New TURTLE with hoyo for EYE

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
mannings;
In your photo #1 of the turtle, in the lower left of the photo about the middle it looks like the head of some animal poking out from the edge. If it is an animal, I would take a compass reading in the direction it is looking, and also take a look through the eye of the turle from the opposite side and see what that thing is looking at.

This could be a case of 'hidden in plain sight'.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a dung beetle.

Mike

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Govertons explanation the best. But there is one mark that Short Stack circled that makes me believe its real. Everyone missed the hoyo except mannings also. Never miss a hoyo.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we all see what we need. Im still looking for my first find. All points could be valid. I would need more info on this monument looking thing. But it looks good enough to spend a little time investing in.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I've been reading this thread and noticed there was some earlier discussion about what to tag and what to ignor. One poster tags everything and one just looks for classical Spanish signs. I think it's a good idea to look at everything. Sure you are going to waste some time, but if you ignore everything that isn't classical Spanish you might miss something that would lead you to Spanish markers. It's been my experience that a seemingly simple grafitti type carving leads to a Spanish style eyecatcher with hoyo, direction markers and two shadow signs a quarter mile away. I can imagine that some of the earlier treasure hunters would use carvings and grafitti to lead them back to a promising area.
Mdog

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I missed the post title. Lets see if I can redeem myself. Are we looking at two animals, one climbing on the back of the other?

Light and dark, two trails.

Interesting mark on the shoulder.

fjold

Aug 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i gott a turttle with no legs . what can i do please help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread