TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site will
Help me on the nights that I cannot sleep.

I know several of the folks at the courthouse now.

There was a time that I didn’t know anyone there.

Most of them will take me one or two steps beyond what I have thought about, like legal description and historical information. They just take me with them, into the vault!

It’s much simpler when they do most of the thinking 🤔 and work!

But those nights that I paint myself into a corner,
That site can save that little bit of sanity that I still have.

Thanks.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been looking around to see if I posted anything stupid last night or early this morning! Apparently I was up around 3am. On Facebook... I’ve been fixing posts that my wife saw.
Nothing bad, just leaving words out and stuff...

I guess I just woke up hungry... that would explain the plate with the biscuit crumbs on my chest when I woke up at the crack of noon!?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just remembered something last night, that I haven’t thought about in over thirty five years!

I have twice as much gold than I realized!!

I have an old fountain pen with a twenty four karat solid gold nib on it!!! I don’t know what it weighs for sure, but I’m sure that it’s more than I have tucked away in my little glass bottle...
It is put up in a very safe place and has been, for over three decades.

It’s been at least that long since I made it. The pens retailed for four to five hundred bucks, back then.

The only one that I kept from making them for two years. They didn’t leave my hands to be sold unless they were perfect.

It was the only one that ever died on the last step.
It wouldn’t click the top to the bottom unless I twisted it a quarter of a turn.
It doesn’t seem like much effort to me, but if you were paying that much for a hand made fountain pen, you would want it to be perfect....

I hope I can remember where that safe place is!?!

I’ll find it sooner or later and take a picture of it, just so you won’t think I’ve lost my mind...

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just remembered something last night, that I haven’t thought about in over thirty five years!

I have twice as much gold than I realized!!

I have an old fountain pen with a twenty four karat solid gold nib on it!!! I don’t know what it weighs for sure, but I’m sure that it’s more than I have tucked away in my little glass bottle...
It is put up in a very safe place and has been, for over three decades.

It’s been at least that long since I made it. The pens retailed for four to five hundred bucks, back then.

The only one that I kept from making them for two years. They didn’t leave my hands to be sold unless they were perfect.

It was the only one that ever died on the last step.
It wouldn’t click the top to the bottom unless I twisted it a quarter of a turn.
It doesn’t seem like much effort to me, but if you were paying that much for a hand made fountain pen, you would want it to be perfect....

I hope I can remember where that safe place is!?!

I’ll find it sooner or later and take a picture of it, just so you won’t think I’ve lost my mind...

#/;0{>~

Found it...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1513229184.270180.jpg

I haven’t lost my mind!
Yet

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been sorting photos. Looking for important ones to add to the book...

This one is iconic! There is a lot here, just covered with moss and hidden behind the trees.

Weekender is literally standing on the presuppose of many great discoveries.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1513665452.218425.jpg

Look through the beautiful green velvet...

#/80{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas to all of my TNET family and friends.

God bless us, every one....

Mikel
#/:0)(•)(••)

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas to you and all the who seeks God's treasure. He gave us the best already and I thank Him for it. May God Bless us in the years to come.

Bob

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankful for the gift of undying love, that shines through our imperfections.

Mikel

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must not have slept well last year, I'm having trouble getting up and going, this year...

#/:0{>~

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that I’m off to a slow start this year, but I am working on background and pinning down the timeline a bit better. I’m satisfied that it’s correct, but there will be a few folks that won’t accept coincidence as fact. Even a strong theory can be gutted with a few sharp knives... when I go out on a limb.

Literally...
my older brother and I were clearing a spot about ten to fifteen feet up a tree for a treehouse, when we were young. Since he was the oldest he decided that we should swap knives, since mine was longer...

Out on a limb, his first swing was not recalibrated to the new length an he took off about half of his left thumbnail and most of the meat below. With only a small strand holding it together.

He started to run to the cabin, only to realize that we were far from the ground floor, so he grabbed me to steady himself and he went off first and I landed on him.

Holding his thumb with his right hand, he ran in the front door , and found Mom visiting with our new neighbor who just happened to be a retired MASH nurse, she grabbed him up , ran to the kitchen and filled his right hand with sugar and tied his hands together so that the sugar wouldn’t leak out.

She stayed with the rest of us kids.

I asked where she learned that and she said Korea, only they used salt...
Ouch!!

By the time they got to the hospital, his thumb had already started knitting back to the point that they didn’t Even stitch it up

Still comes to mind when I go out on a limb!!

I would love to just publish it, and share my belief that I’m right but don’t like the thought someone might want to switch knives in mid story...

Hang in there with me just little longer, I hope to make it worth the wait!

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. I’m going out on that proverbial limb... Hang in there

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515741748.590203.jpg

This is from Orangeman’s site, about 70 miles West-ish ,from my site. As the crow flies.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515742955.975712.jpg

This
One is from mine and
weekender’s site. Look [emoji102] closely at the owl” left wing....

And now the important shot....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515743185.870209.jpg

That little square spot is “ one of” Hernando”s, coat of arms, stamped into coins after his death.

They all look very similar and our sites are very close to his final expedition trail circa 1540>1541

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what it means when an owl turns it’s back to you?

#/80{>~?

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Playing hard to get" ?? LOL sorry couldn't resist, I would like to know though

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you mean a standing owl rock/monument? Like a silhouette?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are harder to figure, it's likely an owl silhouette (the "M" shaped ears give it away). What you might be looking for is an individual lichen eye looking, which in your case would be on it's lower right side, and it looks down and to the right. IMG_2242 (4) eyeball.jpg

These (small) owls placed along cliff sides often lead to a spot out away from the cliff, where other things will line up or point to or look toward. Sometimes there is a medium size rock or boulder that is shaped or pointed on the top like an "A" frame or pyramid shape rock that will line up with the V of the ears over to a spot. When you stand over the spot , there may be a some small square notches that becomes visible , or a small hoyo up in the cliff that appears (even just a sunlit one at a certain time of day) telling you that you are in the right location or over a correct marker, there is no single one way but several variations. They can also lead to a spot where it's directly over something in a tunnel, but you have to find the spot where the tunnel entrance is which can be done but it's more difficult than finding the "directly over it" spot, where you would have to mine thru solid rock to get to it. Several possible variations, but it gives some ideas to look for.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread