Old Hand Dug Holes Found And What Took Me There

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
The holes that I have found thats shaped like a 1/2 softball size horzional drill hole was on a boulder with a 1/2 moon carving that indicates treasure below according to the BOOKS but after diggin a hole 9 feet deep with a back hoe, I found that it was a lie, I did not move anything so the drill hole remains and after getting things figured out, if you lay a 6" ruler across the front and a pencil with its sharp end in reverse of an eye it pointed to an old hand dug 7 ft deep hole aprox 7 foot deep 200 ft 330 degrees distance. So long story short don't believe all that you read in treasure books

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Tin, the face thats going off the bluff where the shallow drill hole is with the cross in the bottom may be the correct direction to travel, also the V that is shown below the drill hole that seems to travel along the bluff should be worked as if it was a bow and arrow, pull the arrow back creates the bottom of the V and just follow the arrow's flight, there should be something of interest within 200 feet because of the shallow drill hole indicates measure by the foot, I dont have the width-- depth-- circumfurence of the hole. When you find a V ouside down it indicates something covered, if it is laying flat then its directional, it is also the 22th letter of the alphabet and may indicate 22 X 10 = 220 cm for a depth indicator or it can be all of the above, something this way, it will be this deep, something covered. Good luck be safe always

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
This my last windrose to be worked out, it is carved on the bottom of a (slice of pie ) shaped rock, everything is still there including the old hand dug hole. You can see the triangle marked out with symbols near the 1814 and the R marked out with found symbols. Sorry about that for some reason the photo don't transfer its on page 3 if you are interested

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Just to share some information that may be important and this is just what I think ( kinda rattles around inside this knot on my sholder ) Gail Roades wrote a book and his son wrote another that others, the one that I have seen and disagree with the interpitation is Initals about 2 inches high are initals of the expedition leader, they are small, shallow and I feel that they contain info that usalble. There's on one site that I worked thats a H P, the P was formed using the right hand side leg off the H kinda like if you put a U sideways and made the P. My thoughts are that the meaning H = 8 - P = 16 or 8 - 1 - 6 much like we identify Township- Range - Section, I feel that they also had a system, for instance missions may have been 10 leagues apart, and was from the East coast to the West coast. Just wanted to get some feedback

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Just trying to get a hold of Steven from holister mo, I may be coming that way with a senior trip from the church soon, will have time to look at something south

Do What

Greenie
Oct 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to say "Huge Thank Yous" to everyone participating in this thread. I'm new here and new to treasure hunting, in fact. I have only recently begun looking up sites such as this one on the internet and have been amazed at the number of things I've seen over the years and dismissed as phenomenon. Wish I could remember where they all were now. I live in the mountains of southeast Oklahoma and intend to get back out in the woods with my newfound knowledge and take notes and pictures. Hopefully, I will have something to contribute soon. Thanks again to you all.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to share some information that may be important and this is just what I think ( kinda rattles around inside this knot on my sholder ) Gail Roades wrote a book and his son wrote another that others, the one that I have seen and disagree with the interpitation is Initals about 2 inches high are initals of the expedition leader, they are small, shallow and I feel that they contain info that usalble. There's on one site that I worked thats a H P, the P was formed using the right hand side leg off the H kinda like if you put a U sideways and made the P. My thoughts are that the meaning H = 8 - P = 16 or 8 - 1 - 6 much like we identify Township- Range - Section, I feel that they also had a system, for instance missions may have been 10 leagues apart, and was from the East coast to the West coast. Just wanted to get some feedback

Dsty, the farthest east Spanish mission that I'm aware of was the one close to Alexandria, Louisisana. It had it's own presidio, too. Now, I'm curious as to how many and WHERE others were located in the New Spain section that is now Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and of course Florida. That would make a good "winter" research project. :coffee2:

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello SS it becomes more to being the truth as to how the Spanish was intent it making this New Spain, and to sections of property 1 league square, each having its own # as a reference and armed with that info it would indicate which settler owned which piece of property and the cache that was placed in the ground, indications to me is that if you start at the bend of a river as a starting point and information at that point was a triangle that indicates North / East /West each distance would be a league between the trails, E / W follow the directions following trail markers as you go the 1st is a triangle to the north the 2nd league will have a cache site and a diamond to indicate the way you came North East West, or the 4 directions. Tomorrow is a holiday se you tues times up

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Something that seems to have a small part in what I have been thinking is it seems that numbers may indicate what and how much, letters on the other hand may indicate depth and distance, at least that has worked on the sites that I have been on, if its two letters connected together such as a H and a horzional U connected to make the letter P. I feel that indicates Township Range and Section H = 8 --- U = 19 or 8--1--9

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I have considered looking at the Old Testement and recording all the numbers that seem to have meaning such as 1814 = Gen. 1 chapter 8 verse 14--- and Ezra 15th book -- chapter 2 --- verse # 15 and 18, both was at one site seems that 454 grams of gold weighs 1 pound, consider 227 grams = 1/2 pound all those numbers are recorded in the Old Testement and if I have'nt shared with you my thoughts about numbers and letters and their possible meaning or my thoughts about them, much like the roman numerals = numbers ( letters = numbers ) and letters represent numbers of the alphabet 0 = 15,- A = 1 with a U conected the upper right hand l making it the possible number of the square section of that h = u =21

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Per Dsty's request here is another ...
UncleMatt here is one set of something that looks like what you have its about 10 inches above the drill hole, it show up better if its enlarged a little, note the deer tracks in the bottom i( without dew claws leaving a safe place ) My interpitation 816 = Identifies as section # other info in the area= 112 = # of bars, size of bars 454 gr or my interpitation = 112 one pound bars in section 816. What you have privy to may be information that you will find in that area. Didn't go thru but its on page # 3

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Quinoa, I think the carved marks indicate that more than one person carved them, I see Americian Indian, several types used drill holes, I am interested in drill holes and there's not much information but there's lots of different variations and I'm sure there's other's that I have not seen, I have seen buzzard poop before and its my experience that its white, I don't know why, perhaps diet,

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thank You Lost Horse wonderful site that you have, we miss you and kim , This a trail ( marked in yellow ) that may have lots of value, its looks like a master map using marble size holes and it may show off shoots ( marked in red ) to something that may be interesting. I believe they had areas of interest carved in stone with patterns and dots and also letters such as Uncle Matt posted, I have said that the north west corner of the section was marked with the corner information with the letters conected and after looking back at others that I have seen with initals in the NW corner that did not have the letters connected. Thats just my way of thinking, this is on page 4

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I was talking to charlier yesterday in a pm and we were talking about different size boulders, stones or whatever, I believe that someone must use the different size boulders thats saturated in a area kinda like you might use several different puzzels one with 2" pieces, one with 3" pieces, one with 4 " pieces, they will not fit togerther so they must be seperated eventho they are in the same area something in the ones with the same size should have something for distance and direction and very possibble be in the NW corner, SE corner should have info about what and the NE corner should have information about depth and location, it takes all of them to make a story. Thats my thoughts anyway,

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Thom, you may have said if someone could figure out the method used to conseal the final site's that one would'nt have to work anymore, I may have stumbled onto something that works on a couple of sites and it may work for all of them, anyway it looks good to me. Please PM on a secure site, I'll be back on tomorrow

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Just to see if anyone may consider the thought about drill holes. Were they used to erase another earlier symbol some added, some trails have nothing but drill holes, I just don't think there has been enough consideration to them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread