37.4 KB · Views: 723
OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried in vain to find the photographer to find out exact location of this rock.

No luck!

Notice the "4" formed by drill holes......Indicates North

the Foot and Toes.....I think are the little hills you can see in distance(toes)

Line Horizontal represents river in distance

Drill holes probably line you up with distant markers......

Knowing the location, one could use aerial photos to line things up

this project on back burner until someone can tell me where this is.....

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Very interesting. Heh. feel your pain.. I have spent time looking for something I saw on internet in oh say a 10 by 10 mile area.

But you know,. though I never found it I found so many other interesting things in the area.

I think if you get down to that river you would not be disappointed and find you are retracing several expeditions and perhaps commercial journeys of the past.

That is really cool. Read Dsty's posts... The foot make sense to me.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
goverton,
welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting that awesome map!

I was wondering what make you conclude that the 4 means north?
Was that the compass heading toward the river?

I see lots of things on your map one, is a very large bias relief "5" or the right side.
Further down is a mark that tells me you have a Bible Verse they wanted you to see,.

A man's heart deviseth his way:
but the LORD directeth his steps
.<here is the confirmation of that this verse is correct one! The foot carving is used in this manner!

How much better is it to get wisdom than gold!

and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
<<my favorite Bible Verse, as a Treasure Hunter this is an admonishment to keep you focused that , it is better to lay up treasure in heaven by good deeds , than to seek the earthly treasures of silver and gold.

All in a a beautiful rendition of the Jesuits' craftsmanship rendered in stone!
hope this helps

retfaerehdnaerehua
rangler
ps this is the first time that a symbol that pointed to a Bible Verse contianed two salient passages!

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The River stretches thru 2 states.....pretty long walk....
The river is on the North side.
A "4" means North to a Mason, Knights Templar, etc.
I see the "5"...not sure it would be a "5" or maybe a snake....have to have a closer look.
Here is pic with labels on it.
I think "Toes" are hills circle on pic
River is in Red and base of foot is there also.....

rangler said:
goverton,
welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting that awesome map!

I was wondering what make you conclude that the 4 means north?
Was that the compass heading toward the river?

I see lots of things on your map one, is a very large bias relief "5" or the right side.
Further down is a mark that tells me you have a Bible Verse they wanted you to see,.

A man's heart deviseth his way:
but the LORD directeth his steps
.<here is the confirmation of that this verse is correct one! The foot carving is used in this manner!

How much better is it to get wisdom than gold!

and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
<<my favorite Bible Verse, as a Treasure Hunter this is an admonishment to keep you focused that , it is better to lay up treasure in heaven by good deeds , than to seek the earthly treasures of silver and gold.

All in a a beautiful rendition of the Jesuits' craftsmanship rendered in stone!
hope this helps

retfaerehdnaerehua
rangler
ps this is the first time that a symbol that pointed to a Bible Verse contianed two salient passages!

Attachments

• Map-on--Canadian-river1 copy.jpg
    Map-on--Canadian-river1 copy.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 643

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Experience says be careful when calling this particular figure a #4.
A rarely used number in this form.

Kenworthy explained it best so I will use his explanation and give him full credit.

Attachments

• # 4 by Kenwothy.jpg
    # 4 by Kenwothy.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 588

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
thom,
thanks for that KW reminder, lots of food for thought there!
I agree about the config of the 4 all the ones I have found are
the open 4, not the close four of the keyboard. One I did find was hidden in a
lizard petroglyph figure, make it look anceint..but it proved out in the field for
the second meaning of the 4. given that the first meanings is
bible related.

goverton
you said
"A "4" means North to a Mason, Knights Templar, etc."

I never seen that before, can you point me to the reference so
I can read it for myself?
right now most of us know the two meanings of the 4, since I think
that most signs have a triple meaning ( the trinity aspect) I would
like to confirm your 3rd number 4 meaning.
thanks
rangler

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rangler said:
I would
like to confirm your 3rd number 4 meaning.
thanks
rangler
Indeed. I would also like to know where that infomration comes from. I would like to know others' opinions on whether there is a possible third meaning of the number '3'.

Thanks

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this goes back to the "secret" arts the Freemasons, Knights Templar, etc. used to build with. Their Math was a secret .
Of course a true Mason will not tell you this( the meaning of "4") but they do make comments like..." ....on the level", " I am being square with you".....
I have seen closed "4"s in the field in the past and on some maps. One must know which way is North on a Map as well as scale.
In this case, I do know that the river is North of this rock....you can see it in the distance. The four lines you up(Squares you with the area) and tells you where to go.

Squaring a Corner; the 6, 8, and 10 Rule. It is frequently required to square the excavation for a building with a tape line, without the use of other lines and stakes. The method is simple,
[ocr errors]

and may be quickly done by three parties, as follows: Run off 24 feet; then the first party should take the end of the tape, and hold it at the 24th foot. The second party should hold the line with thumb and finger at the 16th foot, and the third party in like manner at the 10th foot. Draw till the line is tight, and it will form a right-angled corner true enough for proving up excavation work. The figures given are absolutely correct; but, as a little is liable to be lost at the corners in not being able to hold the tape so as to make sharp bends, this may cause a trifle variation, but the results will be true enough for the purpose stated. The tape will outline a triangle with its sides 6, 8, and 10 feet long; hence the method is called the 6, 8, and 10 Rule.

Attachments

• squaring corner.jpg
    squaring corner.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 663
OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is example of a Closed "4" on a treasure map....this is just a pic of 4 ONLY.....
I have seen more of these in the field as well

Attachments

• 4 on map.jpg
    4 on map.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 671

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
What this looks like is an omega - finial type stone.
I believe it may (if the marking of North is correct) show the final triangle with all the cache measurements.
Notice how the triangle corners are all offset, all of the cache holes will be off of the side between the # 2and #3 corners.
I think the triangle is visible in the field in front of this marker stone.

Attachments

• Map-on--Canadian-river1.jpg
    Map-on--Canadian-river1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 524
  • Map-on--Canadian-river1.jpg
    Map-on--Canadian-river1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 544

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
goverton, thanks for the interpretation -- i am responding to the squaring that you mentioned. i know you were right on that part
but i am a green weanie on the other part. for those who don't know how the squaring works, it is a simple thing once you are
shown how it is done. please don't misunderstand me on this as i know some here know exactly how it works.
this method works for carpenters all the time. it can start with 3 4 5 for small places. measure 3 feet north, then 4 feet
east or west from first beginning point. then measure from tip to tip of the L or 90* setup that you have. tip to tip should
measure 5 feet if you are perfectly square. the beauty of this is that the larger the building, you continue to double the #'s.
3 4 5 then double to get 6 8 10, double that and get 12 16 20 etc . etc.
this can be proven with the framing square, simply measure from the 3 to the 4 and your measuring tape will show 5. if you
don't have 5 then the tape can be wrong, the square could be stretched or both. never blame yourself :laughing7:

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think I found a treasure sign in the area that your'e working on. It's a ranch on the Canadian River! Judging by the buildings and size of the ranch I'd say it took a treasure to build! Not trying to hijack but DANG! This stopped me in mid-research thinking somebody has beat us all to it! Sorry for the terrible quality...
ranchontheCanadian.jpg

http://mesavistaranch.com/pdf/TBPbooklet3web.pdf

edited to add the link and that I just found out the ranch belongs to the one and only T. Boone Pickens! Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist!
I'll get back on point now... At one time I did a lot of work trying to figure out where this is also!

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
gov,
you said...

"this goes back to the "secret" arts the Freemasons, Knights Templar, etc. used to build with. Their Math was a secret ."

Actually you are partially right but that 3-4-5 or as you stated 6-8-10 is ancient knowledge attributed to Pythagoras and illustrated with algebraical formulas, by Euclid, since isosceles triangles bridge geometry and algebra. the Egyptians found it, so did other civilizations.
triangle345.gif

A right triangle where the sides are in the ratio of the integers 3:4:5
This is one example of the many "pythagorean triples".
]
Remember: it is the ratio of the lengths of the sides that counts, not the actual length. The units of measurement are thus irrelevant.

A Pythagorean triple has three positive integers a, b, and c, such that a2 + b2 = c2. In other words, a Pythagorean triple represents the lengths of the sides of a right triangle where all three sides have integer lengths.[1] Evidence from megalithic monuments on the Northern Europe shows that such triples were known before the discovery of writing. Such a triple is commonly written (a, b, c). Some well-known examples are (3, 4, 5) and (5, 12, 13).

Not only is it used to square the building plates..which as you stated is used in construction from excavation AND the squaring of the corners of any type of construction but it is used to find an unknown spot on the ground. Which is why the Jesuits this formula.
If you are given either the 3 or the 4, you can find the 5. Any point of the isosceles right triangle can be plotted - any point can be used to bury the goods. as well of the center point of the triangle.

I think the closed 4 in the way it is formed is a subtle hint the triangle since the top part or close part of the 4 IS a 3-4-5 Pythagorean isosceles triangle!

However, not matter how deep we get into all of this, it still shows no reference to 4 meaning North.

I do see your point that your 4 is "pointing" toward the North and the river, but this is not confirmation but actually this lead you astray...I think is is a supposition on your part, coming from the fact that your first assumption - that the dots outlined a 4 for you. So an illogical premise lead to an unsubstantiated conclusion. Unless of course you can provide the reference to the number 4 meaning North. You will excuse my directness Sir in the name of dispelling any accidental or purposeful disinformation on the site. Thanks for your understanding. This not an attack on you, but in the pursuit of the truth, we tesoro dogs must sniff and sometimes bark!
hope this helps
rangler

http://Pythagorean theorem en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_triple

ps Thom, I know dogs dont like cats, is that why you let it out of the bag lol!!!!!

pps To clarify just a bit on the triple meaning of the 4, one of the meanings that I was able to
solve was with an open 4..this 4 is a closed 4 so it is a small point. but sometimes it is the small points that add up to the major point we need to solve the puzzle.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Blind,
You make a good point about the
"5" - is the largest sign on the stone other than the foot. which I think we know
now - the reason why the foot, is there.

When you see the largest clue on a stone or map, it usually
means 'start here'. So your reasoning is correct as far as I can tell...More likely the '5' may be the hint of the 3-4-5 triangle.....now if you can use the holes to 'anchor' a 3-4-5 isosceles right triangle you might have something there.

However I do believe that Thom has shown the answer in his last post...but the 3-4-5 might show how the code maker got to that point. So if you can config a triangle with the holes that point to Thoms mark...you might be able to "tree this coon"
oroliciously
rangler

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just kidding about beating you to it. ;D Without a picture showing the correct orientation, the area that feels like a target zone, will probably be way off at that distance. Triangulation should be the right way to land where you need. Seems like at this point, you should just take a compass reading to help keep you on track while you walk it off. Doesn't seem like declination would be an issue right now.

Rangler. The information that states it may be isosceles is already there. Three forms of numbers are present. Three (triangle formed by drill holes), Four (arabic formed by drill holes), Five (arabic, set in stone).

Now, with proper orientation of the camera, to North, we may get a better perspective of which way this sleeping dog lies.

Line of sight should point in the correct direction. The distance information might be derived from the ratios rangler wrote of earlier on.

Too bad this guy doesn't know where this rock is.........or does he?

Attachments

• CanadianFoot.jpg
    CanadianFoot.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 531
  • CanadianFoot.jpg
    CanadianFoot.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 490

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread