HELP! Fresh remote tree marks.

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got cabin fever after two days of rain last weekend and when it resigned I decided to go bushwhacking
Hiked up to a fairly high hilltop (for the area) very hard place to get to and found two trees with clear hatchet marks.
Keep in mind. I had to go through lots of poison oak game/deer tunnels to get to top and once up found no easier way. (Also no kids in area)
I had my xp deus and detected the site and only found a few 1920/1930's 12ga bases. And no sign of any fresh digging.

Any ideas why someone would do this to a tree?
This is the first one I came across
You can see the lake view on the distance. This tree is only marked on one side
5ehy5y4y.jpg

This tree had both sides marked (180*), and seems to align with first tree. They are about 50 yards apart.
yvuryjur.jpg

vequ3ybu.jpg

Help!!!
Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you have any type of claw mark? It would have been faint, or teeth marks? I am thinking porcupine, OR I have done that to blaze a trail if I left a marked one, you do both sides so you can follow it back. But I was really in the middle of of a national forest, in the mountains. I would be interested if you follow it in either direction, if you find another.

OP
OP
Foot hill

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No claw or teeth marks. I could clearly see hatchet or machete cuts.
My plan is to visit the site once more and have a good search around the area and set up my infrared game trail camera, then....mention it to my nearest neighbor,(he is kind of crazy) wait a few weeks then check out some photos. ;) sneaky? Yes, I know ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread