cuts like a knife

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
hmmm 6000 british/hessian prisoners of war during 1777 marched past this site. all of them were hiding their plunder here . if they were caught with it they would have been hung for their war crimes. plunder hidden between saratoga ny and easthampton mass. four large caches hidden during the revolutionary war are presumed to be here. seeing that general burgoyne had buried payroll inside flooded caves during the revolution and his being here at my site makes me believe the artifacts i see are related to him. more to it ,but that i wont talk about.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear kiddrock33;
That someone may have, or may not have, buried a trove in 1777 is irrelevant to the hunt, my friend. The daggers which you've photographed were not in existence until some 70 odd years later, therefore the renderings in questiondo not match the mid to late 1700s time frame.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
KR33,
You asked if anyone else had a carving of a sword or dagger to post. I'm curious what you want to gain from that? It doesn't matter what side cuts or whether it is a sword, knife, dagger, etc. I have a KGC tree carving of a sword. I know what it was saying and it is completely unrelated to yours. There are a certain few symbols that are carried over from one site to another that mean the same thing as can be found in treasure sign books, however most are specific to a site and only have meaning in the context in which they are used. Yours might be pointing a direction or giving a bearing. Mine was telling where to go for the next carving in a very indirect manner. In otherwords, a few other carvings and a buried marker were used with it to determine what it was saying and what you were to do.
Good luck,
Big Hoss

Attachments

• Sword.jpg
    Sword.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 831
OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i believe daggers carved into rock are very rare. if anyone can show me others i would like to see them. i believe one daggeer i have , might be 1900's. heres the problem with so many differant carvings it is very difficult to know when these were cut. which ones were cut ,near same time period. etc etc. i have tree carvings here too. one says KILT DEED.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Very interesting ;D Maybe our cutting devices are more similar than I thought :thumbsup: The marker referred to by the carvings, including the sword, was also comprised of 2 cutting devices.

JinYin_Thew

Feb 13, 2010
Hoss KGC said:
KR33,
You asked if anyone else had a carving of a sword or dagger to post. I'm curious what you want to gain from that? It doesn't matter what side cuts or whether it is a sword, knife, dagger, etc. I have a KGC tree carving of a sword. I know what it was saying and it is completely unrelated to yours. There are a certain few symbols that are carried over from one site to another that mean the same thing as can be found in treasure sign books, however most are specific to a site and only have meaning in the context in which they are used. Yours might be pointing a direction or giving a bearing. Mine was telling where to go for the next carving in a very indirect manner. In otherwords, a few other carvings and a buried marker were used with it to determine what it was saying and what you were to do.
Good luck,
Boattow

Nice carving pic .. did you know for info about this carving ? like to know :)

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lamar said:
Dear Rangler;
Since you insist on giving me the lofty title of Padre I therefore expect, nay, I DEMAND that you show the proper respect that my office deserves. It would therefore behoove to you to start showing me the proper respect, which is to include blessing yourself in a proper manner before addressing me, genuflecting in the prescribed manner and maintaining an air of silent vigilance until called upon. Whilst maintaining your silent vigilance, with a very heavy emphasis on the word SILENT, you may use that time constructively by reviewing your past indiscretions and thinking of ways in which to redeem yourself and provide better service to mankind for the remainder of your time on Earth.

Pax vobiscum;
LAMAR

No one genuflects in the presence of a Padre. That honor is reserved for The Holy Spirit alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread