Pig and Directional Arrow?

aerogent

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2009
Hi,

I'm a newbie and would appreciate any help you can provide. This jumble of rocks appears to have been deliberately placed this way. The rocks are too large to have been placed by one person. There appears to be a pig or bobcat on the upper right (I didn't know enough to check if the eyes were open or closed but will next time I go out). The keyhole on the right appears to be a directional marker? There also appears to be a vertical cut below the pig's ear with a series of triangular notches cut into the right side. What is this formation telling me?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Rock Marker.JPG
    Rock Marker.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 805

Lahoop

Jan 11, 2005
I find a hyena and a wild boar do you see them ?
hyena is the upper stone and wild boar is lying on the land if it is true analysis

OP
OP
A

aerogent

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2009
I didn't see that before but you're right, there does appear to be another head there on the land, a wild boar or horse?

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
This is a great monument and eye looking at the burial place of a treasure. I have seen eyes like this before and this one was hand fitted together so that there is know doubt this was fabricated by man. Very nice you are very close.

Minetes

OP
OP
A

aerogent

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2009
Thank you very much for the replies. As I said, I just started researching treasure signs and symbols very recently. I have to say that the research and trekking are very exciting! I'm going to poke around here some more. I will let you know what I find. This site is awesome!

OP
OP
A

aerogent

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2009
I haven't been back out to this site but I found a couple more pictures. The first could be natural but looks a lot like a tepee symbol for an indian camp. This site is in fact near an old indian campground. The second is a pointed rock inside the hoyo that points to some rocks and trees. There are no other trees growing like this in the area. I hope to make it back out this weekend to take more pictures. I'd appreciate any comments on these.

Attachments

• hoyo.jpg
    hoyo.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 619
  • tepee.JPG
    tepee.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 615

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Your first pic is a directional pointer.
The two notches are confirming

The second shows a set of pointers, one may be a false one taking you into egypt,
The other may be a true directional.
Nice picture.
you should try lining up the pointer a little better.
This will save you a bunch of extra footwork.

Note.
The Spanish used to plant groves of trees to mark places where a spring or other water source was shallow and easy to reach by digging at certain times of year.

Attachments

• indexCAVSDUD3.jpg
    indexCAVSDUD3.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 593
  • indexCA5R9ZP1.jpg
    indexCA5R9ZP1.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 610

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey OD, I think this is the "teepee" type symbol he was looking at. I don't know what it is but to me it certainly looks carved. Especially where the 2 lines come together and intersect.

What you think?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 563

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
CanadianTrout said:
Hey OD, I think this is the "teepee" type symbol he was looking at. I don't know what it is but to me it certainly looks carved. Especially where the 2 lines come together and intersect.

What you think?

After looking close ...
I think the white line is a natural vein type inclusion in the stone.
it is broken by a fracture line and refused. not carved.

Thom

Attachments

• indexCAEDOG8S.jpg
    indexCAEDOG8S.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 458
OP
OP
A

aerogent

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2009
Thanks guys. I'm heading back out there today and will take some more pictures if I find anything.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Looking through the eye I can see the faint shape of a carved heart on the large rock behind the tree. There is also a rock there shaped like the head of an animal. The way the rocks are set around the front and the tree is planted in the middle I believe you have or had a treasure burial right there. I'm basing this on what I have found before. The Heart means gold it could be under the big rock or right under the tree. The spanish and some others some times planted trees over a burial. I would clear some of the branches away to get a better look and bring a two box detector to go over the site. You may have some digging to do here, be careful about digging under the rock it could come down on you. If you do dig there I would bring some 4x4's for bracing under the big one.

Minetres

OP
OP
A

aerogent

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2009
I went out yesterday and took some more pictures. The pictures I posted earlier were from last summer and the hills are green now. I found some rocks of interest but was disappointed that I didn't find any carvings. A couple of the rock formations look like doorways. I did find two circular depressions very close to the rock formation where it was obvious that someone had dug a long while ago. They are about ten feet in radius. One of them is filled with rocks and looks like it could be a shaft. There are some rectangular rocks on one side that look almost like an entrance way. I was inspecting these rocks when I heard a rattlesnake behind me. I haven't jumped out of a hole that fast in a long time. Interestingly, there are also a few timbers sticking up out of the rocks. I believe someone either dug there looking for the mine or it is the old mine. But if it is, it's not hidden very well. There certainly was a lot of quartz veined rock there but I didn't see any gold. I also tried to line up the pointer in the hoyo better and it looks like it's pointing at #1. I looked over that area but haven't detected it yet. There's a lot more vegetation now that we've had rain.

Attachments

• notsure.jpg
    notsure.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 496
  • sighting.jpg
    sighting.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 484
  • pointer.jpg
    pointer.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 496
  • doorway2.jpg
    doorway2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 486
  • doorway1.jpg
    doorway1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 491
  • ridge.jpg
    ridge.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 496
OP
OP
A

aerogent

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2009
These pictures are of the depression and hoyo pointer. The third picture is outlined to show the general shape of the depression. Note the series of rocks that form a straight line on one side. The arrow points to an old, burned timber sticking up out of the hole.

Attachments

• holerocks3.jpg
    holerocks3.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 443
  • holerocks2.jpg
    holerocks2.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 351
  • holewithrocks.jpg
    holewithrocks.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 445
  • hoyo1.jpg
    hoyo1.jpg