Rock and the story they tell is that Sam Bass came to town to day before he planned to rob the bank to check out the bank. He was carring a gun which was against the law in town and when deputies confronted him about his gun is when the fight started. So according to the local story he never robbed the Round Rock bank. He definitely robbed other banks and trains though.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11822 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

[? ? Hay! Amona!? ?;
    Knowing and Finding? are two VERY separate and different situations!

I'll back my buddy Captbil on this, he does have tones of excellent stories. Also it is one thing to find them and another to cash in on them.

RealdeTayopa
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

Parangjim

hey, Amigo,
    I am really intrigued by stories of pirate treasure, so what about a posting about Black Bellamy's and Paulsgrave Williams' treasure vault of Machias Township Maine?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links