Curious about PROVEN mega finds, and proven mega missings!

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know anyone can grab a detector and with some determination find some awesome things. I am curious about the "mega" stashes though. Behind the 40-50% BS in fairy tales, there is some truth. Of the proclaimed lost mines or treasures, besides shipwrecks have any finds ever actually been 100% authenticated and verified as real.

Personally i believe all of the "lost mines" if real, are actually forgotten stashes once found. Mining was an incredibly difficult job back in the day, and a profitable mine during anytime frame was more than likely stripped of the easy to get. So i do not believe that joe blow walked into a "mine" and came out with bars of gold. I am a believer in caches for sure though. Hidden from neighbors, or nations.

Victorias Peak comes to mind, but the obvious thing to me is, where are the good pictures. If they were able to get pictures of the ladder etc, why not the gold?

Or what tales are there that actually proof that they exist. Old treasure maps and clues are awesome to try to decipher. What has been somewhat documented that is still missing.

I ma new to this game but wanting to get into it in a large way. Have a few things i want to attempt to locate first, but what is out there. On a local basis of course. America only!

The lore of it all is part of the fun, but there is some truth too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread