ROCK SYMBOLS FOUND JUST OUTSIDE OF INDIAN TERRITORY!!!!

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
ROCK SYMBOLS FOUND JUST INSIDE INDIAN TERRITORY!!!!

Howdy!,

I found these rock symbols. At first I assumed it was just someones initials from the year 1955. But after some research I realized there may be a chance it is more. It may be 19 SS DB HW (WH) 55 . This is why I have decided to post on this forum and hopefully find an answer to what they may mean. The location of the symbols is just inside Indian Territory. The area was known to have outlaws come through due to the many rough saloons in the area. I have seen similar carvings in other peoples posts. I am hoping this will be the start to my first treasure hunt. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Rock Symbol 3.jpg

Rock Symbol 1.jpg

Rock Symbol 2.jpg

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like some kids initialed the rock in 55.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So are you saying it might be 4 people's initials?
Why does that mean there is treasure there?

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1955 D.B. Cooper marked the rock so that when his plan came to fruition in 1971 he would know just where to stash the loot.

A vivid imagination is a terrible thing to waste. ;P

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search of the area and look for anything you would hide something in or under. Look for a old camp fire pit and such. Good luck.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
So are you saying it might be 4 people's initials?
Why does that mean there is treasure there?

I said my first thought was that it was someones initials.Then
I researched and found that the letter B and the letter M are often clues carved into rocks for buried treasure by outlaws.
I was hoping someone with more experience than me could give me some insight on deciphering the symbols.
Or maybe someone who has found something similar.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heh - my first thought was to make a D. B. Cooper joke - heh

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm no expert on this but the symbols after 19 look like they were definitely intended to be 55 and the others are SS.

old-cabin2.jpg

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
personally, it just looks like graffiti to me. I suppose you could do some extensive research of the area where you found these marks and see if you come up with any suspected treasure leads. good luck

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
still cool find, no ones knows but the marker, thanks for sharing

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
one interesting thing is that the H is directly aligned with the cardinal directions. Also one side of the H looks thicker which may be an underlined T instead of an H.

Rock Symbol Directions 2.jpg

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool ...I'll bet if you call the guy from "America Unearthed " he would tell you the Knight's Templar carved them!

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scroll on down to the signs and symbols section. Read everything. Then post your pictures
This does look to be more that graffiti. Good job on the drawing over the photo, that's not easy.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another idea would be look up known outlaws that were known to frequent the area around to come up with a match to the initials you found.Something that LOOT pointed out could also be one other thing it could also be a cattle brand from that area there might be a ranch that has a "T bar"as their brand and that could be a lead.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would metal detect the area right around the rocks. I have metal detected around trees that had years carved in them from the 1950's and before and scored some silver coins and wheaties.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Another idea would be look up known outlaws that were known to frequent the area around to come up with a match to the initials you found.Something that LOOT pointed out could also be one other thing it could also be a cattle brand from that area there might be a ranch that has a "T bar"as their brand and that could be a lead.

The Dalton Gang did rob a store in 1894 about 3 miles from this location. None of the initials match up, but this was an area frequented by many outlaws. Being just inside of indian territory it was a hiding place for outlaws.

I am going to look into the cattle brand idea. That is a great idea. Thanks for the suggestions, back of the boat!

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1955 D.B. Cooper marked the rock so that when his plan came to fruition in 1971 he would know just where to stash the loot.

A vivid imagination is a terrible thing to waste. ;P

OMG, long lost rock of D.B. Cooper! OP, you are a legend, go find that treashuh boi!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread