Lisarez66

Dec 5, 2014
EastCoast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher
GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is rockymountains a hint? Is it in colorado, or new mexico?
What r u saying :coffee2:

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is rockymountains a hint? Is it in colorado, or new mexico?
What r u saying :coffee2:

My understanding is that the treasure is hidden north of Santa Fe. Forrest said it (the treasure) was hidden in the Rocky Mountains located above 5,000 feet but below 15,000 feet. The rocky mountains run the entire distance of the U.S. So the hidden treasure could be almost anywhere north of Santa Fe, NM.

rschneider3

Greenie
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding is that the treasure is hidden north of Santa Fe. Forrest said it (the treasure) was hidden in the Rocky Mountains located above 5,000 feet but below 15,000 feet. The rocky mountains run the entire distance of the U.S. So the hidden treasure could be almost anywhere north of Santa Fe, NM.

This does not help at all, I wonder why he even said that? The highest peaks are below 15,000 ft and the mountains start around 5,000 ft.

ikesdad

Jun 23, 2010
Colorado
Brown Palace Hotel

Hell, I've never even read the poem.
Some hunter will find it, like they find everything. Lost rifles, vehicles, dead people........

ikesdad

Jun 23, 2010
Colorado
Ok, I read it. Quite vague it is.
The "Brown" being capitalized, would not be a color but a proper name. "house of Brown" ......possibly a multi generational ranch owned by a family of that name.
There are way too many canyons, cataracts, & rapids in this area to really pin it down on that clue.
Same for hot springs, etc.
"Meek" could possibly refer to trilobite fossils and an area where other fossils have been found but not trilobites.
One would think that "Rocky Mountains" , to a resident of New Mexico, would mean Colorado yet that could be an implied red herring and it is actually in Wyoming, Idaho, or Montana.

The only thing even remotely resembling any of the clues in my neck of the woods is Brown's Park and the Gates of Ledore canyon with Dinosaur Natl Monument just next to it.

Too many wild geese here for me to try to chase.

Last edited:

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My biggest concern is that the treasure has been found and whoever found it has kept their mouth shut. (exactly what I would do also)

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest concern is that the treasure has been found and whoever found it has kept their mouth shut. (exactly what I would do also)

That is an open possibility in all treasure hunts...this riddle has fascinated me for almost a year and though I am one of those people who claimed to have solved the riddle last year summer , time and space have not been scynchronized for me to come to the US for boots on the ground..now with 50k people descending for the search,maybe someone might get it while we see from afar....

Tintin treasure

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude the book went on sale in 2012 for $35, demand has driven the price up. All profits going to charity, yea I get the idea.

Anything to add to the thread?

Ahh, yeah, I do.

Is there any, one scrap of proof, any proof whatsoever, other than his say-so, that he actually put the treasure out there? Or is this an elaborate hoax. (good natured of course)

Secondly, if I, or anyone else, has a good idea of where it may possibly be (I have my suspicions, if it's actually there) I am certainly not going to burt it out on a public forum.

How do you know that all profits go to charity. You see any IRS documents supporting that? People say the charity word all the time, and very little actually goes there.

...just sayin- believe what you wish, just as I will.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
For what it is worth, I found all 11 clues on line, you don't have to buy the book to get the clues.....

As far as writing the book for profit, I thought that was the purpose of writing books...

The 'extra' clues are in his book.

And as to profit- it's not why I wrote and published my book, so no, it's not always the purpose.

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is an open possibility in all treasure hunts...this riddle has fascinated me for almost a year and though I am one of those people who claimed to have solved the riddle last year summer , time and space have not been scynchronized for me to come to the US for boots on the ground..now with 50k people descending for the search,maybe someone might get it while we see from afar....

Tintin treasure

PM me your solve and if I like your ideas and go looking for it and if I find it, I'll split it with you.

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM me your solve and if I like your ideas and go looking for it and if I find it, I'll split it with you.

thanks Mike RB...some guys also made a similar offer to me offline in the past...but it is a bit difficult to collaborate from distance...but thanks anyway.I wish yu goodluck

tintin teasure

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"where warm waters halt" The Rio Grande is warm water and it stops at the Dam Near Santa Fe. That's the starting place.

It's also a clue to where he mentions not being able to paddle up it. You can't paddle up the river when there is a dam.
"Just heavy loads and water high" = Heavy loads of concrete to make the dam and the water is high.

"Put in Below Home of the brown" is the Rio Grande Cottonwood tree

Per Mr. Fenn:

"Many searchers have thought that warm waters halt at a dam because water being released through flues near the bottom of the dam is much colder than water on the surface of the lake. I have discussed around that subject with several people in the last few days and am concerned that not all searchers are aware of what has been said. So to level the playing field to give everyone an equal chance I will say now that WWWH is not related to any dam.” ff

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sod Buster, did you have to shoot my dream down? I was on a roll there lol

Sorry otrkid, I was thinking the same thing at one time. Sure seems like it could be the right place.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if Mr. Fenn knows if people are with in 200 feet of the supposed treasure site then wouldn't it stand to reason he would also know if his treasure was found and removed?

But maybe that is the whole point in this "treasure hunt" named by and for the man himself, the legend lives on, long after the man himself.

Follow the money.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if Mr. Fenn knows if people are with in 200 feet of the supposed treasure site then wouldn't it stand to reason he would also know if his treasure was found and removed?

But maybe that is the whole point in this "treasure hunt" named by and for the man himself, the legend lives on, long after the man himself.

Follow the money.

But in how many treasure legends or treasures found is the main character still alive? I almost think you have a better chance at recovering treasure that was found already and scooping up what was missed in the first go round if any and hopefully some.

Hayseed

Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anybody is looking for the book It is available new from Collected Works Bookstore in Santa Fe. They have a website so you can order online and the price is $35.00 plus shipping. Ebay and amazon prices are double that ! Hope this helps at least one person.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread