Number 8 Pelrata st superstition mountains

Soulie

Mar 16, 2011
Hey there, Have only been following these stories for a few hours now, have got me quite fascinated with the idea of problem solving etc, so please forgive me im a total newbie to all of this! Just thought i would post this for ideas, found it via google earth in the area of the superstition mountains, i understand the number "8" is highly significant in the days when the map makers were ordered by the crown to make there cache maps under a certain coding, i also understand that few landmarks were meant to be seen from above (obviously!) and that the number "8" has a significance of cache in possible area, i have studied the stones for only a few hours but find a lot of religious significance within the stones that i wont go on about here, however this was of interest and can be seen from the ground if you knew what you were looking for! it measures about 80 meters in length and 30 meters at its widest. I understand many of the trails in the area are of original origin from way back in the 1800's. This particular area seem to have no visible interest.No trails, roads or car parks, seems coincidentally the same as shown on the stones. Any ideas????

Attachments

• num8.jpg
    num8.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 349

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that aerial photo shows an area where off road riders have made a figure "8" race track. You can see the trails above and below the figure. The top trail goes into the stream bed.

OP
OP
S

Soulie

Mar 16, 2011
Many thanks, i didn't want to presume anything, wasn't sure if it was an old track being used as the dimensions are almost exact ie, 80 by 30m, Thanx for the response, have found another possible marker (heart) that is definitely of age that could scratch the heads a little more, will post separately. Thanks again for your expertise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread