TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel,
Thoughts and prayers for your dad.
And don't forget to take care of yourself.
Mike

Thanks mike.
I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

We are hoping that this procedure will fix his sticky valve. It’s not closing, so his surgeon thinks that stretching it out with a balloon will get it working right.
The next step up will be to replace the valve with a mechanical valve.

It gets scary from time to time.

Prayers are very helpful. Thanks.

Mikel
#/;0{>~

Check your PMs.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank all of you, for your prayers.

Yesterday was a tough day for all my family, but due to the knowledge that many people were praying for my dad, we all made it through the day.

Dad’s surgeon walked into the room where we were waiting..
He was smiling from ear to ear. We knew before he was completely through the door, that he was bringing good news.

Dad has new life in his old body.

I am so thankful for my Tnet family and for the prayers for Dad and me.

There were moments that were very difficult, that I might not have held up to, had I not known that you were there with me in spirit and faith.
Thank you, one and all.

Mikel

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very welcome Mikel. Tell Dad hello from all that had prayers for him.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great news Amigo, the glory belongs to God, thanks for letting us know, we can all now rejoice.

Su Amigo

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are slowly getting back to normal and I hope to get back to concentrating on the details in the book again.

Thank you all for helping me through this rough spot. It has taken quite a bit of my energy, but these things are part of getting older.

I guess it is true that it isn’t how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up!

However with Dad’s experience in law enforcement, he will tell you that it doesn’t work that way in a field sobriety test.....!

#/;0{>~(c)

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been condensing paperwork on the site from the early years and shredding duplicates and putting things in the right order.

As I glanced over a photo from our second trip, that my, then, first partner Jim took with a 35 mm camera, while I was working on a message board some twenty feet up a bluff, and noticed an upside down heart, just above my head.

I will excuse myself, as I was out on a very narrow ledge, but at the same time, I’m not sure if I would be so kind, had it been Jim hanging out there on that ledge. I would have expected him to see it.

The photo process date was August, 2003.

That makes it the longest time that I have (so far) gone on this site without noticing such a mark.

I believe that ten years has been the longest, until I have noticed. I’ll try to scan it so everyone can make it out.

#/;0{>~(c)

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying out a cordless keyboard.....
Now I can type while holding two devices the same time.

This post has taken 20 minutes...

Not seeing the “up” side yet.....

PM.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is actually a clock.

If you ever see this, I is time to run.
This was posted a short time ago by a friend (on Facebook)

She is a retired librarian and she walks a lot of trails and takes beautiful and sometimes spooky pictures.

I have asked her if she took the picture, but she hasn’t got back to me yet.

If it is near or on her farm, I might not go down that road again, till Halloween is over at least.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538359151.786498.jpg

A little creepy, ain’t it!?!
#/;0{>~

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is actually a clock.

If you ever see this, I is time to run.
This was posted a short time ago by a friend (on Facebook)

She is a retired librarian and she walks a lot of trails and takes beautiful and sometimes spooky pictures.

I have asked her if she took the picture, but she hasn’t got back to me yet.

If it is near or on her farm, I might not go down that road again, till Halloween is over at least.

View attachment 1637885

A little creepy, ain’t it!?!
#/;0{>~

YYEEESSSS, creepy. When I was just a puppy I was told that one inhabitant of that building could knock a man down.
I have no desire to test that saying. The camera got in the perfect direction for this one. Good going whosoever did it.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She confirmed that it is real and on her farm.

But, She did not take the picture because she didn’t want to get close to it, so she let her son go back to get the picture.

I was working on one of my projects outside and a really big hornet [emoji219] buzzed close to my head!

I thought about this picture and slowly turned the fan toward it, rather than smack it.

That just gives me the chills every time that I think about it!!!

#/;0{>~

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like they knew what they were building.:o

It reminded me of some killer bees I have to take care of. I was in an old barn looking for some scrap material to make me a holey moley post hole digger when I saw them. What are all these bees doing here, I wondered. Looking down I saw that they were going into the seed exit of an old John Deere seed hopper that was sitting upside down on the sand next to me. I had gone around a lot of junk just to get there, glad they didn't attack me as I made a slow exit.

I have been meaning to go at night to pour some insect killer down that seed exit, but keep forgetting. I only seem to remember during the day when I go near that barn.:dontknow:

Homar

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been attacked by the underground type before,
They were mad at my uncle for brush-hogging and went over them. There were about a dozen of us that were outside when it happened.

I was confused when I saw my uncle jump off of the tractor while it was in gear and running. I thought everyone was trying to catch the tractor, but they were going the wrong way!!

It was about ten seconds later when I felt the first sting.

We all looked like a patchwork quilt with pink and white spots painted all over us.

I can’t imagine how bad killer bees [emoji219] would be

#/80o•:•*

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, just a few weeks ago I was walking to a spot I was going to detect and try and pinpoint. On the way, I saw this large odd depression where it looked like something had been dug out before , so I start scraping the ground away with my foot, and all these little yellow and black things start coming out of the edge of the depression.... so I ran like hell, about a 100 yards, kinda towards my location I was interested in, noticed I wasn't followed and stopped. So I walk over to the spot and about step on another ground nest right where I was going detect, yellow jackets coming out everywhere, haha. I got a good workout that day, hard to run with a 50 pound backpack of gear on.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that it is cold enough when we get to Nwaher’s old site that we don’t have to worry about those.
I’m packing lite, but my rule #3 still counts.

If you see me running, try to keep up!
Because something really bad is somewhere behind me!

#/;0{>~(c)

Mother Superior

Jan 18, 2017
Quebec city
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that it is cold enough when we get to Nwaher’s old site that we don’t have to worry about those.
I’m packing lite, but my rule #3 still counts.

If you see me running, try to keep up!
Because something really bad is somewhere behind me!

#/;0{>~(c)

Can't wait to see more of Nwaher's, that place fascinates me.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll probably run the other direction... been stung too many times. I'm going to say, A 9volt battery though rubbed on it a little after you put some saliva or water over the spot really seems to work. Have did it several times and told others about it after they got stung. Takes all the "sting" right out of it very shortly for some reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread