Snake treasure sign

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• snake.JPG
    snake.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,177

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and wecome to TNET. Lots of knowledgeable folks here. My guess is a counter of mountain tops. It may also give a heading.

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is a large stream nearby (a river actually) and the stream is about 100 yards away.

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Sekypaleo, My friend "Sideways" wants me to post some info that might help you. He said there may be a cache between the hill and river, look for a large rock with a sign or drill hole. Follow the snake, the humps could be small hills that you can see from there or they may mean 10 or 100 paces per hump. The last part was my idea, just trying to help. RH2

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice and help everybody! It was a complete surprise to be hiking with some friends and look down and see this carved on a rock! My father grew up about 30 miles north of this spot and told me of a small cave/rockshelter he found when he was young, that he told me was filled with Indian carvings. He and I went back last year and re-found it. The carvings are unbelievable...I have never seen carvings like these before. The main carving as I recall depicts a mountain with a cave half way up it, with a ladder going up to the cave, and there is a sun above. Wish I had taken pics of all the carvings as I think it means something big, but I cannot interpret them. I believe them to be Cherokee. I would like to get my dad to go back in and get some pics of them to post here but he is very leary of it as the area is thick with Copperheads

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
maybe it is buried in the stream, at the tip of long narrow island, sandbar or groups of rocks. Maybe the island or rock is shaped like a fish...like a catfish or gar. Maybe the stream itself has that shape along a stretch of it..but look for a division in middle of stream

Just speculation. :)

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
My thoughts, R = river--- M = mountain--- circle = possible area of interest, the 3 dots at the edge of the river, and there should be another one on the south east side of the hill near where the line ends. thanks for the post

Attachments

• snake.JPG
    snake.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,211

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Usually a wavy line such as this indicates a water source.
Such as a river or creek.

However I have seen similar marks that are naturally occurring,
That look good in the picture But a boots on the ground inspection brought no other signs to light.

If there is any other pictures of the surrounding area that support this as being a sign,
Please show them, It could be a crucial factor to solving this one.
Personally I remain dubious as to whether it is a man made sign without further signs and confirmations.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sekypaleo

Where I come from this snake means "Follow the head in the direction of the snake head until you run into the next sign". If it was verticle it would have another meaning.

The problem you may have if you are new to signs is to know what the next sign is when you run into it. Since this snake was carved on a rock the chances are your next sign will be a shaped rock or a carving on a rock.

Good luck and wear the snake proof chaps!

Ecominer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread