Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer,

I almost always get a positive reply. It may not be the best, but I am happy with the results......so far. Professor Smith has given his opinion, so I would not insult him by repeating the question, in any manner.

I consider Mike a friend. It just seems natural for us to rag on each other now and again. You on the other hand, are an acquaintance and as such, any contemptuous comments should be considered as from the heart.;D

Take care,

Joe

Be it as that may be- I grant you and Mike the benefit of knowing each other in person. Mike certainly is a good-natured individual who has a thick skin and can take ribbing as good as it comes.

But one aspect of my research has been to spend extensive time looking through the archives on this forum and several others, including the LDM forum which dates back to 2002, and I'd like to think that I've developed a good feel for some of the users over that period, and you don't really come across as someone who kids around.

That being said, my offer still stands. Let's try it your way (Dear Professor Smith... et al) and see if you are more successful in your method of inquiry as far as getting someone to identify what that glyph is.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M: posted---- Jose de una leche malteada de chocolate,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike ya big ape :laughing7:, when we came back from overseas in 42, all of the men were saying that they would hit the first booze joint and stay there until they were sent back overseas, yet every one was found in the first batch of soda fountains quaffing Milk shakes etc,

As a matter of fact I could go for one right now, you too ??

Don Jose de la Choco Malt de la Mancha

P.S. 'you' reminded me of that, so no, I am not sorry for posting on anothe subject, so thare !!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya prof. It is rime for you to take a little coffee break. Incidentally, I have this lil problem in that I saw this aquatic serpent about 60 - 80 long, fightng with my friend Golly in the river. Do You have any idea what species or sub-branch they might be ??

cl Don Jose de La Choc Malt

P.S. I am still lookimg for my friend ??

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA

Some of the very first Spanish I learned at about nine years old:

1. Una leche malteada de chocolate
2. pepote
3. cacaguate
4. and of course when anywhere in Mexico: quantos?

and my grandmother (who was as white as white could be from Memphis) used to send me to bed at night: Que usted duerme, con los angelitos, y que me suena.

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you mean ¿Cuánto?

My language is American English! While I can speak a few others (none perfectly fluent), I can get by. ;-)

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring,

First, I don't know where you got the idea from SonoitaBob's Post that Ron lied about ANYTHING?

Our group determined that they were probably some rich Mexican ranchers "piggy bank" buried during the time of one of the Mexican revolutions and that they were most likely coin melt bar (50 peso Mex and US $20 - both .900 fine). Why melt good coin? Why cast them with crosses and V's? I don't have an answer for that. He evidently came back to his hoard to make a withdrawal as 4 of the systematicly plotted location spots were dug up previously before "Ron" interpeted the location system.

Bob says he has known Ron for many years, not only knows about the first 82 pounds of gold, but an additional 150 or so pounds he found. I know that story as well, but haven't said anything about it.

Bob just says that Ron found a cache that somebody hid. He also can't explain why anybody would melt coins, and recast them into bars with Jesuit Markings.

Mike

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Gollum

I spaek the kings engrish mixed with every slang from every 3rd world toilet called a country with twinge of Pigein Aussie bush slang and Orish. It completely screws with anyone who has learned English. It even flows into other langauges I speak I get by also.

Crow

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Joe. Mike ?? apparently enough - happy houses, bars used cars, treasures, etc. :laughing7:

Don Jose de la Mancha

Happy houses? ??? What are Happy Houses? :icon_scratch: RonaldMcDonald type with the golden arches or what? :dontknow: I need you to explain in detail what exactly goes on in these "happy houses" since I was raised on a mountaintop in PA so never heered of setch thingz.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola ORO; They are called 'happy houses' because after your usual 1/5 of happy juice, you can fulfill your fantasies in there _ so I have been told in my class on beginning abnormal psychology.

Me? I am just a shy, red blooded Yankee. originally from Nawthern Calif.

My education on this subject ended when we installed indoor bathrooms and threw out the Sears & Monky' catalogues.

Don Jose de La Mancha (The suppresed, atavistic -------- :censored: :icon_scratch:)

s

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember (roughly) when the "finder" first came across this item. I'm hoping he's willing to weigh in on this thread and share some more information as to whether there were other things found or noted at the time that would help shed any light on it.

*nudge nudge*

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa, AH yes, after you have a couple of these:coffee2: you always have to go to the reading room, just hope its not 3 o'clock in the mornjng ,snow blowing, and 10 degree's. np:cat:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember (roughly) when the "finder" first came across this item. I'm hoping he's willing to weigh in on this thread and share some more information as to whether there were other things found or noted at the time that would help shed any light on it.

*nudge nudge*

For those who can't wait, a lot more details can be found on the thread that directly addresses this, on page 6 of the LDM forum. Sorry for not posting a direct link as that is against forum rules.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread