OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I have to admit that Post #1 was a bit tongue-in-cheek (and a cool photo), but below is an interesting and "genuine" land-based heart. I say genuine because it's a carved piece of limestone located in a richly-rumored "treasure area". I found it while bush-whacking in a quite remote spot. Of course, as you can see, I dug a hole beneath the heart - to no avail in undisturbed ground. Good exercise though. Later, it was determined that this heart's position occupied a precise and prominent place in a nice mapped-out geometric pattern (triangles within triangles) that used other found items in the neighborhood (rock carvings, ancient juniper stumps, cairns, etc). That particular puzzle remains unsolved.

There are millions of heart-shaped rocks out there. Bear in mind that nearly all of them are totally innocent occurrences because that shape seems to be a very common result of natural weathering and erosion. When you find one that's been helped, like this one, it's a red flag. Likewise, heart carvings.

Heart and 3.JPG

Heart and shovel 2.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread