Three holes to Heart magic

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can still find some of the real deal military issue bug juice at one of the military surplus stores in the Phoenix area (or anywhere else), stock up on it. It was proven in Vietnam and was STILL being issued when I was in Alaska at the end of the 1970s. Alaska has the worse mosquito and stinging knats in the WORLD and it kept them from landing. It will soften the wax in your leather goods (boots) and soften your plastic watch crystal. But it's worth it. ;D

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
zanyzonies said:
Shorty Stack & Old Dog,
Thank you for the advice and help. Puma Punku looks very interesting in deed. and when (not if) I go be assured, I'm like a Japanese tourist with a 1800 picture digital camera!.....

Remember, Puma Punku is in Bolivia, not far from Tiahuanacu - not Peru. I'd sure like to go there.

My searching buddy worked in Peru for a few years back in the '70's and got in with the mountain locals, who, like your pals, knew where to look for abandoned Spanish loot. A lot of hasty caches have been recovered, not by following rock carvings but by methodical hunting with metal detectors. Ask your buddies about the hidden ancient tunnels and the 'life-sized-golden-statue-holding-the-ear-of-corn' legend.

Another searching companion of mine spent his years in the Peruvian jungle lowlands prospecting the rivers with a government permit. His stories about the insects were incredible. The bugs devoured all his high tech gear when he first arrived and drove him back to town. He went back in with the following gear: big roll of high-mil Visquene construction plastic for shelter and a kilo of garlic that he wore around his neck continuously to keep the bugs at bay. By the way, when he got upstream to the plateau-foothills region, he encountered the 'underground-boring-machines' at work beneath a village (the machine dried up their river). Ah ... South America ... so much there. Good luck and good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread