The Manti collection

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
It's difficult to get too excited about these Utah artifacts that are used to 'prove' Mormonism. These guys have been caught so many time forging and hoaxing the evidence that if one of these discoveries really was genuine, you'd be apt to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Given the history of Mormons through time in our area I would agree with Springfield.

Any finds of any significant value, historically or otherwise are so in doubt as to get no coverage in the news or otherwise. Even their own science people are staying away from this stuff.

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah
The LDS church will lock stuff in their archives and it never sees the light of day again, no matter what. Especially if it goes against their view of things.

Been there, done that, still shaking my head and asking WHY.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's still History, if there is a cover up or fabrication of evidence to bias the Mormon faith one way or the other, that's just part of the story. You have to approach it like a detective, and sift out the data.......Then, after all, the Mormon's were a significant component of Utah and Deseret History.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Cleetus said:
It's still History, if there is a cover up or fabrication of evidence to bias the Mormon faith one way or the other, that's just part of the story. You have to approach it like a detective, and sift out the data.......Then, after all, the Mormon's were a significant component of Utah and Deseret History.

When you're done sifting, there's not much, if anything, left in the sifter. Sure, the mormons are prominent in Utah. The easter bunny is prominent in the spring too, but that doesn't mean he hid those eggs for the kiddies to find.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said:
Cleetus said:

When you're done sifting, there's not much, if anything, left in the sifter. Sure, the mormons are prominent in Utah. The easter bunny is prominent in the spring too, but that doesn't mean he hid those eggs for the kiddies to find.

come on steve , don't ya know what the big selling point is here . back in the day they lined up to join in on the fun . :laughing9:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
kanabite said:
come on steve , don't ya know what the big selling point is here . back in the day they lined up to join in on the fun . :laughing9:

Why ... yes, yes ... I'm beginning to see the light ... I think I may be saved ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread