Who Was George Archer?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I am seeking information about George Archer, a "noted" hunter of lost mines and treasures who lived in Roll, Arizona in the mid-1930's. He may have been a friend or associate of Milton Rose and, perhaps, John D. Mitchell.

The few usual sources I turn to have come up empty so I'm asking the crowd - can anyone on TN help me with any more information about this gentleman?

Thank you very much!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Crow:

Could be - I do not have a middle name (or middle initial). Chances are there were not two George Archers operating out of Arizona in the 1930's.

Do you know anything about George T. Archer?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Bookarro

I cannot say for definite it is the same person.

It was the only person recorded by that name in archives connected to Arizona I have available.. George T Archer is recorded last living in Florence Pinal Arizona in 1939. He was listed as lodger on a farm owned by Luther Spencer in 1940 census in Silk Creek Oregon . He had worked 8 weeks in the last 12 months and earned a total of 100 dollars. He was born in Texas in 1894. He was unmarried.

Crow

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Crow:

Thank you very much for your research!

There just isn't much information available on the early-day professional treasure hunters - J.E. Johnson, "Hardrock" Hammond, and their cohorts. It was Karl von Mueller who opened up the window to that world to the rest of us.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Bookaroo

I understand why professional treasure hunters keep a low profile. As there is a number of reasons. Most are known by nick names for convenience and security. So any of the above name tracing them will be hard. I have a few more invisible past treasure hunters I could add onto that list.

Ever heard of man called Charles E Pouliot?

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread