Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tintin,
You made a comment about not seeing ex-Navy Seals in TH-ing.
My response is: They are here, but they continue to utilize their advantageous knowledge of stealth.
Don......

Mackaydon :)..Ofcourse you dont know who is who here 8-)

tintin treasure

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Crow. I understand. Sometime back I began to dig on the so called Napolean treasure which he looted from Moscow but didnt reach Paris during that fateful retreat journey...Somehow on the journey back it disappeared or left buried somewhere around present day Lituania (there is a thread I started sometime back). Suck kind of stories are very fascinating but couldn't proceed further with lack of real docs. I understand your professionalism dont worry.

tintin treasure

TT the trouble is wrong people saw it. You may of had a better result if you posted it in treasure legends. I have some information on the topic ya can have. I just have to dig my files up.

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT the trouble is wrong people saw it. You may of had a better result if you posted it in treasure legends. I have some information on the topic ya can have. I just have to dig my files up.

Crow

thanks Crow.

tintin treasure

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As I look at the title to this thread, I think about the five galleon wrecks in the approach waters to Guayaquil and towards the point at La Libertad. We found one (the "Capitana" 1654); another group found one more, but to my knowledge, three remain to be found--in relatively shallow waters. The law now provides favorable (50/50) split of the goodies. Would like to hear/see that someone else has found the third.
Don......

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I look at the title to this thread, I think about the five galleon wrecks in the approach waters to Guayaquil and towards the point at La Libertad. We found one (the "Capitana" 1654); another group found one more, but to my knowledge, three remain to be found--in relatively shallow waters. The law now provides favorable (50/50) split of the goodies. Would like to hear/see that someone else has found the third.
Don......

thanks Mackaydon, By 50/50 you mean the money equivalent or you take 50 percent of the actual artifacts or treasure itself. How does it work?Suppose you get a golden statue only,how does the 50/50 law work here?

tintin treasure

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tintin,
The deal we cut was 50/50 of the goodies.
We cut the pie and they had the choice of which part to keep.
Don.....

thanks Mackaydon...that seems generous....,ofcourse they may restrict you not to take it out of Ecuador but sell it inside only I presume.

p.s. But u didnt answer my hypothetical Q ,what happenes if you find lets say a huge single gold statue? You break it apart in two?:laughing7:

tintin treasure

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Our deal included free exportation of the product without 'duty fees'.
The gold statue idea is beyond reality to me; but should I encounter such a find, I'd work something out with the authorities.
Don.....
PS: The 50/50 was not the law when we started; we had to convince the authorities to change the law to make it a Win Win; and we did.

OP
OP
D

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon, you are right, the gov is something you can work with……..
And as our esteemed feathered friend has said, sometimes you can keep under the radar…….although this would not be easy given the boat traffic there…..

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We worked our site with two Ec. gunboats at our flanks.
Keeping 'under the radar' for us was these boats keeping pirates and other interlopers away from the site as we conducted salvage ops. The Navy said they were there to protect us. We all knew why they were really there.
Don......

OP
OP
D

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the Ec navy, it may have been for both reasons, but I agree, they were there to keep watch…..
I would guess it would be comforting to have them close though…..

So, still 3 ships to go…….I have not researched it, but there must be many, many wrecks from several centuries in the waters around there……
Mackaydon, how deep was your salvage op?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My memory of the Clarius is fragmented, so please bare with me. Esmeraldas area, Banks of Sardinas, $200M, strong currents in that area, Scott Heimdal's deal with Marx as the researcher; RSOPS, etc. As I recall, Scott started with 'our' Capitana site and found not enough to justify the effort. I don't know if he actually searched for the Clarius or others that were on his list of Ecuadoran targets. Is Scott's group the "they" you referenced in your most recent post?
Don......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions