Lue Map

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel,
Inspired by your statement, I would like to float an idea I have been mulling over recently about the first entradas.
I have come around to an understanding of the folks who first came to the southwest under the spanish flag.
First, everyone needs to understand that the leaders of the colonizing expeditions, like Onate, were profit seeking adventurers. They made contracts with the king to obtain the rights to exploit a certain area.
The Contractor(conquistador) needed many people to join his enterprise, i.e. soldiers(knights with 4 horses and 2 sets of armour), settlers who would work the land and run the mines(rewarded with land grants) and priests, ;ots of priests to convert the indians and see to the settlers.
Onate was required by contract to build churches. He built 52 in the first year and a half.
The priests were to be franciscan(by contract).
An important point to remember is that in 1598 the Inquisition was in full swing and to be a moslum, a jew or a templar was real trouble.
Such people were killed, fled to the lowlands, or back to morroco or hid is monasteries where they quietly kept their ideas alive.
The colonizing expeditions offered an opportunity for outcasts, both soldiers and settler alike, to change their religion to catholic and get free passage to the new world.
In addition, the sudden need for priests(required by contract to accompany the colony to the new world) gave a chance for open minded free thinking priests that had been educated in monasteries that had housed "confessed" templars and continued teaching their insight, to flee the control of Rome for the new world.
In the 1980s it became common knowledge that many original spanish families in the northwest mountains of New Mexico had in the possessions and in their customs relics from jewish culture. They have become called "crypto jews"
They hid in the mountains of NM for 300 years without being known.....
There is a large indian pueblo, which at the time of the Pueblo revolt in 1680 had many spanish priests. All priest were killed in New Spain and at this pueblo one day in August 1680 except one priest at this pueblo was kept alive because he had taught them templar teachings and rituals and was a leader of that group which had become a "secret society/clan" at the pueblo. Early american masons who came west were astounded to meet brothers. The society is still there today.

So, my idea is that Most, if not ALL of the folks who came to the Southwest in the first 100 years(1580 to 1680) were in some way not really who the said they were. People will do just about anything to provide for the survival of their families or their philosophy. Changing religion and holding your tongue are quite doable when the prospect of FREEDOM is offered.

Another point to remember is that maps and mapping were the "nuclear secrets" of their day.

WH

The explorers and conquerors were clever rich folks from Europe who recruited, organized and paid for their own operations in the New World. They were mercenary armies whose goal was to enrich themselves, first and foremost. We don't really know much about their intel, as that sort of thing is kept close to the vest, but they certainly had the money and contacts. Yeah, the sanctioned expeditions were obliged to bow to the Crown and take along those pesky priests, but about all they did was to absolve the natives of their sins before killing them to get them out of the way. Later, when civilization spread, the religious had more power to subdue, but the soldier jackals pretty much ran wild in the beginning. There weren't many rules for the first ones in.

The expeditions we know most about (famous events, official reports, published journals, etc) form the history we've been given, but there's no reason to assume that conspiracies under the radar might not have occurred too. Human nature never changes. The crypto-Jews who had the means to escape into the New World may have had no true loyalty to the King and played out their own agenda - especially in the San Luis Valley of Colorado, where they have a long undocumented past. Also the Basque from the Pyrenees - mysterious and extremely capable folks who also might have run under the radar. Well worth studying their New World involvement, beginning in the 1300s in the cod business off the New England shores. There were no surveillance cameras, facial recognition tracking, etc in those days, but money always talks and who knows what kind of deals might have been arranged? We think we "know history", but as Tolstoy said, "History would be a wonderful thing if only it were true."

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Some of my ancestors were with Onate' in 1604 and owned one of the largest land grants north of Santa Fe.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

What was his name, if you don’t mind me asking? Do you have any information about his activities? Do you know if he was part of the Onate expedition to the northeast of New Mexico?

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember about lightning strikes and Urraca Mesa? Many claim it to be Haunted?

The Pueblo Indians think the mesa is haunted?

The Navajo, believed a great battle between the Old Ones (Anasazi) and the forces of evil coming out of the portal was fought on top of the mesa. It is said that all members took part in the battle, with their medicine men managing to seal the portal shut at the last moment with 6 cat totems. The entire tribe was wiped out in the fighting with only a few survivors left the area never to return.

The most well known stories of the area come from this battle which was said to have happened here. The 6 totems are thought to hold the portal shut, and should they all fall it would re-open, and today there are only 2 of these totems remaining. In regard to the portal the indians thought the Aztec's were devils as well as the Spanish Conquistadors who were in the midst of the inquisition. Any reference to devils and the physical horrors brought by these two groups is factual as shown in the wonton and most of the time brutal massacres of indigenous people. Would you venture there after dark?

Several people have had strange encounters with ghosts and strange creatures on top of the mesa.

This is one of the most well known haunted places in the state of New Mexico.

This brings me to what the portal really contains? Once again GOLD is the best conductor of electricity and as I reiterate the mesa has the largest amount of lightning strikes lends to the belief that the contents of the portal could possibly contain that precious metal?

I guess we will never know since it is owned by the Philmont Scout Ranch and by the way the scouts have been linked to the Templars. Now fancy that?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello mdog,

The following is in relation to your request of persons on one side of my families history in the region:

16th century
1536 - Cabeza de Vaca, Estevan the Moor and two others reach Culiacdn, Mexico, after possibly crossing what is now southern New Mexico, and begin rumors of the Seven Cities of Cibola.
1539 - Fray Marcos de Niza and Estevan lead expedition to find Cibola and reach the Zuni village of Hawikuh, where Estevan is killed.
1540-42 - Francisco Vasquez de Coronado explores area from Gulf of California to present-day Kansas, discovers the Grand Canyon.
1580-81 - Fray Agustin Rodriguez leads expedition to New Mexico; four members of the party killed by Indians.
1582-83 - Fray Bernadino Beltran and Fray Antonio de Espejo lead expedition to New Mexico to search for survivors of the ill-fated Rodriguez mission.
1598 - Juan de Onate establishes the first Spanish capital of San Juan de los Caballeros at the Tewa village of Ohke north of present-day Espanola
1599 -
Battle at Acoma between natives and Spaniards
Seeds of Pueblo Revolt sown.
17th century
1600 - San Gabriel, second capital of New Mexico, is founded at the confluence of the Rio Grande and the Chama River.
1601 -
Mass desertion of San Gabriel by colonists
New recruits front Spain and Mexico sent to reinforce colony.
1605 - Onate expedition to the Colorado River; visits El Morro, leaves message on Inscription Rock.
1608 -
Onate removed as governor and sent to Mexico City to be tried for mistreatment of the Indians and abuse of power.
Decision made by Spanish Crown to continue settlement of New Mexico as a royal province.
1609-10 -
Gov. Pedro de Peralta establishes a new capital at Santa Fe.
Construction begins on the Palace of the Governors.
Gaspar de Villagra publishes epic history on the founding of New Mexico, the first book printed about any area in the modern United States
1620 - Juan De Quintana 11th generation Maternal grt grt grandparent born in 1620 in Mexico City, Mexico married Ana Maria De Peralta

1626 - Spanish Inquisition established in New Mexico.

The rest is too personal I decided not to share. I made a mistake on the date. It wasn't 1604 it was 1602 but what is a couple of years when you are fighting indians, the government of the colony and bandits?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

PS: One of my ancestors pissed someone off and lost his head, literally. "Head is the Best" but not in his case.

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to disrupt this thread, Their was some land a few years ago for sale close to Acoma that the agent advertised as haveing Anasazi relics buried on it.I own some land in Candykitchen Ranch, and I have heard of relics being dug up their as well.I dont know what was dug up,but I am guessing mostly pottery.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've been reading field reports in the early volumes of the Smithsonian BAE Bulletins. They get interesting when the archaeology/ethnology agents get off the beaten track and explore and document old desert ruins, apparently undisturbed for hundreds of years, with artifacts and skeletons either on top of or poking out of the dirt. Indiana Jones-stuff (but no spike traps or giant, rolling boulders)!

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post on NM history, LUE-Hawn.
Bueno, bye.
WH

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ryano,

That brings to mind two artifacts I saw in old town Tucson, Arizona back in the late 1990’s. They were in a rock shop and I was looking through the display cases. One of the artifacts was a Spanish axe head buried deeply into a human skull and the other was a knapped stone arrow head embedded in the head of the tibia. They were found in Northern Arizona at the site of an old battle. I was very much impressed by both of them. Unfortunately they were not for sale otherwise I would have tried to purchase them. I did however purchase two antique Hopi Rattles one a flat seed head rattle and one a gourd rattle. Both pre 1900. Take a peek.

Best regards

LUE-Hawn

66F890C9-4B58-4F04-8C1E-46BDC9B7FAD0.jpeg

AB2F795E-31EA-4BF0-B30C-2B61018DB8F9.jpeg

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

In regard to the LUE Map where in the four corners region do people think it is located? I recall KVM said someone in the 4 corners area had the map and Hard Rock Hammond picked it up from a person there and copied it down? Any information regard its location there would be helpful?

Thanks

LUE-Hawn

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You probably already found it but the "More Lue Map sightings" thread in this forum has the answer. Another member kindly shared his map with the alleged cache recoveries plotted.

Spyro

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All markings, angles, etc. on the Waybill point to this location

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Spyro - is this your ranch land ? A while back you said you were acquiring the property.

Last edited:

Spyro

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No - it is not my ranch. I've tried to "cut a deal" with the owner - but he won't let me go on the property to verify the cache locations I identified using "21st century technology". But I do have the drone fly-over used to verify the cache locations.

The owner did say I could purchase the entire property for a few million though. Would you like to "chip in" a million?

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hehe.. Naw, I'm not a big money guy... yet.

Is this THE Rocky Mountain Ranch in Idaho or a ranch near the Rocky Mountains, or just a ranch near some mountains ?

Spyro

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that area is considered the Rocky Mountains and not far from the Four Corners

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone maded and cents of all the stories on the Lue Map ??? What do any of you think of Karl von Mueller's stories and search in and around the Lue Map.Let talk about it.
Welcome to our websites where you will meet many friends and learn about treasure hunting. Karl was a great person, great writer and a great treasure hunter. He and his friend found most of the treasures to LUE. Good hunting and good luck.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From time to time I read various people's opinions of Karl von Mueller and it is clear that most of the writers never met him. If they had they would know that he was a rock of a man - and it was all pure ore!

More to the point, most treasure hunters today don't understand what KvonM did for us. During the J. Frank Dobie era, treasure writing was mostly folklore. His excellent Coronado's Children and Apace Gold and Yaqui Silver were collections of folklore. This was during the 1920's and 1930's. Experienced collectors will own a copy of Legends of Texas - where many of these stories were first printed. This was a publication of the Texas Folklore Society.

Then came the era of men's adventure magazines - Argosy and True and countless other titles. 99% of these articles was fiction, of course, but it was very popular fiction. Harry Rieseberg and F.L. Coffman and Thomas Penfield were publishing books that sold many, many copies - but probably never lead anyone to finding anything.

Meanwhile Karl von Mueller was sharing the inside world of professional treasure hunting. His Treasure Hunter's Manuals, Sudden Wealth, The Encyclopedia of Buried Treasure Hunting, the National Prospector's Gazette and The Exanimo Express didn't make him a lot of friends within the profession. But he really didn't care about that.

If Karl wrote it he thought it was true. It was based on more field experience than any other treasure hunter alive or dead. He didn't need the money he made from books - he could have made a fine living continuing to write for the Saturday Evening Post and other national magazines. Not to mention all the plunder he found.

He wrote about the LUE treasure in THM #7 and there is a diagram that looks a great deal like parts of it in the Treasure of the Valley of Secrets. You can rest assured it was for real because he said it was. That should be enough for anyone who calls himself a treasure hunter.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
Thanks. This is # 10 worth repeating.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karl not only wrote books and magazines, found millions dollars of treasures, he also sold metal detectors. He sold me my first, a White BFO with a wooden coil with a hole in it.

Spyro

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karl von Mueller never found one speck of the LUE.

Randy: the REAL question is - how do all the angles, measurements and markings on the waybill pinpoint that location?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread