Has the Lost Adams Diggings been found ???

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: Has the Lost Adam's Diggings been found ???

HOLA mi amigo Real de Tayopa,

Real de Tayopa wrote:
What would you do ORO?

That is a difficult question amigo. Trying to do things 'the legal way' is generally the hardest way but in the long run is worth it, IMHO. I would suggest a certain type of legal action, which may or may not work under Mexican laws but I suspect they have a similar law. I think you probably already know what I am talking about, if not let me know and I will tell you by PM - I would rather not just put it out in public.

Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

HOLA mi amigo,

I am sending you the info via PM. Actually I posted it here and then noticed that I was not writing a PM, so removed it - sorry amigos but this little tidbit is one I don't share freely. :'(
Oroblanco

Zeitgeist_Xero

Jun 5, 2006

The Ron Jensen article/link posted states claims that he is now known as a prominent person in the new field of " Forensic Archaeological Research" - yet, a search on the net only brings up his web site... If you search "ron jensen" and Forensic Archaeological Research together - you only get his web site. I've studied archaeology enough in college at ENMU - to know that the guy, if truly recognized - should show up somewhere. The story he gives on the website is this... hey, I found an area that looks like that which Adams talks about. There is nothing else to it, as Ron Jensen never made it to the canyon; at the time of the article. As others pointeed out - there are likely several spots that others have found - which fit the general description. I think his article is utter hoax, including the part about the military officer records - largely on the fact that Ron Jensen isn't known prominently as a "Forensic Archaeological Research" person himself. In fact, the standards Ron utilizes in his magazine articles, and on the website - show no qualitative methods that a recognized expert would utilize, nor does he go 'in depth' concerning his 'Forensic Archaeological' process, other than stating that one of the LAD books he read tipped him off.

It's nice to read an exciting tale... but I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter would have something to do with the Cult of Cthullu.

Have you ever been to Oro's site - that's much more scholarly - and as far as I know, Oro is not even a Professor or Doctor. The comparison between Ron Jensen's site and Oro's is enought to turn me off. That's just one example.

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico

Zeitgeist_Xero said:
The Ron Jensen article/link posted states claims that he is now known as a prominent person in the new field of " Forensic Archaeological Research" - yet, a search on the net only brings up his web site... If you search "ron jensen" and Forensic Archaeological Research together - you only get his web site. I've studied archaeology enough in college at ENMU - to know that the guy, if truly recognized - should show up somewhere. The story he gives on the website is this... hey, I found an area that looks like that which Adams talks about. There is nothing else to it, as Ron Jensen never made it to the canyon; at the time of the article. As others pointeed out - there are likely several spots that others have found - which fit the general description. I think his article is utter hoax, including the part about the military officer records - largely on the fact that Ron Jensen isn't known prominently as a "Forensic Archaeological Research" person himself. In fact, the standards Ron utilizes in his magazine articles, and on the website - show no qualitative methods that a recognized expert would utilize, nor does he go 'in depth' concerning his 'Forensic Archaeological' process, other than stating that one of the LAD books he read tipped him off.

It's nice to read an exciting tale... but I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter would have something to do with the Cult of Cthullu.

Have you ever been to Oro's site - that's much more scholarly - and as far as I know, Oro is not even a Professor or Doctor. The comparison between Ron Jensen's site and Oro's is enought to turn me off. That's just one example.

I haven't read any recent works by Ron Jensen since Canyon of Gold [also about having located the Adams] or some such thing published in the early 1990s. Maybe he's doing more serious research these days. For that one he appears to have lifted his entire bibliography from Frank Dobie's Apache Gold and Yaqui Silver. Backtracking his footnotes to the documents he refers to a person's quick to discover the referenced documents do nothing to support his text tagged by the footnotes.

Hope he's doing better these days.

Jack

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Two thoughts on the original post regarding Mr. Jensen's research.

His website states that "debunking" treasure legends had never been done before. This simply is not true. If he'd read much by Karl von Mueller he would not make such a statement. I wrote several articles for treasure hunting magazines back in the day presenting documentary evidence that some famous treasure wrecks - the Brother Jonathan, the Yankee Blade, the Rio - were not.

Two, to the best of my knowledge, Paul Adams was the first person to obtain and publish Dr. D.B. Sturgeon's military records back in '74 ("New Research Revealed on The Lost Adams Diggings" Treasure Search Magazine, February 1974). This article is included in the brief bibliography of the reprint edition of W.H. Byerts' pamphlet Gold; The Adams Gold Diggings (San Francisco, CA: 1988). I suggest Mr. Jensen is far more likely to have found a copy of the reprint than of the original.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010

There may be a Mr. Jenkins, but seriously, this is either an elaberate hoax by someone who spent his and a lot of other people's valuable time chasing something that didn't exist, or did and he just could not depunk or prove anything. Still, no gold, nothing on the Internet or elsewhere from this person that proves anything whatsoever, nothing. The other issue is, even if he did find this, the news or the government would have had to report this and there's nothing about the author in the science he claims to have pionneered which to me proves that this is nothing more than a big huge hoax. If it were true, McCenna would have already taken the gold out of the area and the other area where the gold was before the two haystack mountains. Yeah, this was a big waste of my time reading. Sorry, IMO there's just no proof by Mr. Jenkins nor has he been heard of since as far as I can find. Sompnsmellfunkyhere!!!! >: ()~ pheeewwwww

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

WELCOME to Treasurenet Filemaker01! :thumbsup:

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010

I know where the Lost Adams is, and I do believe Ron Jensen found the Lost Adams but he hasn't been seen nor heard from since 2008 when he made his website. If he is around, he doesn't want anyone knowing or whatever. He filed over three hundred claims in the same spot but they all expired for no reason if the gold was there. There was also a military academy that was located nearby. The map that Adams drew is a perfect map for the canyon found by myself and I am sure Ron Jensen. Anyone hearing from him, or know how to contact Ron Jensen please have him email me as there is now a missing person report filed and law enforcement is trying to locate him as well, or the entire thing is a hoax by Ron and I am sorry to report. The area is supposed to be an ancient Apache Chief only burial ground and is very sacred above the waterfall mentioned by Adams where the huge gold veins were. A huge earthquake has knocked down a large area of the canyon but the area where the gold is located is still there as well as the haystack hills and all. There is also a good reason why the nugget Adams found was called the Goose egg nugget and I can prove this when I expose the area. I am official the first legally to find it and reported the area to the governor and sheriff who looked for Mr. Jensen. Please understand the area should belong to everyone and most of the gold is gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread