cave drawings but what do they mean?????????

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
whites coin shooter and my fav the quick draw 2 bounty hunter

Attachments

• imagesCA05FVKF.jpg
    imagesCA05FVKF.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 730

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Tman,
It means that the shaman, considered this place sacred and more than likely
his pictographs were looking for success in a hunt, or gave thanks afterwords
for the same...that item in the center with the 4 double lines represents the
sun, maybe he was saying " it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood"..
would be my neighbor..? could you be my neighbor...
with out committing genocide
on my entire race??
hope this helps
rangler

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheez, another game player. Thanks, Montana Jim for unmasking him. :coffee2:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a memorial to the squished tick that killed the cat, and the wicked, split tailed dog is laughing about it as he's running away in the moonlight. :icon_scratch:

In a more serious vein; I wonder if that upside down cup and the cup with the strike mark inside it are trail symbols hidden in an Indian pictograph.............like Old Dog illustrated in one of his posts. :dontknow:

OP
OP
treasureman1414

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
I think it's a memorial to the squished tick that killed the cat, and the wicked, split tailed dog is laughing about it as he's running away in the moonlight. :icon_scratch:

In a more serious vein; I wonder if that upside down cup and the cup with the strike mark inside it are trail symbols hidden in an Indian pictograph.............like Old Dog illustrated in one of his posts. :dontknow:
ok thanks for every1 who responded and yes i know they wer on his sight but i had just allways been curious as to what they mean so no im not another game player

OP
OP
treasureman1414

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
rangler said:
Tman,
It means that the shaman, considered this place sacred and more than likely
his pictographs were looking for success in a hunt, or gave thanks afterwords
for the same...that item in the center with the 4 double lines represents the
sun, maybe he was saying " it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood"..
would be my neighbor..? could you be my neighbor...
with out committing genocide
on my entire race??
hope this helps
rangler
thanks

OP
OP
treasureman1414

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
game player???? i am most certantly not i did in fact find these on the guys websight if i was to find them i would have said so

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasureman1414 said:
Shortstack said:
game player???? i am most certantly not i did in fact find these on the guys websight if i was to find them i would have said so

The title of your thread and your initial post mentioned nothing about that picture being found on someone's website. The wordings lead the readers to believe you had photographed those signs in some park or other. Another forum member was familiar with that pic and pointed out that it was "picked" from that other website. So, quite naturally, it appeared that you were playing some kind of "gotcha" game. I respectfully suggest that in the future you be a bit more clear in your posts. If you had simply stated that it was a photo you'd found on the net and were wondering if anyone could decipher it would have been more direct and easily worked with.

Now, there is a book entitled, The Rocks Begin to Speak, by LaVan Martineau that will be an excellent tutorial. That book was found by forum member Old Dog and he passed the info on to the rest of us.

And, a belated "welcome to the forum" to you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
treasureman1414

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
treasureman1414 said:
Shortstack said:

The title of your thread and your initial post mentioned nothing about that picture being found on someone's website. The wordings lead the readers to believe you had photographed those signs in some park or other. Another forum member was familiar with that pic and pointed out that it was "picked" from that other website. So, quite naturally, it appeared that you were playing some kind of "gotcha" game. I respectfully suggest that in the future you be a bit more clear in your posts. If you had simply stated that it was a photo you'd found on the net and were wondering if anyone could decipher it would have been more direct and easily worked with.

Now, there is a book entitled, The Rocks Begin to Speak, by LaVan Martineau that will be an excellent tutorial. That book was found by forum member Old Dog and he passed the info on to the rest of us.

And, a belated "welcome to the forum" to you. :thumbsup:
thank you for letting me know bout puting that i found it on some1s web sight i am new to this thanks for the tip and just wanted to micsure no 1 thout i was some sorta game player cuz im not and i will check that book out thanks again, t man

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
treasureman1414 said:
Shortstack said:

Hey, I just thought you could get the guy who posted it to say something about it... I dunno, maybe it's not his picture.

My intent was not to "face" anyone, although, I've seen many pretenders here, and those who pretend to ID stuff too.

Good luck - trust nobody.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I'm no expert..but I "think" when you see a long line with cross lines on it like below that frog or whatever it is..it oftens refers to time..like days and weeks. Like.. "we traveled 15 days"

When I see something like this..I have to chuckle at a ufo lovin acquaintance who looks forward to meeting aliens. If we can not decipher this..made by humans..how will we ever communicate with another race.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....and next to the sun is a horny toad who got run over by a truck. Just jokin, I'll be nice. These are Indian petroglyphs. They were pecked into the desert patina on rocks. The pic appears to be a small section of a larger panel, so you really can't interpret it much without knowin where it is or what else is on there. I almost think it's on Newspaper Rock, and I'll try to check back on my pics of that. I spend some time wanderin around SE Utah lookin at those. For the most part, I don't believe they're treasure symbols. (There are some that don't 'fit' with the others) They do impart some information though. Location of water, villages, animals in the area, space aliens that visited here (just kiddin). I got a copy of "The Rocks Begin to Speak". I questioned it at first, but takin it out in the field that guy was dead on about a lot of things.

OP
OP
treasureman1414

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
RGINN said:
....and next to the sun is a horny toad who got run over by a truck. Just jokin, I'll be nice. These are Indian petroglyphs. They were pecked into the desert patina on rocks. The pic appears to be a small section of a larger panel, so you really can't interpret it much without knowin where it is or what else is on there. I almost think it's on Newspaper Rock, and I'll try to check back on my pics of that. I spend some time wanderin around SE Utah lookin at those. For the most part, I don't believe they're treasure symbols. (There are some that don't 'fit' with the others) They do impart some information though. Location of water, villages, animals in the area, space aliens that visited here (just kiddin). I got a copy of "The Rocks Begin to Speak". I questioned it at first, but takin it out in the field that guy was dead on about a lot of things.
lol thanks

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
Montana Jim said:
treasureman1414 said:
Shortstack said:

Hey, I just thought you could get the guy who posted it to say something about it... I dunno, maybe it's not his picture.

My intent was not to "face" anyone, although, I've seen many pretenders here, and those who pretend to ID stuff too.

Good luck - trust nobody.
hey I'm the one who pretends to id stuff...lol ;D 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread