Beech Tree.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,870
OP
OP
S

Stoneside

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
Is text like this in the tree old? How long will writing be visible in beech trees? Thanks

Attachments

• Beech Tree November 14.jpg
    Beech Tree November 14.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,500
OP
OP
S

Stoneside

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
I checked more trees around and they didn't have any visible carvings. This particular tree is on a very steep mountainside. I metal detected and did not find any signs of human traffic "coke cans, shotgun shells, trash, etc..."

OP
OP
S

Stoneside

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
Does the date look as if it reads November 14, 1864 or 1964.. How old does the text look to you? This area was a very heavy civil war area. Just wondering if its from that time period. Thanks!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoneside:
That carving says, "November 14, 19 6 x" Can't make out the last number. Change your photo to a negative and adjust the contrast a little bit and you might be able to bring out that last digit.

If I were overly suspicious, I'd wonder why the "E" in Novermber has a longer middle line and why the carver used a lower case "r" and upper cases in the other letters. Then, why use a much smaller "9" than the other numbers and what is that last digit. Does any of these things mean anything more than the carver not having good control of his knife or that his knife was dull???? Can't answer that one. :dontknow:

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
stoneside;
In the first pic, middle symbol, there is a long horizontal line that stops under the date area and points at a number of horizontal marks at about 5 o'clock under the 'November' date. Can you get a picture of those marks?

There also appears to be a square to the left of and is part of the same middle symbol.?

OP
OP
S

Stoneside

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
So how do I go about finding out what these symbols mean? I tried searching briefly online but no luck. Is there someone that studies these symbols and could help me out? Also not in picture, there is a well defined X carving in tree. Looks like many of them you see in pictures online. Just thaught I would throw that out there. Thanks a lot guys for all your help!

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
grillz said:
stoneside;
How high up on the tree are these carvings?

Stoneside, I think he is asking are these carvings average standing man height or are they higher... as in to be seen from horse back.

I can't say what these carvings "are" or "are not" with any certainty. Trail related, treasure related, or fun graffitti related... no idea.

The date appears to me to clearly say November 14 1868.

(I sent you a PM as well Stoneside)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoneside:
If you haven't done so already; go to the KGC section and read everything there AND save all website links given by posters to study at some leasure time. You'll quickly be able to see who are serious researchers and searchers and who are naysayers and trolls. If you choose to put the naysayers and trolls on your "Ignore" list, you'll be better able to read the posts without distraction.
SOMETIMES it pays to read naysayers comments as a balance to your research, but they often do more to UPSET that balance than any help they might give.
I haven't been on the KGC section lately, but 2 of the people who seem to have a lot of experience are Texas Jay and Rebel-KGC. I will now add Hoss to that list as he's posted some straightforward and honest evaluations.
Build up a file on the known KGC symbols and codes and copies of posted photos illustrating code trees others have found. After you get started on your project, never, never, never move any symbolic items you may dig up during your trail tracking. Be very careful and leave them in position and laying just as they are uncovered. Do not move them in any way, shape, or form. Study them and then RECOVER them. You might need to come back to it later for more study.
Lastly, be very careful of who you trust with your info in the area where you live. Many folks believe, and I'm one of them, that there are still Sentinels at work today.

OP
OP
S

Stoneside

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
This is on the same tree. Another X is on another tree very close by. The X's are higher up on the trees. and both facing the same way.

Attachments

• X on Tree.jpg
    X on Tree.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,452

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Hoss. Looks like those "mainstream historians" have been suckered. :laughing7: :laughing7:

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Hoss KGC

Please do not quit posting....there are at least a few of us actually on the ground searching!

Oddrock

HOOSIERau

Jan 5, 2011
IN
As I dont get to go out in the field to see these things, I get 100% of my info from those that can (youz guyz). Keep posting and keep giving us great insight, info, and inspiration. No skepticism here !

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Hoss KGC said:
...... As I'm sure many on this forum would agree with, it is very hard to figure out what you accept as valid information. Seems impossible to me to confince you of anything. :dontknow:
Still your friend,
Big Hoss

I'm with Hoss on this one. I too used to think the 'KGC crowd' was delusional, even though my first discussion of the subject was with the Grand KGC Kahuna himself, back in '98, when he explained that the 'Spanish signs' I knew about were something else entirely. With the encouragement of another well-informed person, who offered to help me, I reluctantly opened my eyes and steadily proved to myself that there is indeed a wide-spread organization responsible for creating an incredible number of exceedingly complex 'treasure layouts' all across the western USA and beyond. I don't know who they are, what the clues refer to or why, but I can testify that it's a real deal.

SWR, I share your attitude about a lot of rubbish that is posted on this forum re 'treasure signs', but your denial of such an 'organization' (or 'KGC' as many insist), rational and logical as your arguements are, is ill-conceived IMHO. Nobody can prove the arguement to you because the whole thing is undocumented - the only way you'll be convinced will be to convince yourself based on the evidence you find yourself. This takes lots of time, and if you're lucky you may someday find a mentor to shorten the journey and help set you on a path to open your eyes.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
anyone think the date carving,was made with a dif tool,then the other carvings
and possibly 2 dif people made the carvings, the date carving,looks sloppy,and
the other carvings,have precise lines,and a looks like someone took their time
to make them

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
[mod] Terms of Use Violation AGAIN!!!!! STOP TALKING DOWN TO AND BEING RUDE/INSULTING TO OTHER MEMBERS OR LEAVE!!!!!!!FINAL WARNING!! [/mod]

OP
OP
S

Stoneside

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
Ok my question is this. What do these symbols mean? Do you think there is sentinels still out there? If this does lead to gold, and coins, has anyone ever found any? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for all yalls help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread