Monuments in Old gold mining camp

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Is that first photo flipped flopped or is there a hill or mountain to our left of it?

The second looks interesting, specially the right end of it.

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
1st picture there is a mountain behind (away) the rocks
2nd picture people called it "the golden lion"

.. i take the pictures as i could, maybe when back can take better photos.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Widomanmx:
I lightened up the shadows to be able to see what was hidden. The first photo has a lot of possibilities in that whole pile, but I think I'd concentrate on that left end with the big snake head coming up out of the ground. That's a pointer for direction and there should be some information on it for distance. There are other things on the pile that could be indicating more trails, but that big pointer is probably showing the main one.

The second photo shows what looks like several symbols along the line of lighter colored rock running through the center of the monument. You need to check this lion out closely for distance and direction information and also, if there is any sign telling you to reverse direction. Otherwise, the way the lion is facing is the basic direction to travel. Look for other carved rocks and stones along the sight line of the lion.

Out of curiosity, is there another monument,......especially an eyecatcher on the top of the ridge behind the lion?

9ecg.jpg

i7wo.jpg

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers