Your Favorite (and Most Accurate) Lost Treasure Book(s)!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
PS may I make a suggestion for a slight addition to the subtitle? I would add the term "SUCCESSFUL" right in between "mans" and "quest". It does make a difference, as there are few treasure books that tell a SUCCESS story like yours. Just a suggestion however.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SunRise.jpg

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Thank you to all those who've replied! I greatly appreciate it.

Oro-
No need for apologies my friend. I found its better to be busy than not! Either way, I'll definitely look into your suggestions! I hope all is well with you and Beth.

Señor Tropical Tramp-
I'll absolutely take an (autographed) copy as soon as it's complete!! I've been looking forward to that piece of literature since I first signed onto this site!! I hope all is well in "Tayopaville".

ConceptualizedNetherlands-
You're correct my friend. All 21 months of her is THE treasure. The only one I need at least. Any other treasure search is strictly for my "down" time (when my daughter is sleeping). Thank you for the reminder though!

As usual, all the best to all of you!
J.A.

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Oro-
I looked into the US Treasure Atlas series of books by Thomas P. Terry that you recommended....holy s$@t! Expensive!! I still haven't figured out why but of the books in the series, volume 7 is going for anywhere between $80-400!! I do plan on getting a few and slowly accumulating the entire series but it'll probably take some time if they're really going at that price. On some of the other volumes, I realized that some people/companies are selling them for around $40-80 and yet, in the same website, others are selling the exact same volume for $10-15! I've always wondered about gouging like that. Do some people just really hope that buyers like us end up being stupid??! It's a bit disconcerting if that is the case.

Either way, again, I do appreciate your recommendation!

As is the standard thought, I hope all is well with you and yours!

Thankfully-
Justin

P.S. I'm still expecting my (signed) copy of the book you've been working on (About Gen. Custer, is it not?)! Since you've barely been around this site in recent months, you'd better dang well have something to show for your absence!! JK [emoji38]

morglan

Greenie
Apr 19, 2011
Keep looking--I just picked up the entire 10 volume set in new condition for $90.

Oro-
I looked into the US Treasure Atlas series of books by Thomas P. Terry that you recommended....holy s$@t! Expensive!! I still haven't figured out why but of the books in the series, volume 7 is going for anywhere between $80-400!! I do plan on getting a few and slowly accumulating the entire series but it'll probably take some time if they're really going at that price. On some of the other volumes, I realized that some people/companies are selling them for around $40-80 and yet, in the same website, others are selling the exact same volume for $10-15! I've always wondered about gouging like that. Do some people just really hope that buyers like us end up being stupid??! It's a bit disconcerting if that is the case.

Thankfully-
Justin

P.S. I'm still expecting my (signed) copy of the book you've been working on (About Gen. Custer, is it not?)! Since you've barely been around this site in recent months, you'd better dang well have something to show for your absence!! JK [emoji38]

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Oro-

Thankfully-
Justin

I see that our amigo morglan has already posted what I was going to, but anyway they have a few sets on Amazon (the US Treasure Atlas series) at reasonable prices:
http://www.amazon.com/United-States...=1429378018&sr=1-1&keywords=US+Treasure+Atlas

That book by Sims Ely on the Lost Dutchman is also often very pricey because it has become sort of rare so I would recommend keeping your eye open for a deal.

It will be a while before this current project is ever finished, in part because the amount of source materials is astonishing. (Custer) If you were to include all the modern books the list runs into the hundreds of books, but I am trying to avoid the modern works as much as possible. I promise it will have some surprises for you, although probably will tick off some people too.

I hope all is well with you amigo, thanks and I hope you have a great weekend. Please do continue amigos, you have posted some great recommendations.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Morglan & Oro-
Thank you both for updating me! Apparently I didn't do enough research regarding the set. I will definitely look further into it.

Thank you again and all the best to both of you!
J.A.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread