Indian head carved on rock

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
jbot, What I'd do is go in the way it's looking or heading and look for another mark. Maybe walk the line it points out with a M/L as it may be only feet to something good, Other then that, =?????

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Do you have a photo? for I live in Az and have justed started last fall I have come upon a few (Indian head ??? on rocks if possable I may be able to send you a photo for some reason I can not down size them I have some on a other forum if you want to see them Buck

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbot said:
Does anyone know what it might mean?

Does it mean That Your Photo Didn't Work ?

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

I have seen the photo, but I don't have it. I'll try to get it and post it.
Buck - I would love to see the AZ. pictures.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Here is the picture.
In the 1700s white men captured an Indian who had a large amount of gold. They tortured and killed him because he wouldn't tell where he got it.
This Indian is supposed to be the one who carved the head.
Under the head seems to be a date: 1774.
The two carvings face almost due east.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,477

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
I worked on this about three years ago, the location is in a bad place, Fort Knox military reservation.
If you look at a topo map just to the southwest of Louisville KY. and find the salt river, locate a branch called rolling fork it is the county boundary between Hardin and Bullitt county's. follow south on rolling fork and you will see the boot it is part of the branch. At the mouth of rolling fork look a little to the northeast and you will see the lower bottom of the headdress, Its the points of the hills. From what i can remember the nose and fore-head were part of the Ohio River. Bad thing is the head is inside Fort Knox. You can trace the head on a topo map. I think there were to drill holes on the southeast side of the headdress this you will find on a topo map. The one thing i never checked on was the date carved below the head and boot. Could there be a hill or ridge just to the southwest of the head and boot, that may have a rock carving on it, a pile of rocks, a pond? This was supposed to be Chief Doubleheads treasure? It may be fake, because the head covers many miles, could have been put there using a topo map? i just don't know

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

I'm thinking about going and checking it out, if I can work out a schedule.
I saw the picture a few years ago, but I never tried to go there.
If your not busy, let me know, maybe we could get together.
I have directions.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
jbot said:
I have seen the photo, but I don't have it. I'll try to get it and post it.
Buck - I would love to see the AZ. pictures.
SENT ME YOUR E-MAIL and I will try to e-mail you some Buck

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

I can't open attachments. Can you post the pics here?

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
I don't know why you can't open them just try one more time you might have to wait a bit if not I will try some thing else oh yea the pic that in with my posts is a trail marker itself Buck

akemberson

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this location ever found? I have lots of picks from my weekend journey to this sight!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I have had a little bit of luck in that a date could reference back to the Bible such as 1814 = 1st book of the bible chapter 8 verses one and four, just another thought. Thanks for the post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread