May 3, 2003
upstate ny

Attachments

• greek.JPG
    greek.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 841

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Tree stumps are a common Jesuit marker, and they never used graffiti. They didnt have to. You should have published the stump.

OP
OP
swizzle

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
My buddy has the pics on his computer. I'll see if he'll post them for everyone to see. He highlighted the letters in red and then wrote them out on a sheet of paper and then I copied that into the paint program. I guess it is possible that something might have been lost in the interpetation. Any idea what any of this says? What the heck is Jesuit? Swizzle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???

Attachments

• runes1.gif
    runes1.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 901
  • rune chart.gif
    rune chart.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 834

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 th symbols say THORNMAN.....? Not real sure though!

OP
OP
swizzle

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Yes these were found on a tree that looks to have been cut down within the last decade or so. In the upstate NY region. Why does that help with the interpitation? Swizzle

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well...according to the top picture Michelle posted, this is what it translates to...which to me dosen't make any more sense than the original drawings.. :o

esus
pæres
sædw
druididm
esus
thx
sfgx

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
swizzle said:
Yes these were found on a tree that looks to have been cut down within the last decade or so. In the upstate NY region. Why does that help with the interpretation? Swizzle
Because in researching that area, and knowing who the explorers were ,It helps in pinpointing the language code used during those time periods .....It also helps pinpoint the many legends that are from that area......
How big around was the stump? Pictures would help immensely

B

brunoflipepr

im betting on modern goofy "wiccan" kids trying to write in runes

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Don't have a clue really...but here's what I figure. :D

There is untamed potential, but not here. Change locations and success to you.

There is a secret marker, hidden. It will reveal a message and lead you to another site.
Success to you.

When you find the next message you will make a breakthrough to the next and you will gain prosperity.

You are going to need a partner for success in finding the next breakthrough. It is in a challenging place.

Will take teamwork to find. Make sure it's someone you trust, watch your back! Untamed potential..success.

Get a contract with your partner. Look for the message. Watch your back...success.

Keep in mind.....Nana REALLY don't have a clue!~ ;) :D
Would like to see that picture though!

OP
OP
swizzle

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I'm guessing the tree is about 3 feet round. By no means a monster and like I said maybe been cut down within the last decade. My friend is hoping to have his roadrunner back on this week. I'll make sure he post the pic for you guys. It is on a trail that is opposite of a rather popular hiking trail. It's maybe a mile into the woods along a very narrow runoff. Jason

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
djui5 said:
Well...according to the top picture Michelle posted, this is what it translates to...which to me dosen't make any more sense than the original drawings.. :o

esus
pæres
sædw
druidism
esus
thx
sægx
Just 2 changes there. You have to remember that Futhark (rune writing) is just the script - beyond that you have to know the original language as well (Old Germanic, one of the Gaelic dialects, ???). I think I have to agree on the 'modern Wiccan' idea, because the Celts didn't refer to their beliefs as Druidism.
Gord

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting, thanks :)

It's still all "greek" to me :P

Top Member Reactions