Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Thanks Cptbil, and Stevesno.

I would enjoy the change of pace. It is wonderful country. I'm sure you guy will like it too.
Feel free to email anytime you want .

OD

I might take you up on that offer as well sometime. Just getting out in nature and seeing new "wonders" is a treasure sometimes. If I can combine my enjoyment of metal detecting/treasure hunting with it, so much the better!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:) Well!
Is anyone up for a trip (anywhere), this coming, '08, spring ?
"Doc" and I, will be "videoing" the trip(s) as we cover the country!
He and I, both have "media" contacts and maybe the videos will end up on National TV ??? ::)

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you all ever make the trip to look for the dimes and quarters? Updates would be great! :hello2:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me - it's crazy how quickly 3 years have gone by :(

Captn_Frog

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2006
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all,
I have been researching this legend and will be happy to report my findings shortly. In order to wrap up my findings however, I am looking for a bit more about the so called "Wagons and coins" already found. If anyone has additional info willing to share on this aspect, it would be appreciate. Needed to complete my investigation work.

Kind regards and happy hunting,

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Greetings all,
I have been researching this legend and will be happy to report my findings shortly. In order to wrap up my findings however, I am looking for a bit more about the so called "Wagons and coins" already found. If anyone has additional info willing to share on this aspect, it would be appreciate. Needed to complete my investigation work.

Kind regards and happy hunting,
Time to use a DRONE!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hell, this conversation has my mouth watering and my detector beeping...gotta sit down. Reminds me of going to a river pirate's cave along the Ohio River, just north of the Tenn border. Has a history going way back pre 1800s of pirates capturing boats heading down the Ohio, killing the boat's occupants and filling their body cavities with rocks and sinking them to the bottom of the Ohio. here must be loot hidden everywhere!!! Went to the cave, hunted the floor and walls of the cave and came away with a quarter. But had the time of my life and fulfilled a 20-year dream of detecting the cave. WOW

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conversation is almost 10 years old……..and I would guess if it were found, not much would be said……….

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard about some guys fly fishing that found some dimes down there. They took them in to a shop in Delta and showed a guy there. They didn't know the story apparently.
The section the wagon went off isn't like the actual canyon. The areas down past the canyon are private property and ranches mostly. It's a nice paved road the entire way.
I had the notion that renegade Utes killed everyone, stole the horses and drove the wagons into the river out of spite. There were big problems here at that time and they did things like that to govt property for fun.
I drive that road during the summer and think about those dimes every time! It may be worth knocking on some doors!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1905-D Dimes ? (not 1907-D) :dontknow:

too Close for Coincidence ? But a year (or 2) Earlier ?
article 09 Jan. 1906. but says occurred weeks before.

Albuquerque morning journal. (Albuquerque, N.M.), 09 Jan. 1906.

0000.jpg
0002.jpg
0004.jpg

I'll continue my search for More details on this

Albuquerque morning journal. (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1903-1926, January 09, 1906, Page PAGE SEVEN, Image 7 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread