The lost gold of Devils Tower

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I only hope that our celebration is not somewhat 'premature' - in that only a couple of really quite minor details stand in our way of success, that being the location and existence of the legendary cave, followed by the recovery of the masses of gold to be sold or bartered. Otherwise it looks like this ought to be a real hootenanny! ;D :D

I think it should be a black tie affair, formal gowns and tuxedos, which would be very appropriate attire for the country around Devil's Tower! ;D :D ::) :o ;D
Oroblanco

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang,
Oro, only if the black tie is worn ala hillbilly style.

hillbilly1.gif

I'll even bring my dawg " precious "

hillbillymut.jpg

Or would you rather I come more casual

HillbillyOveralls.jpg

Its your call kiddo ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLL

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Perhaps we should let the majority decide? That casual look sure seems like it would be comfortable, if I could find a set of overalls with a large enough belly-opening! ::) :o ;D :D

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
ROTFLOL... the overalls inspired me...
I think, all of you should ... (wait for it)...
Create a line of treasure hunting fashion attire. 'Gold Digger Duds'
Anybody? What could we create? A jacket with plenty of pockets for carrying enormous treasure. A custom cover for your metal detector. The overalls, could be the 'Be Lly Show Off.' with your favorite slogan just below where the cut off stops.
A line of cut off jeans to show off the best of knee's and on the rear end, studs with your favorite slogan, like 'Devil's Tower... All You Could Expect.," or "I Do To Know Where I'm Going!".
Custom knee-pads with rhinestones (If any of these show up I have first dibs)
Of course a line of hats with little picks and shovels, perhaps a few fool's gold nuggets for dazzle and show.
Here are my suggestions for t-shirts , 'How to go from Hero to Fool in 12 seconds?' 'Prospector Parade?' 'Belly Bluejeans', 'Hang Out Digger Denims'...
'Dude or 'Dudette Rock Fashion' or 'All I Got Was a T-Shirt, Does Anyone Have Another Map?' Or more technical... 'I Sweer Ossifer... I din't know it was gover'ment land.' Another good t-shirt, 'I Know Where The Lost Dutchman Mine Is' on the back... "Its In Arizona."
Citizens will be flocking to you (well then.. past you, but think of the prestige. That one I'm going get printed up this week.
Another one to make you popular... 'The Devil is... (on the back) Hording the Gold', or 'TNet Members Do It Better', (on the back) 'They Don't Even Need a Map' or 'Map Shmap, I Got Yer' Map Right Here' (subject to interpretation), or "If Lost Please Return Me To My Goldmine'.
Another... "Beale Did Know What He Was Doing' (on the back...) "But Only Beale Knew It.' (ok. that one was just so... so}

Hey, we could have a fashion show at the get together at Apache Junction in Oct.
Janiece

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Janiece you may well have a winning idea there, seriously - I am pretty sure the items you suggest would sell among the treasure hunting and prospecting crowd; maybe not the largest market out there but (almost) a sure bet.
Oroblanco

white dove

Apr 16, 2007
Tennessee
Oroblanco said:
Don Jose', Dueno de Real e Minas de Tayopa wrote:
So what are you going to do about it?

Unfortunately, at the moment - nothing but dream. I have a few deadlines to meet and promises to keep, BUT am keeping my hopes for the future. I have never seen an underground lake (in person) but have seen an underground waterfall, exploring caves is not something I am 'expert' in but it is FUN and I would love to go a-hunting for that lake with the gold. Heck I went looking for a similar type of 'lake of gold' right near the Nevada/CA border years ago, and had a great time (though unfortunately the cave entrance had been blasted shut) and you really never know....... ;D :wink:

In the meantime, as it is not that far to Devil's Tower from here, if I can get ahead of things I might go up and do a little poking around there. If I should locate a cave with a lake of gold under Devil's Tower, I will be sending you airline tickets along with a personal invitation amigo!

Good luck and good hunting Jose' and everyone, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Oroblanco

Howdy oro, my good buddy, new friend, pal... :wink:

You said that you never seen an underground lake? what about an underground sea?

Ever heard of the lost sea?

well, if perchance you and Mrs. oro, ever make it out this way to Tennessee ( or any other TN hunter from here ) and you got some time on your hand then look me up and i can take you about 60 miles from where i live to an underground sea. A huge cave system that has not all been explored. heck they even found a large dino bones from inside this cave. It is called the lost sea, and yes, like most things it is part of a park, but you can overnight camp inside the cave, and also take a 1 hour tour. in the tour you get to get on a glass boat and ride out on the water inside the cave. they put fish in there and you can even help feed the fish, oh and just for a little tip, do not get too scared of those cute little fish, they only jump inside your boat to say hi! lol. but it is really a neat cave. been there many times and each time i go there is almost always new tunnels they have discovered and take you on tours of it. also there are several rocks and gems they have found inside this cave.

for more info, just click on these links

photos of the lost sea

http://travel.webshots.com/album/

the official website of the lost sea

http://www.thelostsea.com/

directions to the lost sea.

http://www.tnvacation.com/vendors/the_lost_sea/

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro:If you decide to do a little digging around the tower,there is a large town full of willing helpers just south of the road on the way up.The good news is that they will work for peanuts--the bad news is that they all have fleas. ;D
Regards:SH.

Attachments

• Prairie-Dogs.jpg
    Prairie-Dogs.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 727

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense

Attachments

• Prairie Dog - Devil\'s Tower 1.JPG
    Prairie Dog - Devil\'s Tower 1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 669
    70.5 KB · Views: 666
  • Prairie Dog - Devil\'s Tower 2.JPG
    Prairie Dog - Devil\'s Tower 2.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 682
    70.5 KB · Views: 691
  • Prairie Dog - Devil\'s Tower 4.JPG
    Prairie Dog - Devil\'s Tower 4.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 693

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used

Attachments

• Devil\'s Tower 5.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 5.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 676
  • Devil\'s Tower 4.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 4.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 663
  • Devil\'s Tower 3.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 3.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 662
  • Devil\'s Tower 2.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 2.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 678

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used

Attachments

• Devil\'s Tower 6.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 6.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 659
  • Devil\'s Tower 7.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 7.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 639
  • Devil\'s Tower 8.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 8.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 629
  • Devil\'s Tower 9.JPG
    Devil\'s Tower 9.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 631

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thank you for the invite White Dove, sounds like a rather enchanting place! I hope to be able to take you up on your offer some day.

Nice photos amigos, Devil's Tower is quite photogenic, and those little helpers are always available......
Oroblanco

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
somehiker said:
Oro:If you decide to do a little digging around the tower,there is a large town full of willing helpers just south of the road on the way up.The good news is that they will work for peanuts--the bad news is that they all have fleas. ;D
Regards:SH.

due to the economy, and the rise in gold prices, these "helpers" have taken a whole
new approach to treasure hunters seeking Devils Tower gold.

Attachments

• devils tower gold guard.jpg
    devils tower gold guard.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 633

mdavis3238

Greenie
Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose', Dueno de Real e Minas de Tayopa wrote:

Unfortunately, at the moment - nothing but dream. I have a few deadlines to meet and promises to keep, BUT am keeping my hopes for the future. I have never seen an underground lake (in person) but have seen an underground waterfall, exploring caves is not something I am 'expert' in but it is FUN and I would love to go a-hunting for that lake with the gold. Heck I went looking for a similar type of 'lake of gold' right near the Nevada/CA border years ago, and had a great time (though unfortunately the cave entrance had been blasted shut) and you really never know....... ;D :wink:

In the meantime, as it is not that far to Devil's Tower from here, if I can get ahead of things I might go up and do a little poking around there. If I should locate a cave with a lake of gold under Devil's Tower, I will be sending you airline tickets along with a personal invitation amigo!

Good luck and good hunting Jose' and everyone, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Oroblanco

Easy. Just take an inferred camera.. if it a cave enterance would pick up cold spots thru the rock lining the base of the tower... then DIG...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions