Spanish Gold Trail Markers/Monuments?

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Hi everyone! I believe a friend and I have found markers/monuments of the Spanish gold trail. I need some help with defining what they mean, like "doors" and so on. We read what they meant about 3 years ago when we first found these things, but then forgot about them until we went back today and discovered even more markers/monuments! Let me know if anybody out there can help in determining if we found anything or not. We are extremely new at this and really do need some help. One of the things we believe to be a monument is a bird about 35' tall and at the bottom of it it has a circle with a dot in it. Another thing we found in the same area is a smooth rock face standing above a river and on the rock face are a cross and some upright rectangles that we believe to be "doors". There are other things in the area, like 7's and hearts but I don't know if we are just wishfully thinking or not as to whether these things have meaning or not. HELP!!
Thanks!!

P

pickshovel

Wow, 35' markings. If you can, please post a picture of this and any others you see.

More than likely your near old Spanish mines. The problem is they could be right below your feet. As the Spanish mining expeditions were forced to leave the area, many Indian tribes concealed and covered up the openings. Some of these openings are just big enough to wiggle through and VERY DANGEROUS! Remember don't go in unless you are fully prepared.

The cool thing is you found the markings and somebody took a lot of time to leave these signs. Record what you can. GOOD LUCK! ;)

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
post pics if possible......is the cross single lined or double lined ? is it in one of the rectangular boxes ? is it straight up and down or tilted ? many questions concerning the bird and its positioning too ...........................circle with dot could mean '' 3 '' or '' gold '' .....gldhntr

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
gldhntr said:
post pics if possible......is the cross single lined or double lined ? is it in one of the rectangular boxes ? is it straight up and down or tilted ? many questions concerning the bird and its positioning too ...........................circle with dot could mean '' 3 '' or '' gold '' .....gldhntr

Hello!
And thank you for your interest in helping us! We did take pictures of the area and the symbols, but when we came to my home to download those pictures on my computer we discovered the photo chip on my friends camera was not compatible with what I have loaded on here so I will have to go back and use my own digital to get those pictures. Because I am not good with directions I can't tell you if they were facing north or south but I can tell you that there is a flat rock face on one side of the river that has crosses and rectangles carved into it. That rock face is approximately 80' tall and the crosses and rectangles are better viewed between 11 and noon and they seem to be angled to be parallel to the river. On the opposite side of the river there is a bird "sculpted" out of a rock that stands alone and it is approximately 35' or so tall. At the base of the bird there is a circle carved into the stone and that circle has a dot in the center of it. Leading to the area where you can see these things there is a BIG rock that has a X in it that goes from one edge of the rock to the other so the X encompasses the entire rock. In that same area we have found heart shaped rocks and rocks that have 7s in them. I don't know if that will help you to help us, but I will be going back to this area next week and will take photos to send on.

Thanks again,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread