Randal County
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Does anyone have the t/ books that Shaffer's have Could you put the What was called a calender in Gales book and I think his son has it in his book, its under Indian signs Its shows a series of dots in a rectangle 8 lines in horzional and 5 vertaical, All of my books went to afganastans library for the troops about 3/4 years ago. Thanks if you would post it. Ernie

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Kim, It is my opinion that the Royal Measurements was used for everything, Depth of a Cache ( 223 cm ) length of a Pace 33 inches, distance indicators cordell , League , Labor , I think the distance's can vary depending on what you are working on Windrose , Sections , Townships , Range , Height of the marker, can also be used such as a span of the Kings Hand = 8 inches and can be used in any of the heigth of the marker to represent a ???

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your support its good to be back Thom, thank you Leroy I was thinking the other day we have known each other at least near to 25 years, Yes SS there is at least 8 and may be 15 that I chased around and there was always an old hand dug 7 foot or so deep, there's defently patterns that was used and it is simple as heck when the original Spanish Priest was just first starting out, I have found three of them. I like maps that's carved in stone, drill holes. Just to be honest with everyone, I feel that I've been so close and there's 2 that may be still there ( no hole ) or it seems that way but I have never found the 1st one, the hand dug holes that I've found are similar to the V or notches you guys post, the notch shows you the direction and what you will find. THERE WILL NOT BE A Carving within a hundred feet unless its the old time Spanish Priest, if its Jesuit they will show you but you better have some good boots and be the have the determination of a bull dog Thanks oddrock for your input, A great big Thank you steve. stay safe

man dsty. great stuff. I never read this whole tread, boy what I have been missing. I believe I found one of those sites you are talking about. the one about the old spainish priest, and the Jesuit, they did, walk me in there with signs. I was like, what the heck, these guys are breaking all the rules in the so called rule book. Its was great to see you post that. great stuff. thanks, if you guys haven't read this whole tread, do so, its some great stuff. thanks dsty.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty, heres two stones cut at a 90deg. facing each other on a 120 deg. heading, cant find my notes, but if I remember right they are, 54 to 60 yards apart, its like two opposite corners of a box facing each other. you can only see one from the other, if you stand on top of the one in the first photo, that one is up hill from the second photo. you don't have to give out any info. on them, if you don't want to. just showing you them for some enjoyment. least I could do for all the info. you put out. hope it helps. View attachment 866918 View attachment 866919

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog:
You wrote that the two corner rocks were cut as opposite corners of a box and I'm wondering if you've laid out the lines of the box and the hypotenuse? If so, what is at the mid point of the hypotenuse? That boulder that you've tagged as the plug, doesn't look like it's on that line. :icon_scratch:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea ss , I worked it on google earth,and at the site, it did just what they wanted it to do. frustrate and confuse,lol. that's ok, they have marched me down that path for miles and hours. except now I go only a couple of feet and a few minutes. then I fight fire with fire. I use there own medicine against them. what I call the Spanish death rods. View attachment 867684

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea ss , I worked it on google earth,and at the site, it did just what they wanted it to do. frustrate and confuse,lol. that's ok, they have marched me down that path for miles and hours. except now I go only a couple of feet and a few minutes. then I fight fire with fire. I use there own medicine against them. what I call the Spanish death rods. View attachment 867684

YES. Take it to 'um, Dog. LOL. Those Spanish surveyors like to play with their angles and dangles, didn't they? :laughing7:

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello dtth, SS I'm starting to think that drill holes have more than one meaning, kinda strange that some sites have none, I have seen those that had seven drill holes, some sites have only drill holes, I wonder if they were used as multipliers, I know of one place where it would fit very good. Also the 3 inch X 3 inch may work for 1 /2. My Grandson got off to Germany ok, things are back to near normal. My son said he woud help with posting some maps, what I consider to be important information on the layout that seems to fit with the symbols / markers / monuments / old maps that use London as a reference point.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello dtth, SS I'm starting to think that drill holes have more than one meaning, kinda strange that some sites have none, I have seen those that had seven drill holes, some sites have only drill holes, I wonder if they were used as multipliers, I know of one place where it would fit very good. Also the 3 inch X 3 inch may work for 1 /2. My Grandson got off to Germany ok, things are back to near normal. My son said he woud help with posting some maps, what I consider to be important information on the layout that seems to fit with the symbols / markers / monuments / old maps that use London as a reference point.

What if, the hole itself is the base value of "1" just as the black dot......then the depth is the multiplier of that value. The diameter could give the distance and the depth the, well, depth?? Or vice-versa. Yes, I know......pie in the sky thinking. :laughing7:

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello SS, I may not have shared this before about drill holes and what I discovered, and I will use only one, 10 CM deep ( 4 inches ) 10 CM wide ( 4 inches ) 1 + 1 =2, X circumfurence = 34.5 X 2 = 69 paces = 189.5 feet, a pace =33 inches seems to work excelent. You can use this theory on Every Drill hole I've seen regardless of size, 8" X 4" = 2 cordels. A 1" deep seems to indicate a cornerl marker smaller ones indicate ( match head size ) seem to indicate a trail, 3" x 3 = measure by the foot, or 1/2 cordel.---------------------- Most of the older maps seem to use London as a Reference point which possibly indicate that the English version of most measurements seem to fit Metric measurements and also I think that The Stone Masons called it home, that's just a guess on my part but it seems to work, Spaniards , Vicking's and lots of other's contributed as well. Thanks to everbody that tolerates my input

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, dsty. I did a copy & paste of your post into a Notebook file because I sure as heck won't remember it. LOL I WILL add it to my notes, though.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other

dsty and true trackers..to the depth thingy with drill holes. I have found many..one example was 6.5 inches deep and that equaled one rod ~!about 6.5 yardsThe rod or perch (pole) is a surveyors tool[SUP][1][/SUP] and unit of length equal to 5½ yards, 16½ feet or 1⁄320th of a statute mile and one fourth of asurveyors chain. The utility of the rod is because it is a direct integer sub-factor of both sides of a square area, the acre, making it easy to roughly calculate the area of an oddly shaped region as one rod is a fortieth of 220 yards and a fourth of 22 yards, the two nominal side lengths of a 'perfect acre',[SUP][2][/SUP] a rectangular 'field' shape adopted because of advances in farming plow technology during the Renaissance. Since the adoption of the international yard on 1 July 1959, the rod has been equivalent to exactly 5.0292 meters.

drill holes are the last great mystery of the code..I do know from experience that the drill holes during a certain time span, [early jesuit era] mean a cache..it is too perfect a clue..the only better sign or marker would be a square..and viola that is exactly what the square means in code..if you look at the peraltra stones
you will see drill holes on the stones.
oro mandate
rangler

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Added info to the above post, thought it would move it but no such luck , anyway its just my thinking

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Everybody, Tinhorn sent me the most wonderful book ( trying to keep me busy I guess ) Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to TREASURE in the United States By Charles A. Kenworthy. I have'nt got more than 5 pages Really read, there's so much info between the lines, There's a trail in marked with a hoyo, anything and I believe it does indicate a start of the trail, follow that to the end to find the end of the trail and look around in the area and find a trail out according to the Book it will have a nose and an eye and it indicateds the way out, then there will be a in and out trail for the ore or gold transportation, there will be a trail for animals and man with a joining along the trail for a place of rest. If it was me and I lived out west I would have 3 of those books on for the trail, one to mark on and a spare. Read it a portion at a time then I had to read it several more times to glean all of the information such as distance between the trails, markers off to the side 100/200/300 paces to verify, they will always stay on the same side. of the trail according th the Arthor, I have read book after book concerning treasure and this is at the VERY TOP. All directional markers on " in- trails " must show light under the mark AT THE START All directional monuments " out " MUST have a " nose " and a "eye " directing the way of the trail homeward, it must have a verifieing mark to indicate that it is ours. That almost blowed my mind. AT the end ( last marker ) of the trail according to the book you will have to continue as far another 1.5 leagues to find whah you seek following markers that may contain the direction but not the distance,That will be plumb easy with a GPS using go to

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I don't know how confuseing this stuff it will be but here it goes. A labor is a land measurement according to stuff that I have seen. It is 174 acres, is 208 feet X = 13192 feet square, 2.6 miles = a league 13728 ft. Seven cordels = 13265 feet, 50 Vara = cordel, 138.87 feet. I'll probably never really know about this stuff but it sure fun. Seems the Square league that fits the best for the Settlers possibly was 177 acres. ( I'll bring my caculator tomorow and check all this stuff ) The Royal Trails ( in and out ) probably was and distance between them were influnced by terian and had its own measurements, where they crossed for camping with the supply ( in and out ) trails they also had one for the animals one for men ( fast trail ) to get the trails and camp sites. It would not supprise that they all had their own vara. I read all this in C. Kenworthy's book. The mark they placed on the side of the road probably 100 / 200 / 300 / paces, had a symbol or something that indicatedn a trail marker that pointed to it and the distance to it off the trali may be the distance between them may be between last and the one with the off road indicator. Times Up Gotta go

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
although nature has taken her toll on a lot of these signs you can still see the rabbit. the hole carved to make the eye is about 18 inches wide. I could recognize it from across the valley. i'm sure it stood at least 6' before it collapsed. google earth marked it at exactly 2.6 miles from the other corner. which is all right on with what you're saying. if I remember right it also had the v notch on the other side with smaller drill holes. that's what lets me know i'm not just seeing things!

attachment.php

Attachments

• rabbit corner.jpg
    rabbit corner.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 654

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions