For Dowser 501 and Jesuit Tree Enthusiasts

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Elaine Jordan published a book with some of these trees. I have always believed they were Indian Bent trees, but now I am inclined to believe they could very well be Jesuit Markers. Thanks to all of you knowledgeable treasure folk, my eyes have been opened.

Please make comments on the photos.

Dowser, I checked on one of my favorite sites (Roundrock Journal) the other day and saw you posted an article on Jesuit Trees. I signed up as Hapannin several years ago. The moderator is a great writer.

http://www.trailtree.com/Tree.htm

By the River

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Hi By the River, that info with all those bent trees on your posting are all Indian thong trees in case anyone starts taking to them with a backhoe.
The difference is that the Indian Thong trees were meant to be noticed, and the Jesuit pointer trees were meant to be seen by only those looking for them. Will post photos of some of hundreds of less noticeable Jesuit copy cats on Australian shores within 10 minutes of my home.

The branch miming a tunnel or cave floor ( second down) is directly over a hidden cave entrance. The ancient gum tree is a West Australian variety planted maybe 300 years ago after being transported about 3,00 miles by sea to Victoria on the other side of Australia.. Notice on no. 3 photo grafted branch and bending of main tree trunk by gashing and bendingof not so prominent Jesuit marker tree in the beach scrub.

4th photo is a piece of quartz from our goldfields located maybe 200 miles away, and was equivalent to the California gold rush in the mid 1800s. I dug it up below the parsons nose on photo # one.
This is a sand dune area, and they ( the Jesuits) are saying that this is a gold cache area.
Just for fun, pic #5 is a Jesuit underground marker of a duck with a runny nose pointing downwards. Cache hunters note: This type of marker is always a decoy. They would never use anything so obvious.

Regards Max

Attachments

• P8020017.JPG
    P8020017.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 749
  • P5160001.JPG
    P5160001.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 669
  • P8020009.JPG
    P8020009.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 656
  • image039.jpg
    image039.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 652
  • P8020018-1.JPG
    P8020018-1.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 617
OP
OP
B

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Hi Max

Thanks for the comments. However the quartz didn't show up and picture # 5 was not posted.

The reason for me thinking they could possibly be Jesuit trees is because of the grafting and the parsons noses on almost all of them. You really believe the trees to be so obvious they could not be Jesuit trees.

I was quite impressed that you feel they are all Indian Thongs Trees, a lady (Indian Bent Tree enthusiast)from the southeastern Ozark area totally debunks them being Indian Thong Trees. She feels they are all quirks of nature. I am learning trees in a whole new area.

Please post more Jesuit markers so we can glean some information from the photos.

Thanks a bunch
BTR

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
In all the years I've been doing this I've never heard them called thong trees. Where does that come from?

Now what I'd like to know is what does this tree try to tell us?

Attachments

• ATT1.jpg
    ATT1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 631

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Just as bewildering, I can't figure this one out either...

Attachments

• ATT2.jpg
    ATT2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 606

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Many folks call them Indian Trail Trees. Some folks think that they were created by indians who bent down saplings and tied them down with leather thongs. Those folks also call them "thong trees". siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
B

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Hi Boat

Someone with patience took the time to braid and plait these trees to make the multiple trunks merge!

Beautiful trees to look at.

BTR

S

stefen

You can purchase braided trees yet today from SC nurseries. Many are Ficus benjamina (Weeping Fig or banyon)

Attachments

• FiBenBrd.jpg
    FiBenBrd.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 689

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread