The riddle of the lost Chinese Treasury

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow, two excellent reports on the Cultural revolution and the party g0 --_>

I kept up a form of contact with my friends, Tony Brovchenho and Lubitska Arshunakuna ? which was extremely dangerous for them = if found with an American wrist warch or money, was a death sentence by the red Guard. you can imagine telling an American what was going on sheesh.

I was told how the land reforms were made. The land owners were paraded, tied up, with placards saying that they were land owners, and a title to their lands were posted with them

Then a large hole was dug, the land owners were pushed into it and buried alive , whereapon the pesants were advised that it was for their use, but, only as long as an almost total production for it was anounced

The Gov't took it's cut before the peasant received anything,, many times they were effectively starved ro death due to the ridiculous quotas.

This was only a small thing in the Cultural Revolution. Millions died

I need Coffee, :coffee2:

Twasn't so nice for the Reg chinese, starvation was rampart also. Many times I couldn't finish my meal at a restaurant that had a window to the street. You would look up and see a little Chinese kid.all skin and bones, standing there with drool running from his mouth. It took a long time before I came to terms with myself.

In Shanghai they had what was called the blue baby squad, whose sole duty was to go aroud and find the lil girls that had been born that night and were still alive, they were sent to the Catholiic mission

Gierls were considered a drag on the family which was fighting a constant battle with starvation.. A prime young girl of 16 could be bought for $ 50 up. The girl would never run away because of honor and she would simply return to a squalid, starvation life..

Don't get me started.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Don Jose for the interesting and excellent links. That just about sums up the terrible fate of the Chinese.

Once Chaiang kai shek lost the biggest land battle in history against Chairman Mao and lost Peking he saw the writing on the wall. He fled to Formosa now present day Taiwan. The money that was sent back from Japan and remaining Chinese treasury went with him.

Northern Star Friday 9 September 1949, page 5.jpg

There was other conflicting newspaper reports at the time some newspaper reports that denied this by all means in Chiang kai shek best interest not to give too much information away. However he need the money to stabilize Taiwan in modern state it is today.

Cairns Post , Saturday 10 September 1949, page 1.jpg

The gold reserves was flown out by DC-3 aircraft and by the ship below called Haixing. There is reports of the gold been carried out coolie style to be loaded onto the ship as the nationals departed China.

randfontein-haixing.jpg

So the trail my friends takes up to Taiwan....

To be continued......

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
AS you can see the great Chinese gold reserve, the gold accumulated over 400 hundreds years of trading with the west and the Spanish empire through the Manilla trade had dwindled down to almost bankruptcy in Taiwan. In paying wages and stabilizing the island of the troops that retreated with him.

Barrier Miner , Saturday 24 February 1951, page 2.jpg

A special thanks to Arizonia bob on the note below of some of the gold 36 million in 1950 gold values at least did actually make it to the united States in a not so secret shipment via aircraft via Alaska.

China Gold 1950.jpg

And what of our mysterious supporter of Chiang Hie chek? Rodney Gilbert. Here is apassanger manifest him once again traveling from Tipai Taiwan. Did he have some involvement in transporting some of the gold to the United States?

rodney gilbert 1951 from taipai s.jpg

The newspapers gives more information of shipment below that it went to the United States Gold reserves

The Sunday Herald  Sunday 15 January 1950, page 3.jpg

What you might find interesting is another newspaper report below said the shipment was not from Taiwan but money from Siam Thailand to be stored in US Federal gold reserve.

The Sydney Morning Herald , Monday 16 January 1950, page 3 gold from siam to alaska.jpg

And finally questions begs to be asked how much of the remaining gold reserves actually did end up in the united states Federal reserve? And today the mystery remains with the strange collection of gold bars and a cryptic code that begs the inquisitive of us all to understand a possible key to secret fortune in gold? Perhaps even hidden in the United States?

10.1.jpg 5.1.jpg 7.1.jpg

10.2.jpg

A mystery that begs indeed closure worthy of fortune hunters daring to dream.

Crow

Attachments

• rodney gilbert 1951 from taipai.jpg
    rodney gilbert 1951 from taipai.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Pajaro Negro, AKA Cuervo, AKA Crow…………fascinating…………
And why is it about every country and entity sent their gold to the private bank, Federal Reserve? Surely the gov of the USSA could safely keep it in now empty of gold, Ft Knox?

Certain is there are many unanswered questions about gold from all of Asia around WWII…….this is gov gold…..I would guess given the uncertainly, that many wealthy families stored their gold in the safest way possible for them, buried……….and given the massive killing, destruction and death, how much was lost waiting for future "treasure researchers" such as the old black bird adorned with new feathers?

Senor Don Jose……..your insight based upon your experiences of WWII shed considerable light into the mindset and behavior at the time, and this is critical to understand. What a tragic history the area has suffered……...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's value on current gold prices at a rough estimate 1.337 billion dollars, that was flown out to the United States via Alaska.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now getting back to that long forgotten question did anyone see the error on the map?

JapanWar.jpg

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello CC

Researching treasure legends is journey into history because only then if you have good understanding of history ya will understand some of these mysterious legends. And discovery of it being so is all part of the journey.

If ya look at the 1940 map of Japaneses territory it shows the philipines as part of the Japanese empire. It was not invaded until 1941. Also another error there was no north and South Korea until the armistice after the Korean war in 1952. Thus the map is poor historical map and thus indeed I give my apologies posting it.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no doubt some of this treasury of mandarins ended up in the United state and sold through the trading of gold. hell some your wife's could actually be wearing gold from the Chinese emperor in their wedding ring and don't know it?

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Crow for the long Chinese treasure account. Years ago I read about the nationalist government taking all the gold treasury to present day Taiwan but did not fully picture the whole treasure saga that spanned long time as you wonderfully put. The fact that tiny Taiwan became a relatively prosperous nation is definitely because of a head-start with the huge Chinese gold some believe. And wrongly Taiwan is portrayed as a success to follow for developing countries...That story of the gold taken to Taiwan irritates Chinese communists to this day as they inherited an empty treasury when Mao took power.

tintin treasure

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow, if possible throw us some light on Ghengis Khan treasure as well as The treasure of Ahmad Shah from Asia. Both claimed by many to be the biggest treasures in histroy...But if it is a classified info dont worry

tintin treasure

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small matter also Crow, but you map's distance scale is inverted. a crude trans is a Kilometer - 6/10 of a mile
so for broad useful interp.we simply multiply miles by .6 Course I am used to the Metric system

hi timtin, . it is buried in the Gobe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don amigo

My apologies It was a general reference map and its a pretty poor map indeed.

Crow

Midwest4

Sep 26, 2018
USA
Detector(s) used
intuition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In strange irony, if not for all the travelers to China over the past several hundred years of recent history, and their purchase of antiques that they squirreled away back home, China would have very little heritage saved (they nevuea rich of China have purchased back all these treasures at Sotheby's and Christy's auctions in England and Hong Kong over the past 20 years) other than for the recent significant archaeological discoveries being made (which are amazing!). China's cultural revolution promoted the destruction of all that was old and 'holding them back', the Chinese population destroyed all their temples, palaces, burned ancient texts and scroll paintings and calligraphy, Mao was just like Stalin, they fanned the flames of the uneducated and dejected and empowered them to overthrow the educated and cultured population. You'll even hear modern Chinese explain away the rude behavior of Chinese by saying 'well we had to start over from scratch in the 1970s because we exterminated all of our 'learned' class, and the peasants were all that were left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread