Nevada Lost treasure?

gasparhunter713

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2008
Somewhere in NYE county nevada on a prehistoric lake bead between Stewart spring and the ghost town Goldkye there seems to be a story about a crap load of gold. Heres the link... what does everyone think? If anyone knows of any other lost treasure around the area please post a link:skullflag: Thanks

State Treasures - Nevada | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
The Pouge Station thread is very interesting because that is the exact spot of a much grander legend.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I recommend Nevada Lost Mines and Buried Treasures by Douglas McDonald (Las Vegas, Nevada: 1981).

Mr. McDonald combined accurate research with knowledge of the area and lively writing. It is an unusual item in lost treasure literature because it is reliable. Additionally, he pokes holes in a few published yarns.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

amani sky

Oct 6, 2013
I am new to this and it's because of the book Nevada Lost Mines and Buried Treasures by Douglas McDonald that I have become hooked. I went out yesterday following story # 11 Ellison Canyon Treasure. It's a great story to get anyone hooked, and the area has some of the most amazing scenery as well. However, Ely, Nevada made national news in September for record rainfall. Some parts of the road have just recently been repaired but are now very narrow and rough. The old stage coach road because of its popularity has ruts so deep that a higher lift 4x4 is my own personal recommendation. After exploring the area I can understand how the treasure has still not been found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread