Obvious Turtle..OR....(pics added...updated)

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
just a natural formation that happened to roll/land like that over the years?

Sure looks like a turtle workin' them flippers
:tongue3:

rockturtlemonument.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Re: Obvious Turtle..OR....

dsty, I saw your earlier comment and saw you removed it....

Any other suggesitons or thoughts on this from anyone?

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois

ground hoyo?and other item look alot a like,face other?

Attachments

• rockturtlemonument.JPG
    rockturtlemonument.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 759
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Yeah I noticed the head/face of the turtle right away...also noticed the 'hoyo' and looked through it for kicks..sure enough it led to this...have no clue really how to figure out..maybe the point on the left side top or the hole in it...

pointerrockledge.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Also to the immediate west along the same 'path'

a bird of some sort? can't quite tell..and hope to get more pics from the other angle

rockbird.JPG

and....could this be a standing elephant ...I see a trunk..it just seems to 'purposeful' to be a natural formation that way.. though, as always and often, I could be wrong

elephant.JPG

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CH,
Here's my idea for that one formation. I could be wrong, of course, cause I'm a newbie, too. Instead of an elephant's trunk, I think that's the big guard's shoulder and arm.

elephant Merged.jpg

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I immediately picked up on the Roman nose...A Roman Sentinel? Whats he guarding....the pic that Old Dog called a turtle I have seen here in Missouri...very close anyway...I called mine a duck...but hell I am a newbie also !...Thanks for sharing...Steve

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Old Dog said:
This is a turtle

I see that now that you mention it...it seems that the 'head' was throwing me off..but it appears to be climbing up the hill maybe...thanks again for your input..it's always apprectiated

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

stevesno said:
I immediately picked up on the Roman nose...A Roman Sentinel? Whats he guarding....the pic that Old Dog called a turtle I have seen here in Missouri...very close anyway...I called mine a duck...but hell I am a newbie also !...Thanks for sharing...Steve

Wow ....good call on that one guys...it now seems obvious that it is a figure standing guard..possibly more next to him...actually looks like Jaba the Hut to his left (the picture was inverted to the figure is actually facing the other way..whatever that's worth)..can't wait to get back out there...it's very hard to climb up to where he is standing, especially with my dog..I may go solo next week..this site has a LOT of interesting things on it

:hello2:

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Shortstack said:
CH,
Here's my idea for that one formation. I could be wrong, of course, cause I'm a newbie, too. Instead of an elephant's trunk, I think that's the big guard's shoulder and arm.

Another thought..could be that the 'smaller' figure is actually being carried on the back of the taller one..this area was inhabited by natives looooonggggg ago...that would seem to fit...

rrazrr

Mar 4, 2010
Bisbee, AZ
Not sure about the OGM, but, the 1892 y 94 is mexican. the "y" means "and". The large turtle appears to be carrying a smaller turtle on it's back.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is Spanish for 'and', but, I get OGM 8.92 y 94. There is a suspended dot between the 8 and the 9. Seemingly this cat made the appearance in Agosto de 92 Y Agosto de 94.

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Blind.In.Texas said:
Yes, it is Spanish for 'and', but, I get OGM 8.92 y 94. There is a suspended dot between the 8 and the 9. Seemingly this cat made the appearance in Agosto de 92 Y Agosto de 94.

I'm guessing 1992 and 1994 :dontknow:

I'm still stuck on how freaking awesome the large figure is carrying the smaller figure on its back...or gaurding the smaller hooded figure...I went back..and its obvious..I just have to climb up there to get closer this week with proper equipment...I'm VERY excited...this is probably native in origin which puts in from a LONG time ago :laughing7:

Of course all this is conjecture...but still...

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CH,
I think that large helmet headed figure is waaaay older than Native American influence.

Consider this muse. What if, the large figure represents a knight and the little feller is his squire? If you remember
many of the theories to be found in this section, there is one that fits pretty well with THIS monument.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
CheathamHill said:
I'm still stuck on how freaking awesome the large figure is carrying the smaller figure on its back...or gaurding the smaller hooded figure...I went back..and its obvious..I just have to climb up there to get closer this week with proper equipment...I'm VERY excited...this is probably native in origin which puts in from a LONG time ago :laughing7:

Not native in origin, Spanish.
Natives didn't carve monuments.

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Old Dog said:
CheathamHill said:

Not native in origin, Spanish.
Natives didn't carve monuments.

..in the southeast?? Honest question, because i truly don't know...this figure(s) has me VERY intrigued

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread