Status
Not open for further replies.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The only bull I would try is the blue one...
Thanks for this one, I watched the kid, a little laugh being playing. But the
PBR bull riding no joke, some wrecks hard to watch, even though no blood
is showing, some people including the bullfighters, getting some serious
flesh, and probably also bones injuries.

The clowns saving some, if not all, from extensive further damage.
They are nervy and very good, I think, take some hard licks. I doubt
they get paid enough to do that... :fish:
:cross:

Oh yes. Have watched bull riding repeatedly here. Been awhile but on t.v. too. Bushwhacker running 1500 lbs. I think from a check online..
Saddle bronc riding was a more often watched event but then was more common also at local fairs,pro tour type rodeo's only a time or two a year but were attended.. A friends brother received the business end of a cattle prod in the shoot as gate was opened. He knew what the broncs felt and why they were fired up. When I claim no bulls but a barrel there is a reason. The folks watching would call me something. Probably an ambulance. Seen some awful wrecks and caught hands. Working with cattle in my youth pretty much soured me on interacting with bulls anymore than required. Some went where they wanted sometimes for a while.. one used to sneak in for grain at milking time when he could but was good natured about it. A lax attitude when washing udders could lead to a surprise when he was in...:hello:

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was self employed, one of my competitors, and also, I considered him a friend, had a younger brother that was a bull rider. The boy was still in high school. I heard several tales of his misadventures while riding those 'live bundles of dynamite'. He told me about the brother slipping between the bull and inside wall of the chute once when the bull tried to throw him before the gate was opened. Said that was the scariest time of his brother's life. He had a few bruises, but nothing worse from the incident. Then once got kicked in the chest as he was dismounting the bull. Didn't break any ribs, but was almost too sore to breath for several days.
It's been a long time since I attended a live rodeo. I watch one on tv occasionally. We have one close to where I live every year. I might try to go next year.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how was it? That Bushwhacker looks like he'll go out unridden, eh? :fish:
:cross:

It was great, there were no serious injuries, only one rider got stepped on his torso. He was in pain but walked out of there on his own. One bull staggered out of the arena.:laughing7: He spinned hard, and fast then the rider took a long time to get off since he didn't want to fall in the well. Not for everyone, they had a dancing clown.:laughing7:

Bushwacker has been ridden twice that I know of, but only once since he's been in the classics. That was by J.B. Mauney back in 2013 when they both were world champs. It was right after Bushwacker had a long layoff, that ride stopped Bushwacker's record at 42 unridden consecutive rides. His owner was going to retire him after the 2014 world finals, but I guess he bringing in too much money. He is still the rankest bull we have ever seen. He's bucked off many world champions, J.B. has only ridden him once in ten times that he has been on him.

Bucking bulls start in futurities at the age of two. At the age of three they perform in derbies, then at four they enter the classics.

Homar

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Coazon,

Interesting info. I guess that was not ridden for 2014, got to watch
the finals in Vegas, his supposed final tour then. I did find, and watch
J.B. Mauney's 2013 ride, in Tulsa. A good ride. Will be interesting to
see what he does in 2015.

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta question for anyone/everyone. When I scan through the 'new posts', I see the listings of the posts that I haven't seen. But, for the last several weeks, I don't see this thread. I have to go to the forum and click on it. It does not show up in the 'new posts'. Am I the only one that this happening to?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried it. Not seeing this thread in new posts either.. Perhaps there is a difference time wise of active topics and new posts. This thread due to you and I on it shows up in "active topics" though. Usually what I check if passin through . Unless a lot of traffic recently it shows a lot of recent posts.
So I don't know why this does not show up on new posts.
On home page it shows up on recent threads...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta question for anyone/everyone. When I scan through the 'new posts', I see the listings of the posts that I haven't seen. But, for the last several weeks, I don't see this thread. I have to go to the forum and click on it. It does not show up in the 'new posts'. Am I the only one that this happening to?

Most likely it has been pushed to 2nd page....

Are you on PC or desktop?

On desktop go to "My Posts"

On phone app go to "Participated"

You will always find posts you have posted in to look for new replies..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know about that TH. I've just noticed lately that this thread doesn't show up in the 'new posts'. Probably not a big deal to many, not even me, but just thought it might a problem with the site or something that needed to be checked out. As I said, I've not seen it in the 'new posts' for several weeks.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Red and T.H..
In searching for subscribed threads the other day I thought I had hit every button except the ones on my trucks door lock trying to find them..
Good thing I don't drive a computer on the road. Can make toast though if the thingy is plugged in.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I typed out maybe about half of a long spirited treasure story,
the other night. But, then thought it may look silly, and deleted
it. What is a treasured story to me personally, may seem ridiculous,
or preposterous to others, I know. Anyway, I never finished the
horse hauling story, bout half way, but time is slim for now.

It is my daughter's birthday, and her birthday party weekend,
will include her friends joining us at a double room in a nice hotel.
For a slumber party, swimming, food and treats, and the games,
they like to play these days. A second double room next door,
for the older folks, to rest up in-between events, chaperone,
swimming, etc. Helping, and checking on their treasured
spirits, and making sure they will keep it in good shape.

Should be fun, and tiring, I'm sure they will all have a blast.
:occasion13::occasion16::happy1::occasion15::smileinbox::occasion16::occasion13:

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crosse, hope it goes well. I wish her a very happy birthday! And of course, many, many more to come.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I typed out maybe about half of a long spirited treasure story,
or preposterous to others, I know. Anyway, I never finished the
horse hauling story, bout half way, but time is slim for now.

It is my daughter's birthday, and her birthday party weekend,
will include her friends joining us at a double room in a nice hotel.
For a slumber party, swimming, food and treats, and the games,
they like to play these days. A second double room next door,
for the older folks, to rest up in-between events, chaperone,
swimming, etc. Helping, and checking on their treasured
spirits, and making sure they will keep it in good shape.

Should be fun, and tiring, I'm sure they will all have a blast.
:occasion13::occasion16::happy1::occasion15::smileinbox::occasion16::occasion13:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to her! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Play GONNA HAVE A BIRTHDAY by the Beatles, from the "White Album", 1968... :icon_thumleft:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crose, you posted ---> I typed out maybe about half of a long spirited treasure story,
or preposterous to others

You hit the nail on the head in my writing the book. A whole ream of paper has ended up in the waste basket. :coffee2::coffee2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions