Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just typed that number in Ebay search and came up with nothing.....like the LUE treasure!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Blackbart,

I don't think you have to worry about the folks you see here.
These are good honest folks.
The ones you worry about are the creepers who just lurk
and let real treasure hunters do the work. Try PMing and Email with some of the fellows in the above posts. They are all of sound character.

OD

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Old Dog,
Don't be so naive. There are people on this forum that you want nothing to do with. One just posted here that you want to stay away from. He sold a newsletter subscription to people, sent out 2 issues, folded, and never bothered to refund anyone. 10 yrs later he's still hanging around the boards like everything's ok.
Boattow

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
boattow said:
Old Dog,
Don't be so naive. There are people on this forum that you want nothing to do with. One just posted here that you want to stay away from. He sold a newsletter subscription to people, sent out 2 issues, folded, and never bothered to refund anyone. 10 yrs later he's still hanging around the boards like everything's ok.
Boattow

Thanks,
Good to Know
I have seen a lot since I made that post.
I agree with you.

there are some clinkers
Thom

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
CJ,
Regarding 'lost mine/hidden treasure' stories in general, you first need to ask a question: am I interested in this tale because I seriously wish to search for it, or am I interested because this genre is a hobby and this tale will be fun to discuss with others? In other words, are you planning on being an armchair researcher or a boots on the ground searcher? The hobbiest's commitment carries minimal risk of resouces, but the serious searcher will find his commitment at least doubled when you consider the amount of time and money spent in the hills, not to mention the strain on his personal relationships with friends and family that he might suffer.

Now, the legends in general. What is the provenance of the stories? Did the people involved actually exist? Did the alleged events possibly occur? This is the bare minimum starting point for research into the tales. The dillegence applied here will likely weed out a vast majority of the stories you hear because you will not be able to verify that the events or people were real in the past. That said, many of the legends do have at least a chance of being rooted in reality because you can verify the existance of the players through various channels - census records, legal filings, tombstones, verified interviews, etc., and there is some documentation of the events - newspaper stories, law enforcement/military reports, personal memoirs from people of known integrity, etc.

That said, it's obvious that some of the better known legends offer plenty of information to the curious - books, magazines, newsletters, websites, etc. Most of these sources have simply built on the information that preceded, which of course lowers their reliability, but if you go back far enough to the earliest sources, you'll probably be dealing with accounts that were near contemporary to the people and events that spawned the legend in the first place. The closer you can get to the original players, the better - obviously everything that followed is hearsay and may as well be discarded, or at best back-burnered.

Now, the big question for those who have researched their way 'almost' back to the source: why would you expect that you would be able to find proprietary information that would allow you to find the lost/hidden loot that is alleged to exist? Do you really feel that anyone possessing such knowledge would release it to someone else who would in turn make it available to one and all? The short answer is that no matter how well you've tracked the legend, you cannot know the secret to its solution. It's pure human nature - people who have these kinds of secrets hold back and obfuscate - north becomes west, 2 miles becomes 5 miles, X creek becomes Y creek, etc. If there is any truth to the tale to begin with, this is why the loot is still lost (or was already quietly recovered in another location than where people are looking).

That's what a 'cover story' is. If you have cached a large amount of valuables in a certain vicinity, a dynamite way to help keep it secure is to release a story that sends people into the next canyon where they keep busy for years until they give up. When someone else starts the search anew, they check the 'source material' and continue the snipe hunt in the wrong place. Simple. The same goes for all the 'Spanish' or 'Jesuit' carvings that people find all over the place. They are easy enough to find all right, but you can spend years chasing from one to another in various circles with nothing to show for your efforts. Oh, there are experts on this website and others who claim to know how to interpret the carvings, but their claims are merely wishful thinking and a way of attracting attention. Caveat emptor. My beliefs in this area are not well received by the faithful.

The LUE. Well, IMHO this legend probably refers to something of importance, possibly in the Purgatoire headwaters country. I suspect the map, the stories from KVM, etc. are not what they appear to be. This can also be said for a number of other mysterious 'lost mine/hidden treasure' legends around the southwest, IMHO - the 'Treasure Mountain' tale is another in your area. As far as the LUE is concerned, the publications referenced earlier are well worthwhile. If you have trouble locating them, pm me. We are getting into the real heart/soul area of treasure hunting here. Most, if not all of the legends are engineered cover stories, IMHO, created as part of a rather widespread conspiracy of powerful players with incredible skills. I suspect none of the caches are lost but still controlled by their owners. 'Who?' and 'Why?' are the real targets.

These are my opinions only - your results may vary.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I doubt this story. 100 tons is an enormous amount of something to simply hide. So the Nazi's hid this in America before we entered WWII? How many trucks would it take to carry 100 tons? The logistics of moving and hiding 100 tons is incredible. There would be a team of people and equipment. It's difficult to keep anything from a team a secret.

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, whatā€™s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gladyce Miller passed away. Doubt the family would want to be pestered by folks trying to call the sage of segundo a fraud. I don't have addresses for the family members but I know where they are located. exanimo.

As it should be. They need no one referring KVM in such a context.

Personally I believe the LUE to be true. Those who doubt it don't know how to read it and to make an assumption on heresy is wrong. You only have to understand what the map it telling you.

Have a nice day

LUE-Hawn

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... Personally I believe the LUE to be true. Those who doubt it don't know how to read it and to make an assumption on heresy is wrong. You only have to understand what the map it telling you.

Have a nice day

LUE-Hawn

LH, some questions for you:

For whom was the LUE map drawn? Why was it drawn as a graphic puzzle? How did it come to appear in the public domain? Why was the alleged treasure hidden by the Spanish beyond the Northern Frontier and not brought back to Mexico? Why does the alleged treasure remain hidden and not yet recovered?

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their is some very old imformation somewhere on the internet,that says the LUE maps,and I have seen 2, may be related to the Knights Templer/Mormans/Masons.Infact I have observed some similar drawings in Mason Bibles,and also on the covers of childrens books. Also it is a possible the Treasure could be in Utah,on a Indian reservation,{UTE}
with other treasures like Aztec,located in a Hughe cavern.The maps I have seen make me believe only a master Mason could have drawn them.Their was a Morman who was a Top master mason.Non proven,just theories.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe 2nd LUE type/ map drawing ? 20180627_201906.jpg CH]

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motel,
The lawyer who defended Joesph Smith at his trial shortly before death, and was Brigham Young's lawyer; Col. Donnifan was a Mason who served under Kearney in New Mexico and Mexico with a regiment of 1500 volunteers from Missouri who carried with them a charter as a traveling Lodge from Indiana(or maybe it was Illinois). I have the details, name and #, , just not in my head.
As volunteers, they received "not one dollar" for their year of warring through New Mexico and Mexico.
Smith was a Mason. Young was also, based on a "baffomet" pin on his jacket in a photo and his relationship with Donnifan.
The Mormon temple in SLC is replet with masonic symbols
Young established mormon "colonies in Mexico, Arizona, but not New Mexico or Colorado.

WH

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOPE, purely Masonic; Square & Compass on Holy Book, 3 different types of Columns mentioned in Entered Apprentice Degree (1st), Square, Level of STONEMASON, TOO many other "tools" of the Craft. Heh!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Motel,
The lawyer who defended Joesph Smith at his trial shortly before death, and was Brigham Young's lawyer; Col. Donnifan was a Mason who served under Kearney in New Mexico and Mexico with a regiment of 1500 volunteers from Missouri who carried with them a charter as a traveling Lodge from Indiana(or maybe it was Illinois). I have the details, name and #, , just not in my head.
As volunteers, they received "not one dollar" for their year of warring through New Mexico and Mexico.
Smith was a Mason. Young was also, based on a "baffomet" pin on his jacket in a photo and his relationship with Donnifan.
The Mormon temple in SLC is replet with masonic symbols
Young established mormon "colonies in Mexico, Arizona, but not New Mexico or Colorado.

WH
CORRECT!

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, whatā€™s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Its there you only have to use common sense.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How is chapter 53 of The Scarlett Shadow connected to TOTVOS or LUE ?

Did KVM explain why he included it in his publication ?
If the Hurt tale is true - why would Von Mueller think the treasure was still there 50 years later if the character Shoforth (based on real-life reporter Shauf) really did discover gold in the canyon cave ?

If the story isn't literally true but is Pershur/pesher/whatever code meant to clue the reader (and KVM) that treasure exists in the canyon or wherever... then what was Hurt's reason for doing this in the first place ? Why give away the secret ? It doesn't add up.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How is chapter 53 of The Scarlett Shadow connected to TOTVOS or LUE ?

Did KVM explain why he included it in his publication ?
If the Hurt tale is true - why would Von Mueller think the treasure was still there 50 years later if the character Shoforth (based on real-life reporter Shauf) really did discover gold in the canyon cave ?

If the story isn't literally true but is Pershur/pesher/whatever code meant to clue the reader (and KVM) that treasure exists in the canyon or wherever... then what was Hurt's reason for doing this in the first place ? Why give away the secret ? It doesn't add up.
LIII.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions