Face on tree - any ideas? I found tree by following bent tree near "Trail of Tears"

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Face on tree - any ideas? I found tree by following bent tree near "Trail of Tears"

Anyone have an idea what this could mean? About 12' off the ground, surrounded by burial mounds. Found it by following bent tree I found this afternoon:

face.jpg

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Figured I would get some kind of response because the same trail has been referred to by many different names, and Albert Pike is known to have frequented the area.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Chadeaux

I will venture a guess that if made by "Native American" artist the "head"?, is either looking at something of importance or standing guard over the burial mounds.

If made at a later date by someone of "masonic" knowledge then i would guess there could be a "lay-out" in the area using the same type "heads". (ex. if shown a dog's head on a tree, then look for additional dog's heads on other trees or rocks etc.) Plot on a grid or topo and go from there?

Good Luck
Oddrock

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This site is about a days ride (according to locals) from Washington, Arkansas. They have a bust of Albert Pike in the courthouse, and the upstairs was used for Masonic meetings during his time there. courthouse.jpg

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
looks like an old diseased 'tumor' nub on the tree...tons of that stuff around here.
But it could, in fact, be human created. I just see stuff like that all of the time.
How wide is the tree?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread