• treasure sign.GIF
    treasure sign.GIF
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,048
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[
Need a little help with this one, I have no idea what it might mean or what it is for that matter. Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.
[/quote]
~~~~
A) Sheehs, carved or painted? Well the "7" had a special significance for the Jesuits, and the other makes me think of the Sun and mine combined = gold mine?

Put them together and I would suspect that it means a Jesuit gold mine further on?? Or the 5 rays could be a distance marker also?

What lies beyond this mark? Is it on a rock, cliff, or what?

Any other marks or signs?

Till Eulenspeigle

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the sun sets or rises 5am 5pm and the rays break through between two mounts/hills a well defined
cliff or ledge is the next clue.
CZ
not too unlike the Lost Dutchman clue
[/quote]
~~~~
A) Hmm good, good sossimoto If the mark is oriented to the east or west. Sabe at this point.
Till Euelenspiegle

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 being on the 7th day "HE" rested so lets say the sun is setting (?) what about a camp site, with the sunn either in the west or east depemding on its situation to the earths equinox/axis maybe the direction "pointer"to the next point of interest..........7 days from this point next camp or the location of ????

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Well. Here's my 2 cent guess! It's been my understanding that a 7 was a sign for GOLD, and 5 for SILVER. The sun with rays for EAST. The rays give distance. 5 rays = 5 varras or about 16 feet. The 2 lines at bottom mean nothing other then identify a rising sun. I'm I correct? Probably not! But it's my guess and what I'd check out first.
Look 16 feet east of mark for another marked rock. ect! likely buried. Only they that buried whatever new the distance of each ray. But you'd have a bearing of EAST to run out.
Anyone got any better ideas?

OP
OP
Orygun

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
I assure you this is not a test. I posted this here so I could get the opinions of my fellow treasure hunters on something that has me stumped. Don't know how I could have missed this but to the right of the original drawing there is what appears to be a large owl on the same rock. Also vey close by I found this other drawing. I really need help decyphering these signs so any ideas you might have will be helpful. Thi set of signs is situated in fron of the original set facing towards it, about 2 feet away.

Attachments

• sign2.GIF
    sign2.GIF
    3.8 KB · Views: 922

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Ummmm how about this?

"Don't let the sun set on your behind"?

Could be- never know.... ;)

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Orygun,

Your drawings could be real, but then maybe not.

Just for kicks, why don't you show us photos of the objects that you took them from??? ;) :-\

Bob T.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what say orygun maybe a pic for the DOUBTERS ,LMAO.........

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Believe it or not, I was only half joking with that comment!

Back in the day it was a common phrase to warn people to get out of town before sundown. Being as we can't see the actual carving there is no reference as to how old it is. Even if we could, who knows how old it is.

People of dubious character were told "not to let the sun set on their ass" In other words, something may happen (to them) after dark.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea if this will help, but it certainly can't hurt.

Till Eulenspeigle

Attachments

• Sun0001.jpg
    Sun0001.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,676
  • triangles0003.jpg
    triangles0003.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • peaks0001.jpg
    peaks0001.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 960
  • bars0001.jpg
    bars0001.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,010

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rt whats the ISBN # of that ref material your using?title maybe?

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
dekalb,,,,here is a symbol book that you might have an interest in....................isbn # 0 942688 02 3 waybill to lost spanish mines and treasures .............very many spanish and indian symbols............gldhntr

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
So there's an Owl cut into a rock! = The sign for the old God Mollock, used by several secret orders to show ownership. Look at the street map of Washington D.C. and you will see a large Owl. This could be a sign of the K.G.C. Their code if you can get it may prove helpful. And may be the starting point. With that said carry on.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rt whats the ISBN # of that ref material your using?title maybe?
[/quote]

HOWDY: Frankly I have no idea, it is a copy that was given to me. It did say "TREAURE SIGNS & SYMBOLS".

Google or SCIRUS might turn up someting.

Till Eulenspiegle

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH RT.......hey thankz gldhntr your more help then the "expert" ::) :-\

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spanish rarely (If ever) used the NUMBER 7 to designate gold except on written maps and in correspondence. The carving probably shows the direction to a permanent and safe campsite. On rock carvings, the number 7 meant that "On the seventh day he rested." The first carving I would take to mean a safe camping site five (insert distance units) to the East of the petroglyph. When showing a setting sun, they didn't usually surround the sun with rays. This was mostly done to show the rising sun (East). Since this is not a detailed map, you could use Estados, Leagues, or Days numbers by the rays of the rising sun. A safe campsite would be one where they would set up camp for months at a time while conducting business in the area.

Good luck-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread