New Forrest Fenn Research Channel on Youtube

RahRah

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bigscoop - I'm enjoying the videos.....but, I wanted to say something about your last one, it's not "house" of Brown, it's "home" of Brown.....an important distinction.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bigscoop - I'm enjoying the videos.....but, I wanted to say something about your last one, it's not "house" of Brown, it's "home" of Brown.....an important distinction.

Correct, my bad! But I think the general thought/notion being pretty much the same, noun, verb, adjective, we just don't know how he might be applying these words? I also said "dictionary" when I should have also included "thesaurus". :icon_thumright:

Also, in the prior video I said that it had been "twenty years" since Fenn first thought of his plan, got corrected on that one as well in an email that it had been almost 30 years. But I was thinking of the difference between 1988 and 2010 when he actually hid his treasure. But in the context I presented it the emailer was correct, it has been closer to 30 years since he first conceived the idea. :thumbsup:

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...I see you have other videos other than that on TNet...Although I enjoy your videos, I see where you have said that the "First Stanza " to his poem is "Begin it where warm waters halt"...The actual "First Stanza" is "As I go alone in there..."...Why cut out the entire true 1st stanza? BC you think the poem starts at "WWWH"?...NE Way...I do think that people trying to research their solves will be better off researching in their own ways and not trying to look for shortcuts from others to come to conclusions.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...I see you have other videos other than that on TNet...Although I enjoy your videos, I see where you have said that the "First Stanza " to his poem is "Begin it where warm waters halt"...The actual "First Stanza" is "As I go alone in there..."...Why cut out the entire true 1st stanza? BC you think the poem starts at "WWWH"?...NE Way...I do think that people trying to research their solves will be better off researching in their own ways and not trying to look for shortcuts from others to come to conclusions.

Watch all of the videos.....I never said the true first stanza wasn't relevant, or that it isn't significant in determining where the actual, "adventure begins." I've only pointed out where I believe the actual "adventure" portion of the poem begins. Yes, "hint of riches new and old" is significant.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No...:laughing7:...just a theory as to possibly how and where. But who knows, at least it's modern treasure hunt with known origins to pass the winter months.

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, I like your thinking . . . Is that you narrating the videos? I believe you are correct with the area. This coincides with a clue from Fenn as to North of Santa Fe and West of Toledo.
Gates

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, I like your thinking . . . Is that you narrating the videos? I believe you are correct with the area. This coincides with a clue from Fenn as to North of Santa Fe and West of Toledo.
Gates

Yep, that's my aging voice. lol
Also, there are things I like about my solve but also a couple of things that, in my mind, remain in question. For one thing, if each clue is really required in order to get to the next then one could easily just start my solve at "put in below the home of Brown" and disregard the prior clues. And there is the nudge in Fenn's poem, never any certainty as to what those nine clues might really be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread