000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg

Ddiamond Digger

Oct 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all I hope someone finds and salvage these ships... just do not tell anyone... You have seen what happened to the last lot who brought up 500 mil of gold and silver the Spanish Gov stole it from them.
Secondly before you attempt to dive the coast off Africa.... beware it is not called Cape of Storms for nothing, heavy seas 5M+ swells can come out of nowhere in a flash. VERY dangerous
Very good luck to whomever take the recovery on!
DD

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting to note just recently hundreds of Krugar Rands have been released from a trove in a Swiss bank vault.

South African Mint releases the Krugerrand 'Lost Hoard' - The South African Mint Company. Centurion, South Africa: A rare, intriguing trove of South African gold coins discovered in a Swiss vault has been released by the South African Mint, a wholly owned subsidiary of the South African Reserve Bank.

So it appears Paul Kruger died in the small village of Clarens in Switzerland on 14 July 1904 at the age of 78 after spending a considerable amount of time in the Netherlands. According to the South African Mint, a subsidiary of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), the sack full of Kruger ponds was transported from the Netherlands to Switzerland shortly before the start of the Second World War. The treasure remained in a vault until it was recently sold to the mint at auction.

The mint are now offering Two limited-edition sets are available to purchase and interested customers are encouraged to contact the Mint’s retail store, Coin World, directly. Depending on the condition and year of the coin, the value of a single Double Shaft Kruger Pond in this “Lost Hoard” collection ranges from R14,500 to R250,000

1893–1900 Lost Hoard Kruger half-pond with a 2019 1/10 oz gold privy-mark proof Krugerrand (233 units available)
1893–1900 Lost Hoard Kruger full pond and a 2019 ¼ oz gold privy-mark proof Krugerrand (677 units available)

Crow

Ddiamond Digger

Oct 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow as I was saying he did not bury it lol It was his retirement fund....
So looks like it was found in Switzerland as expected.
DD

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Sounds to me like someone wanted to preserve his or her or their family's wealth when they saw the storm clouds of World War II brewing.

I posted this a few years ago - I am posting it again due to the current interest in the story.

Kruger's Millions - Map.jpeg

From The Seven Lost Trails of Africa; A Record of Sundry Expeditions, New and Old, in Search of Buried Treasure, by Hedley A. Chilvers (London, etc.: 1930) - This classic work has an excellent chapter on the subject.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread