Egyptian Treasure in the Grand Canyon?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Dave, coffee? Why should it have tc convince you?? It is just something to follow up on, if possible, similar to Troy in it's day, or Atlantis today.

As for academics distorting or suppressing things, this has been prevelant from Adam.

I'd argue that Troy had a lot more going for it. Even Atlantis had more going for it, and I'm not entirely convinced that it's as Plato described; even some of his contemporaries didn't believe in it, and they were far less removed from the problem than we are as it were. It's interesting that you bring them up though.

Was Troy's discovery suppressed?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was an hour long show about this on last night, "America Unearthed". It certainly didn't make a believer out of me.

I've followed some of Scott's shows, and I know quite a bit about some of the sites/topics. Suffice it to say, for the sake of his credibility with at least with me, he should have stuck to writing about agates.

But then, it doesn't pay as much...........

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
How can anyone really prove or not a legend?

Theoretically it's rather easy to prove a legend. Disproving one (or anything for that matter) is a lot more difficult.

In this case, if someone went down into the Grand Canyon and found a cave with hieroglyphics and mummies, this one would pretty much be proven. Yes, it's possible for someone to drag all that stuff down there and make it appear to be long buried, but that's a rather elaborate hoax and I'd be surprised if anyone with that sort of time and money wouldn't have something better to do with both. There would still be skeptics (there always are) but that would be evidence that's pretty hard to refute.

You seem to be taking my criticism personally. I'm not being critical of you. I'm being critical of a mindset that's in no way limited to this thread, or even one that you're necessarily guilty of. But you did ask me for my thoughts.

When analyzing a legend or story of any kind, my first two questions are, "Does this even make sense? What evidence is available?" In this case, the answer to the latter is little, and the answer to the former is no...at least, not to me. Aside from the mind-boggling difficulty of even making that trip, what reason did they have to be there?

For the record, I like to think of myself as open-minded in these things. I have no personal investment in the outcome. If anything, I'd actually be rather happy if some of these more outlandish (again, to me, and again, I'm willing to be convinced otherwise) legends turned out to be true, as it would make for a much more interesting history than the one we apparently have now. I simply want to ensure that my understanding of said history is rooted in fact as much as is possible.

Bit of a ramble there, but I hope it made sense.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd afternoon Dave & Bum: I will never go look of them even if permission could be gtanted to enter the area, but in my short lifetime I have seen many solid theories over turned. I remember as a Pilot we were told by top officials in the New USAF that it was impossible to go beyond the speed of sound, now they do that 'vertically,' right after clearing the aitpory pattern .
tOn Tayopa I was merely told that out there some wheere is a legendary mine. So I embared on a camapaign to find it and now can / show tell exactly where it is.

As for The Grand canyon thingie, definitely have my tongue in my cheek, but am wiling to talk abut the possibility.

Jose de La Mancha

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd afternoon Dave & Bum: I will never go look of them even if permission could be gtanted to enter the area, but in my short lifetime I have seen many solid theories over turned. I remember as a Pilot we were told by top officials in the New USAF that it was impossible to go beyond the speed of sound, now they do that 'vertically,' right after clearing the aitpory pattern .
tOn Tayopa I was merely told that out there some wheere is a legendary mine. So I embared on a camapaign to find it and now can / show tell exactly where it is.

As for The Grand canyon thingie, definitely have my tongue in my cheek, but am wiling to talk abut the possibility.

Jose de La Mancha

a legendary mine? let's talk!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:hello: Bet stuff from American South West are "related" to Mu/Lemuria; stuff on East coast (American North East, down to Virginia) are Atlantis-"related". :coffee2:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...or maybe in the Caroline Islands-Nan Madol ruins,or off the coast of Japan-Yonagumi undersea ruins.Someone built those structures for something.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a cave this size, and supposedly within sight of the river, wouldnt there be a Huge tailing pile somewhere? The same with a other Lost mines, the tailing pile should be the most visible sign, that there was digging in the area, even if the entrance of the mine was not visible, or did they always somehow conceal the tailings also?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a cave this size, and supposedly within sight of the river, wouldnt there be a Huge tailing pile somewhere? The same with a other Lost mines, the tailing pile should be the most visible sign, that there was digging in the area, even if the entrance of the mine was not visible, or did they always somehow conceal the tailings also?

Maipenrai,

Not necessarily. Take the Spanish Miners for instance. When they worked a mine, they went to great trouble to keep the locations of their mines secret. The entrances were very small. They would take the tailings up to miles away from the mine and spread them out for great distances, or dump them down very deep crevasses. You only start seeing large tailings piles after the 1847 war with Mexico.

Best - Mike

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used

You are absolutely correct on all counts, and I've enjoyed your Tayopa stories immensely. I have no problems with mysteries being solved. I'd actually like to see every mystery solved, and I'd like to see those stories told. That's my sly attempt at prodding you to get working on that book BTW.

And yes, exceeding the speed of sound used to be impossible. (Quite a silly idea really when you think about it, as we'd been exceeding the speed of sound with projectiles for several centuries by that point. But that's another matter.) Flight itself was originally impossible. When I was a kid, Pluto was still a planet. Eventually someone decides to challenge this, gathers the necessary evidence to prove it, and we adjust accordingly. In the former two cases, the counter theories (that supersonic flight is possible, and that flight itself is possible) are sensible theories to me. Perhaps some of this is due to the benefit of hindsight, as both of these achievements had occurred before I was born and had already been accepted as fact, but both of these achievements also had existing examples that proved them at least possible; we have been able to shoot a bullet faster than the speed of sound quite easily for a long time now, and birds and insects have been flying around without much trouble for as long as humans have been there to watch them. Both things were obviously possible for someone clever enough to work out the specifics.

But Egyptians in the Grand Canyon? I guess it's theoretically possible, but it's darned improbable. I'm also willing to discuss the possibility, but I'll want to see a fairly solid case before I take it seriously. And again, if someone made a discovery like this, would I be disappointed? Absolutely not! What a great story that would be! But we need evidence that this actually happened before we start working out the specifics of it, and we don't have that. (Yet?)

So perhaps your journey was on more solid footing. We know darned well that Spain and the Jesuits were associated with mining in Mexico, and we know that some of those mines were lost. To attempt to find one, after the proper research, would be an attempt to find something that is generally understood to exist. We don't have to speculate here. It was a solved mystery nonetheless, but it was a mystery with a known (or strongly suspected) answer. Attempting to find Atlantis would be on less solid footing, as it's not an established fact that it ever existed, and if it did, it might not be what we think it was. Attempting to find Egyptians in the Grand Canyon is even less certain, based on existing evidence and logic.

Anything is possible of course, but not everything is probable. When I don't have evidence, I rely on logic. Why the heck did the Egyptians want to go to the Grand Canyon? Let's start with that.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Not necessarily. Take the Spanish Miners for instance. When they worked a mine, they went to great trouble to keep the locations of their mines secret. The entrances were very small. They would take the tailings up to miles away from the mine and spread them out for great distances, or dump them down very deep crevasses. You only start seeing large tailings piles after the 1847 war with Mexico.

True, but is this how the Egyptians operated?

Such deception requires large amounts of manpower. How many people would they have brought with them?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it exists, perhaps it is a natural cave system, and so there were no tailings to dispose of...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
...or maybe in the Caroline Islands-Nan Madol ruins,or off the coast of Japan-Yonagumi undersea ruins.Someone built those structures for something.

Part of Mu/Lemuria empire, centered on Hawaii Islands...

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that I try to keep in mind is that in the history of the US, and considering the strong incentive that existed to keep the ole boys in whiskey:laughing9:, that there really isn't much territory here that hasn't been covered, if any at all. That's why research is so important.

Just because it isn't in our visualization inventory, doesn't mean it didn't happen. In fact, those two phrases have nothing to do with each other. They are in two different worlds.

They may have missed things, like the Colorado diamonds, but for the most part have been all over. A good example is Silver Islet in Lake Superior; that was discovered in 1868 - a small site but very early.

That gives a statement for a framework for examining legends; some of which are true, and some have a grain that are true. They are all great entertainment!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've followed some of Scott's shows, and I know quite a bit about some of the sites/topics. Suffice it to say, for the sake of his credibility with at least with me, he should have stuck to writing about agates.

But then, it doesn't pay as much...........

Maybe you can tell me then, which university did he go to for an optical recognition scanner that could identify any markings known to mankind? It was that show about the tablets that were found in a field made of clay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread