Need an EXPERT to help me out! What do you see?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you're in Colorado. Since "official" monuments are often pyramidal in shape, I wonder if this is a geographical monument placed by the government or state. Is this thing anywhere close to the Continental Divide??

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Pabagal is Malaysian for "slowly". Can't really see too much else to make any sense on this. Try chalking the lines you see and shooting a pic in a little less light maybe so there is more definition. BTW I'm not an expert nor do I claim to be...:tongue3:

OP
OP
Tixiercat

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack, No where near there, It is SO HIDDEN, that I am certain it is not governmental, but I learned something from you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tixiercat

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux, Do you think that the backward J could be a G?

OP
OP
Tixiercat

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pabagal is Malaysian for "slowly". Can't really see too much else to make any sense on this. Try chalking the lines you see and shooting a pic in a little less light maybe so there is more definition. BTW I'm not an expert nor do I claim to be...:tongue3:
Thank you, that might be a very useful bit of information.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Upper left boulder could be some kind of creature with a drill hole, perhaps a map, a picture of the entire boulder with a shot from above if possible, are the dots man made or natural. You are wearing gurl shoes, good for sneaking up on SNAKES. AT least carry something to peck on the ground with or better yet a dog to warn you of danger. Watch out for the bear shaped rock smelling your foot. May be a circle --- tunnel symbol and a crest symbol. the nose shows the direction.

OP
OP
Tixiercat

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, tell me what you see, I have NO experience with this at all!

OP
OP
Tixiercat

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for your input, hopefully tomorrow will bring us one step closer to success!! :)

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Jacob Farabajal Nov 11, 1909 (or 1907). It could be a coded message, there is other weird stuff there than the signature, and missing and backwards letters.

Research the name in your county records. Check mining locations, land deeds, homestead filings, etc. Since the name is not Hispanic, chances are there may be results if you're dilligent. [Many Hispanics during this time period were not in the public record]

Check your local historical sources. Many local groups, museums, libraries, etc. have rosters of former residents, newspaper histories, etc. This name is unusual and should be easy to track. If you or a friend has an Ancestry.com subscription, you can research the name there in the census records and other sources. If you can identify the man, you may be able to figure out why he was in the vicinity of the carving.

Jacob may have simply carved his name on this prominent rock for his own amusement - not an uncommon deed in the early 20th century west. Is the rock on a trail? Maybe Jacob died on the date indicated and was buried nearby. Is the area remote?

It would be peachy to assume this is a treasure sign, but you have no reason to get excited yet. 99+% of man made signs found (carvings, cairns, blazes, etc.) have nothing to do with treasure, but have other explanations. If you find out Jacob was a train robber, then you may be onto something. Do your due dilligence.

OP
OP
Tixiercat

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research the name in your county records. Check mining locations, land deeds, homestead filings, etc. Since the name is not Hispanic, chances are there may be results if you're dilligent. [Many Hispanics during this time period were not in the public record]

Check your local historical sources. Many local groups, museums, libraries, etc. have rosters of former residents, newspaper histories, etc. This name is unusual and should be easy to track. If you or a friend has an Ancestry.com subscription, you can research the name there in the census records and other sources. If you can identify the man, you may be able to figure out why he was in the vicinity of the carving.

Jacob may have simply carved his name on this prominent rock for his own amusement - not an uncommon deed in the early 20th century west. Is the rock on a trail? Maybe Jacob died on the date indicated and was buried nearby. Is the area remote?

It would be peachy to assume this is a treasure sign, but you have no reason to get excited yet. 99+% of man made signs found (carvings, cairns, blazes, etc.) have nothing to do with treasure, but have other explanations. If you find out Jacob was a train robber, then you may be onto something. Do your due dilligence.

I have researched for DAYS and NIGHTS, nonstop! I find lots of variations but no matches. I have concluded that it is a code, I am in the process of trying to crack it. But thanks for the post.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
when i google the name Farabajal,google wants to give me
carbajal,Carvajal ,Fara Bajal,maybe try one of those,i googled,carbajal colorado territory,new spain
and got hits,from reference to 1700-1850,it might be worth checking the variation of the name
i lightened up pic,and cropped what i see, i think the arrow is interesting, not sure on the #s
i cant even guess what the critter thing is,then the word/letters c a m e
are the other pics, of whats above the letter rock

jrock.jpg acob dark.jpg
arrow on rock.jpg critter2.JPG
critter.jpg came.jpg

Attachments

• acob lite.jpg
    acob lite.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Critter looks like an possible Indian with headdress.

Attachments

• critter.jpg
    critter.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 325

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i google the name Farabajal,google wants to give me
carbajal,Carvajal ,Fara Bajal,maybe try one of those,i googled,carbajal colorado territory,new spain
and got hits,from reference to 1700-1850,it might be worth checking the variation of the name
i lightened up pic,and cropped what i see, i think the arrow is interesting, not sure on the #s
i cant even guess what the critter thing is,then the word/letters c a m e
are the other pics, of whats above the letter rock

View attachment 652590 View attachment 652591
View attachment 652593 View attachment 652594
View attachment 652595 View attachment 652596

Good try cw0909,

Since I have nothing better to do.

Like Boca Raton, Florida, meaning (mouth of the mouse).

If we read these letters backwards... Boca La Jabara, well who knows?

Last edited:

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think imho that the critter is a crowing rooster on the right looking at an upside down heart. The heart shares its right line with a deeper carved rectangle. Within this rectangle are two shallow drill holes. As for the rest i would think landscape lines. Crowing cock=early morning. Looking at shadow rectangle= look for shadow sign. Looking at critter some holes look like small drill holes(indicating layout) versus natural looking holes below critter. I'm probably wrong but have found I have to try all possibilities. Good Luck, R.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
get the book treasure sings and symbols by Charles A kenworthy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread