Does this tree carving mean anything?

markdenisr

Mar 9, 2009
I am new to this site and found a tree on my property with some very old markings. The tree is with many other trees and is in a deep creek with big boulders all over the place. The tree appears to be very old and I really can't make out the markings very well. I have tried to draw a picture of what the markings look like, but I could be off somewhat. Maybe someone on this forum could tell me if the marking I have found are close to something that someone else has found.

I will try and take an actual picture tomorrow and post it.

Here is a few pics I took today of the tree markings I tried to draw. The first 4 pics are of the tree alone and the 5th I tried to draw what it looks like to me. I could be wrong and missing something, but it appears real old and some of it may be hidden. The 3rd and 4th pics are a closeup of part of the carving.

Attachments

• TreeMarking.jpg
    TreeMarking.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,033
  • Tree1.jpg
    Tree1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 911
  • Tree2.jpg
    Tree2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 912
  • Tree3.jpg
    Tree3.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 905
  • Tree4.jpg
    Tree4.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 903
  • Tree5.jpg
    Tree5.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 916
OP
OP
M

markdenisr

Mar 9, 2009
It very well could be a face. I guess it is just too old or at least not very legible to really tell for sure. But then again, I am a real amateur at this.

bob123

Feb 25, 2009
east coast
markdenisr said:
It very well could be a face. I guess it is just too old or at least not very legible to really tell for sure. But then again, I am a real amateur at this.
since it lloks like this hasnt been taken a long time ago i suspect some1 carved it in there if it was carved a while ago for a sign of the native americans or soemthing the bark would have heald over or the tree fall. But im no expert just my opinion
-Bob

katsaros

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2008
2 metres from figura open in the earth.z= zic-zak old road or a little river.O,O,O=Rocks in this place,(topografy)

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
plehbah said:
Throw in a monkey in a helmet and I am sold on this idea.

Well, are you referring to the munchkins in Wizard of Oz? We all know the secret symbology of that reference ... right?

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
plehbah said:
You tell me what the secret symbolism is. It is posted by other people all over this forum.

Ha ha. I was joking about the monkey/hat nonsence - merely another case of pareidolia gone mad, fueled by the 'gurus' promulgating such silliness on this forum and others (for their own amusement, IMO). But anyway, following is a summary of the W of O, shamelessly snipped from the Great Internet (Baum an Illuminati? Oooooh, food for the foo-foo's):

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Chicago, 1900) is a parable about Money Reform and the 1890s Midwestern political movement led by William Jennings Bryan (1860-1925); three times candidate for President of the United States (see his poster at bottom of this page). From 1891-1895 Bryan served in the House of Representatives, where he advocated the coinage of silver at a fixed ratio with gold, in order to break the bankers' monopoly and manipulation of the gold-backed currency.

Bryan and his supporters accused Eastern banks and railroads of oppressing farmers and industrial workers. Bryan believed that a switch to silver-backed currency would make money plentiful. Although correct, Money Reformers today would argue that money need not, and should not, be backed by either silver or gold, but only by the people, their skills, and their resources.

In 1896 Bryan delivered the following words at the Democratic National Convention: "Having behind us the producing masses of this nation and the world, supported by the commercial interests, the labouring interests, and the toilers everywhere, we will answer their [i.e. the bankers'] demand for a gold standard by saying to them: 'You shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns; you shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold.'"

Although only 36 years old, this speech resulted in his nomination for the presidency. He contested, and lost to, William McKinley. He stood again for the Democrats in 1900 and 1908, losing both times.

Carroll Quigley wrote about the 1896 Presidential election in Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time (MacMillan, 1966, p. 74): "Though the forces of high finance and of big business were in a state of near panic, by a mighty effort involving large-scale spending they were successful in electing McKinley."

L. Frank Baum was editor of a South Dakota newspaper and he wrote the first of his Oz series on Bryan’s second attempt in 1900.

Oz is short for ounce, the measure for gold and silver.

Dorothy, hailing from Kansas, represents the commoner.

The Tin Woodsman is the industrial worker, rusted as solid as the factories shut down in the 1893 depression. The Scarecrow is the farmer who apparently doesn’t have the wit to understand his situation or his political interests. The Cowardly Lion is Bryan himself; who had a loud roar but little political power.

The Good Witches represent the magical potential of the people of the North and the South.

After vanquishing the Wicked Witch of the East (the Eastern bankers) Dorothy frees The Munchkins (the little people). With the witch's silver slippers (the silver standard), Dorothy sets out on the Yellow Brick Road (the gold standard) to the Emerald City (Washington), where they meet the Wizard (the President), who appears powerful, but is ultimately revealed as an illusion; the real Wizard being just a little man who pulls levers behind a curtain.

This can be interpreted in two ways: Either, the President himself is really just a little man who pulls levers to sustain an illusion of power, or, the real power of the President rests with the little men behind the curtains who pull the levers and create the illusion.

When the real Wizard is exposed, the now enlightened Scarecrow denounces him. Dorothy drowns the Wicked Witch of the West (the West Coast elite); the water being an allegory for the Midwest drought. The real Wizard flies away in a hot-air balloon, the Scarecrow is left to govern the Emerald City, the Tin Woodsman rules the West, and the Cowardly Lion returns to the forest where he becomes King of the Beasts after vanquishing a giant spider which was devouring the animals in the forest. Dorothy's silver slippers were changed to ruby in the 1939 film.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
bob631 said:
plehbah said:
You tell me what the secret symbolism is. It is posted by other people all over this forum.

It's Hunaman he led a army of monkeys, if you'll do a little reading on hindu mythology, particularly the avataras of vishnu, you'll find the paralells to all of the symbols, the fish, the tortise, the man lion, the horse, the owl .....all of them.

Just because certain individuals don't know what some thing means, never means someone else doesn't.

And if you look to the stars, you'll find all the templates. Even so, a rock, tree carving, tortilla or cloud that resembles a monkey is nothing more than a curiosity. Interesting, yes. Treasure pointer? I'd look for something better myself.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
Actually, the carving really does look sort of like a monkey wearing a helmet! :o It doesn't just pop out and grab you, but if you stare at it for a couple of minutes then yes, it really does start to look like a monkey wearing a helmet! In conclusion I'd like to state that one should never monkey around with another monkey's monkey, my friends!
Your not going to monkey with this friend;
LAMAR

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
bob631 said:
Springfield said:
And if you look to the stars, you'll find all the templates. Even so, a rock, tree carving, tortilla or cloud that resembles a monkey is nothing more than a curiosity. Interesting, yes. Treasure pointer? I'd look for something better myself.

All information is good information, I usually go with my gut and my own two eyes and never what someone else tells me.....

I don't recall ever saying these were treasure pointers mostly everyone that posts these types of things say they're trail markers, am I missing something?

No, most people who post here think every manmade marking and all natural objects that resemble something else are treasure signs of some kind. Based on your statements, it seems like you may actually have your feet on the ground and a grasp of reality. Yes, trail markers abound, as do trails themselves. Most old trails have disappeared in the USA and have become roads or have succumbed to development. The trails that still exist are all sorts of pioneer, native American, ranch, hunter, timbering, hiking and game trails, etc. Some are quite old - some are new. The signs marking the old ones (if any) were usually blazes, rock cairns, etc. Something simple.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Bob631;
It kind of looks like Bigfoot. What's he holding in his hands? Is that a Big Mac wrapper, per chance?
Your friend;
LAMAR

K

Kentucky Kache

lamar said:
It doesn't just pop out and grab you, but if you stare at it for a couple of minutes then yes, it really does start to look like a monkey wearing a helmet!LAMAR

I think we've found your problem.

Attachments

• 4310383.jpg
    4310383.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 598

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Bob631;
Are you trying to state that Bigfoot was the one who carved the monkey with the helmet into the tree trunk, my friend? I would think that handling sharp tools would be dangerous for him. :(
Your believing you found a whittling Bigfoot friend;
LAMAR

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
OH Man :tard:
I think lame'rs mom gave him PC priviledges Back ..Oh well another thread to use the ignore button on.

P

pippinwhitepaws

lamar has firm understanding of history...one may learn if you pay attention.

P

pippinwhitepaws

bob631 said:
Lame-r's got a firm grasp on something... but it isn't history.

I think he's trying to do like all the rest of the jesuits... get expelled from every country they were ever in.
six posts and an expert on jesuit an lamar...yea right...
the jesuit were not expelled from every country they were ever in...just a big hole in your education isn't there?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Don't know much about trees but i would be taking a closer look at that rock bluff in the background. Specially toward the left there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread