Just Drill Holes

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a map to me, start at the spring, all the info that you can gather, if it is a spring. I would start lower right hand work it like its a Spring go to the head, should be a marked stone there will get you started./ I don't think its Spanish It may be outlaw/ KGC, with a little bit of Spanish influence. I have seen holes as small as a kitchen match. I would expect rocks along the trail
Dsty - I want to confirm that we did indeed find a rock at the spring as you said we would. Can you please explain how you knew a rock would be there so that I may learn?
Thank you!

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
miboje I could tell you all I know and it would take me about 45 minutes but I'm working on a cup of coffee right now.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miboje I could tell you all I know and it would take me about 45 minutes but I'm working on a cup of coffee right now.
Dsty -You may explain the whole rock to me if you wish, but it's not necessary. I do not wish to take up an extraordinary amount of your personal time, nor do I expect anyone to do all the decoding work and take me by the hand to the dig spot. I want to learn.
My original question was how did you know there would be a spring, and a rock at the spring. What if I simplified things by asking simple yes or no questions? I have been studying the rock to see if I can figure out how you determined there was a spring. Does that bluish splotch near the drill hole on the lower right side of the rock represent water? If so, does that drill hole combined with the bluish splotch represent a spring?
Thank you for your insight, Dsty.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
miboje, so much has been posted and all I know has been posted on either -- just drill holes or old hand dug holes that I have seen and others

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miboje, so much has been posted and all I know has been posted on either -- just drill holes or old hand dug holes that I have seen and others
Thank you for the reply, Dsty. I have read through both threads already and do not remember anything specific on springs symbols. I will reread both threads.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sign is a sign if it is on top of a hill or in a Spring it has the same meaning
Thank you, Dsty. That makes sense, but I still don't know what the sign is that indicated there was a spring and a rock at the spring.

Goldmember

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There may be something more to the holes because there several, but your rock is actually an Owl with a gunsite to look thru on top of it's head. There is a groove line to follow on it. You stand behind it and site over towards the left side of the picture. The drill holes are often just on important markers to get your attention. They sometimes look more like a divot that makes a shadow dot. But many of the ones I see are just a single dot, just to verify it is an important marker. They always have something else like a top line or alignment off them or gunsite type thing associated with them.
It's just giving you a line to follow or showing where another marker is that is part of a triangle. Your tape measure is setting in the cut that indicates a triangle. You only need two visible points to create the triangle. The third corner can be buried or just a spot you are to find. One corner should be thru the gunsite, the other should likely line up to the side with the top ridge of the owl head where the right or left ear is pointing.

Quinoa, I went back to the owl to look through the gun sight. Here is the view:

IMG_0760.JPG

Following the path seen through the gun sight, this is what I came across, and it is visible with binoculars through the sight:

IMG_0771.JPG

It took me a while to recognize it, but if the picture is rotated, the boulder resembles an owl, with the two drill holes for eyes (?).

If this is a second owl, it may be the second corner of the triangle you alluded to. I don't think I have found the third corner yet, unless the boulder with the carvings I posted on page 16 of this thread is the third corner. It's not quite in line with the left ear of the first owl though, like you suggested. Having it as the third corner also stretches the triangle out quite a bit. If it is the third corner of triangle, what is the significance? Does it mean that whatever I'm looking for will be found within the boundaries of the triangle?

Does anyone see anything of interest in the horizontal owl? It doesn't seem to have a gun sight like the first one did, and its eyes are facing roughly in the direction of the first owl. There are other potential (not natural) drill holes on it, notably one near the "torso" about the same size as the ones that make up the eyes.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Quinoa, I went back to the owl to look through the gun sight. Here is the view:

View attachment 1334735

Following the path seen through the gun sight, this is what I came across, and it is visible with binoculars through the sight:

View attachment 1334736

It took me a while to recognize it, but if the picture is rotated, the boulder resembles an owl, with the two drill holes for eyes (?).

If this is a second owl, it may be the second corner of the triangle you alluded to. I don't think I have found the third corner yet, unless the boulder with the carvings I posted on page 16 of this thread is the third corner. It's not quite in line with the left ear of the first owl though, like you suggested. Having it as the third corner also stretches the triangle out quite a bit. If it is the third corner of triangle, what is the significance? Does it mean that whatever I'm looking for will be found within the boundaries of the triangle?

Does anyone see anything of interest in the horizontal owl? It doesn't seem to have a gun sight like the first one did, and its eyes are facing roughly in the direction of the first owl. There are other potential (not natural) drill holes on it, notably one near the "torso" about the same size as the ones that make up the eyes.

The first picture thru the gunsite shows a marker with large blast hole on it. IMG_0760 marker.JPG There might be a couple other boulder on the skyline that are being used to align something below. The gunsite itself shows a sun heart with a small shadow of something on it's right lobe. I'm not sure what it means yet other than the distant marker is likely going to be a final marker that somehow helps lead to a spot (like in a triangle , or aligned some specific way or having a topline or cut line on it).

Edit- Decided to edit out some info about your second picture and pmed it to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
In order to verify that you have a site, I have found the distance between the markers will be total the + or - and portions of 189.5 feet or a cordel or 189.5 feet + or - 95 feet. Generally when you find a true corner marker there should be two carvings on the same boulder.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dsty - Are there any particular carvings you may find on a corner marker?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Corner markers will be vertical or horzional and 5.5 feet / 6' high or long, and generally show 3 / 4 directions

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Spring Symbol = circle kinda like a snake squiggly line with a round O with a stream symbol. That's the best I know to describe it, got a little bit of time today, thanks for understanding

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I hope this will work, There is 4 direction off this, its a horzional corner marker Thank You for the post 009, you are top of the line

sqaush

Feb 25, 2015
arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty what do you make of this? i know its not the best picture...my daughter took it while hiking 11925940_10207496659631552_436784484_n.jpg

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
VERY interesting, My opinion is the square box = a church, lines going out the top are four direction indicators with the dots, show you the lay out., My guess is that it may be a total of five with one at the locating where you are at Look around for foundation stones could be 1/2 mile away, this just looks like a map I would work it pretty hard and don't forget Google earth Old Maps of the area. You need to buy your daughter a Ice Cream cone. Looks like a Church Locations Map. I don't think they had churches every where just where they need them. My opinion and Working with tinman we discovered that the churches were 25 miles apart, AS a method of trying to see if it is true try 45 / 135/ 225 /315 degrees to see if there are corner markers at 1 1/4 miles you should be in the middle of a league square and you should be in the middle of a 25 league township , It might just come together for you.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I will correct the method of working drill holes 10 CM deep = 4 inches 10 CM wide =4 inches --( X 2 X circumference of the top of the hole =69 paces or a cordell or 189.5 feet.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dsty what is your opinion on one like these two hole? It has two holes one inside the other. triangular at that. Any thing on this one is appreciated .
7d25a91bf62b758fddc052285319340e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the whole stone
37488a8d3a8cb4bd0d23f7c1322dc0e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
bob, I have never worked a diamond shape hole and I can't tell if its on top or on the side, my guess is that it MAY be a renegade type or natural, its not anything that I have ever seen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread