Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello folks.... I posted some of these pics on a thread in Today's Finds starting last Spring. It's entitled "Metal Detecting TN. Cave / Anybody Done This". I was really hoping somebody might recognize something or make some sense of these etchings. There's many photos of this cave on the other thread if interested in viewing. There's a couple of video's also. I'm trying here now in hopes someone here might have an idea or two.

This mud mound is located just past natural daylight about 50 yds. in. This is an undocumented or known cave I've discovered. It's located in rural Middle TN. deep in a woods near the Duck River and Natchez Trace. I have not touched this mound in any way since I found it. I have dug and MD'ed around it some and found nothing. There is no way to move it without destroying it. There appears to be a small tunnel behind it but I can't get anything back there to see clearly. It's located in a low area up away from the small stream that runs threw the cave. It's up against the wall and the ceiling is very close to the mounds top.

Can anybody help or have an idea what these etched symbols mean. There are many faded symbols also that I cannot make out. The humidity has taken a toll over the years. I thought the "letters" could be ruins writing maybe. The large wavy symbol on the left and the smaller one really have me perplexed. And for this to be a sediment cast from saltpeter mining is hard to believe because the mound top is so close to the ceiling. And it's hard to believe its just a natural formed object. Any ideas folks....??? :dontknow:

Attachments

• FCB #14.JPG
    FCB #14.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 82
  • FCB #11.JPG
    FCB #11.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 83
  • FCB #10.JPG
    FCB #10.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 83
  • FCB #09.JPG
    FCB #09.JPG