fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the poster is from a foreign land. What I see in some of the pictures appears to be a cross carved into the stone. I am sure he is trying his best to convey his questions in English. They are just a little confusing.
What I don't understand is the first reply?

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
what i don't understand is when the canoe turns over and the wheels are sticking up how many pancakes can you put in the dog house true or false?
just joking.... :tongue3:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I have no clue.

It appears the poster is from Turkey and we seem to have a bit of a language barrier.

Ok, a lot of a language barrier.

Just saying..

;D

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
What we need to know or find out is "when is a frog when it turns"? It's kinda ob..wait, what?

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 5:30 but dont think I can make it. :dontknow: lol :laughing9:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
traderoftreasures said:
what i don't understand is when the canoe turns over and the wheels are sticking up how many pancakes can you put in the dog house true or false?
just joking.... :tongue3:
Are they blueberry pancakes?

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Babacan.

Interesting photos you have there. the first one almost looks like the top of a skull, I would very much like to see it agian from a left & right angle picture, and also pulled back just a bit.
the third & last photos are clearly something, I just lack the expertise to be able to tell you what it means.

If your from Turkey, you have some amazing history all around you ( I'm invious ) please ask you friend if there are other photos you may post.
I'm sure there are some Smarterthanmeoligist here, that could give you a serious evaluation.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Babacan:
Has anyone ever pointed out to you that your photos show country that is very much like areas of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and California?? Just curious.

If those stones pictured are in Turkey or close by, they MIGHT be boundary markers for land ownership. Have you checked the history of the area (country) to find out what kinds of official marks were used in land surveys? That might help you and your friend to eliminate many marked stones you have found. If I remember correctly, he Romans left their marks everywhere they went. Other groups probably did, too. If you can find examples of those official marks used down through the centuries and make copies in your notebook, they will help you to sift out the "normal" stuff and see what you have left to decode. Ask the curators at your museums for that information. DO NOT tell them you are looking for treasures. They'll refuse to help you. Just tell them you do a lot of walking in the hills and have noticed those curious marks in the stones and boulders and want to learn more about them. Then, let him (or her) do most of the talking. Folks like that LOVE to demonstrate their knowledge. LOL

Good luck

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
shortstack;
Great answer. Logical, straight forward, and to the point. Tell as little as possible and let the other person do the talking. I would add to that, take notes and obtain any imagery of symbols the museum might be willing to part with. Offer to share some of your info, so long as it's not critical, with them for their help.

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
I smell the slightest whiff of a s**m :tongue3:

Or as BABACAN would put it......

Ben en ince bir scam esintisini sezerim.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I think his friend feels that he may have found something that may be a trail marker, first photo forward and backward, trail can be worked both directions. Also the cross may be to indicate the trail divides into four directions

OP
OP
BABACAN

BABACAN

May 21, 2010
TÜRKİYE
Dear friends, I took these pictures in the field and those on the stones to me it was interesting to me if you have information about different geldi.Sizlerbunlar Please help me ..

Thank you for your attention

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KJohn:
Looks like you might be right. Isn't "sizler...." a German prefix for something "sh---y. I used to occasionally use a German word for "sh--" that sounded really similar to that word in his last post.
I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time. :dontknow:

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
Shortstack said:
KJohn:
Looks like you might be right. Isn't "sizler...." a German prefix for something "sh---y. I used to occasionally use a German word for "sh--" that sounded really similar to that word in his last post.
I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time. :dontknow:

The verb in German is scheissen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread