horse? and...

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Shortstack, There does seem to be a fair number of possibilities in this area. Thanks for your many ideas.

Minetrees...well you can see what is to the right partially. Some familiar looking things to me though i was concentrating on the possible previous work that was defaced.

Old dog Thanks! It does look a dog for sure looking that way. You sure do get around. I find old dogs all over New Mexico. hehehe Your advice always taken. And appreciated.

Goverton - you are not nuts. At least not over this, I am seeing that too.

I figure the Spanish here worked over some previous work but i could be wrong! Often am lol. This was in mid to late afternoon. I would imagine different time of day things would pop out better.

Okey..the owls around here seem to be different than other owls i have seen. Cruder somehow. You are good at picking them out though.

Springfield.. Thanks. (moonies? hehehe)

A friend sent me a marked up pic of this which i can not post because it is a little risque and that pretty much shook the pattern loose from my mind plus made me laugh.

But not totally. I disagree and think there are a few things there that seem artificial.

I do recall hearing of a couple tales - The Sorceror..which I am thinking might be Navajo or Pueblo and the The Witch Under the Mountain which might be Italian or Iberian.

Those came to mind when I started looking at it.

Rangler - thanks for comment.

To all thanks again.

Just a hint, for relief carvings on panels only,
I've found looking for a hind leg or hock and their charateristic shape whether it be horse, calf, bull or lamb is a good way to identify them.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know when you look at it,Horse and what appears to be a man below horse looking opposite direction of horse, the man
appears to be in a low ceiling cave!

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Maybe i will get out that way this year and take more pics goverton. Not sure. But, it does seem spanish had their fingers all over it. More...lost history...lol as that is not supposed to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread