Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool pictures Thanks!
To me the second picture looks like the rocks may be stacked artificially , and they dont really look like typical native american . Spanish of some type would be my guess but hopefully someone with more experience can chime in on these. Alot of times it seems too that , Ancient, Native American Indian, Aztec, Spanish , other European , KGC, outlaw and other petroglyph symbols can blend a little and have to be separated , and even if based on a similar system , some of it even human subconscious behaviour, every artist is different and engineer is different and has their own personality's talents and situation that puts them where they are .

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I like your circular "turtle" with the cross etc.. it reminds me of this..from an area of mines. Though different in many ways it has enough simuilarities that I immediately thought of it when i saw your white glyph.
collage.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your circular "turtle" with the cross etc.. it reminds me of this..from an area of mines. Though different in many ways it has enough simuilarities that I immediately thought of it when i saw your white glyph.

Hey, Moons, did you notice the Hebrew-looking words / letters on the side of that huge bullhead profile that's straight up from the round turtle-looking symbol. And I don't think that circle of the "turtle" is Indian because it has letters in it. Looks like "C L E D".

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing for sure. There was a LOT of volcanic activity in this area at one time in the past.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Deep:
That open circle with the line through it has the value of "3" and those 2 rocks just above it look to have been placed there by the hand of man. The little stone on the right looks like it's in the shape of a small dog with it's head butted against the snout of, what could be a snake or turtle. (that's the larger rock on the left) Those 2 stones form an opening you can see through, but may not be a typical hoyo setup.

At the 1 to 2 o'clock position from that little circle is a large stone shaped like the drumstick of a chicken (lol) The upper end seems to have been shaped to fit into the notched overhang of that larger rock.

Look closer, but be very careful. See if there is an opening behind the chicken drumstick, but before you try to move it, check very closely to see if it might be a death trap or, in the least, a leg breaker. I believe that some group, set up rock falls to injure folks and not necessarily KILL them. A bad injury would effectively take out at least 3 people or maybe more. No. 1, the injured guy and at least 2 others to help him back to civilization for care. This last is just my own thoughts on the matter. Leg-breakers and head-knockers would be a hell of a lot easier and simpler to rig up on a trail..........and especially at an important stopping point or storage site. In Viet Nam, the VC would use little "toe-poppers" to slow down their enemy...........US. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

In Deep

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Shortstack for looking at my photo
I thought the rock you are calling a dog head was the turtles front leg
I will have to check out the drumstick I took 82 pictures in about a half hour and only doubled up on a few of them there is a about as much sign as there is volcanic activity in this spot

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take a minimum of 400 pictures a hour, duplicating anything with structure in it. I can take you back to the exact spot of any find just by the picture. Your pictures were very easy to see. Camera shake always kills a lot of my pictures so I use my walking stick as tripod also. I make it a practice to get under, behind, and on top of things. I can screen my video and photos at sight, but usually take them home and spend a few hours and a pot of coffee to screen them. I always have a master copy and do a save as into a working file. I use a few different editing programs that can enlarge and enhance pictures. You may want to reverse color on these shots. Hope this helps.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Deep:
Here's why I called the little figure a dog. You can see the small pointed ears and the rounded legs that come to a point at the "feet". I outlined the turtle head in red and realize that it MIGHT be a hooded cobra, with the way the top of the "head" widens out into almost a heart shape.

I also circled a raised oval shape on the face of the stone, behind, in white.

IMG_1263.JPG

Mighty

Oct 30, 2013
Iligan City
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro Metal Detector with Treasure Hound Eagle Eye Depth Multiplier and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys, have a nice day to all of you! If there was'nt a history of Spanish and Japanese Imperial Army's Colonization in your Country, then do not waste your time in interpreting such pictures or shapes seen in your surrounding rocks! Treasures Marks/Signs are controvercial only in the Philippines because of Japanese Loots from Asian Countries unfortunately hid in our country due to the resistance and blocking of our Filipino/Muslim Warriors with the aid of U.S Forces under Gen McArthur. When they run out of foods, ammos, etc., then they immediately hide their Loots with Yamashita Treasure Codes & Symbols before they surrendered. Thank you

Lost Horse

Nov 3, 2008

Hi In Deep

Looking over your photo – “This is just my interpretation”
I believe its old but as you can see it was created by someone living the life of a Rangler

Check out the history of the area ?

IMG_1185.JPG Stick Cowboy and Lasso.jpg cowboy-riding-a-horse-and-throwing-lasso-silhouette.jpg

Lost Horse :read2: :coffee2:

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native Americans would carve men on horses in hats if they happen to see some, as this was a rare site for them early on. How about you start with the history of the area. Any historic native am villages in the area? Known white men settlement history? I would also be careful trying to find bear, heart, etc shapes out of the rocks, at least not yet. Focus on the petroglyphs at hand first. They are pretty faded though, so that's a tough one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread